What was your first Sheffield Wednesday post on Owlstalk

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Without looking can you remember your first ever post on Owlstalk about the team?

Probably similar to the rubbish im still posting four years later. lol 

• Haha 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

I don't recall my first post.

I do remember writing my posts in a different font though just because it wound up a few of the site lunatics.

To be fair that winds me up too

lol

Someone did it earlier and posted in some roman typeface

I was apopleptic

Owlstalk Shop

I remember I joined Owlstalk around the same time as we were being linked with a new takeover every week (although I’d been reading it for a while before then) do to hazard a guess I’d say my first post was probably be something to do with Geoff Sheard or Jon Sotnick.

Just now, TrickyTrev said:

I remember I joined Owlstalk around the same time as we were being linked with a new takeover every week (although I’d been reading it for a while before then) do to hazard a guess I’d say my first post was probably be something to do with Geoff Sheard or Jon Sotnick.

Christ.

Those were the days

lol

Owlstalk Shop

Mine was back in 2007.

I had a dream and wanted to share it.

It involved a tech millionaire who didn't wear socks.

The arrival of a Serbian Saviour.

The ginger messiah.

Badgers.

A Thai man.

A Portuguese man selling snake oil.

Manuel from Fawlty Towers.

The dream did fall apart.

Anyway, I'll dig out the post but until then, 'I told you so'

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, heppers said:

Mine was back in 2007.

I had a dream and wanted to share it.

It involved a tech millionaire who didn't wear socks.

The arrival of a Serbian Saviour.

The ginger messiah.

Badgers.

A Thai man.

A Portuguese man selling snake oil.

Manuel from Fawlty Towers.

The dream did fall apart.

Anyway, I'll dig out the post but until then, 'I told you so'

Yours was actually about Ryan Lowe!!

On 31/08/2011 at 21:57, heppers said:

Great goal scoring record.

It appears we have signed an inform striker. I am not really sure what the concern is.

He has scored 7 goals this season.

Welcome to Hillsborough Ryan Lowe. Bet you can't wait to hear the songs the fans have made up for you! :-)

Go, go Ryan Lowe :-)

Owlstalk Shop

5 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

Yours was a season ticket post I think!

On 12/04/2009 at 17:43, TrickyTrev said:

I have to admit, a lot of fans have really pi$$ed me off over the past day or so with their moaning about Season Ticket pricing. Yes, times are hard but it's the same for everyone.

The new board have come into the club, turned things around (for the better) built bridges with fans groups alianated by the previous regime and suddenly some fans seem to think that they'll be getting there season tickets for next to nothing like the team at the other side of the city who haven't got a +£20m debt to service!!!

The fact is (like it or not) but external investment coming into the club in time to sort out Brian Laws pre-season budget is highly unlikely so the money needs to be generated by the fans. This is why it's really annoyed me to hear people saying they'll not bother next season because they haven't seen massive deductions on their ticklets for or they expect to be able to sit on the best stand in the ground for less just because they're attending as a family.

It's a simple question, would you rather see the similar situation next season of Laws struggling along (especially during a week when we have a midweek match) and pay less for your ticket, OR would you rather pay a little bit more and actually see what he's capable of with a more competitive wage budget and give him the very real possibility of pushing on and improving on this seasons performances? I know which outcome I would rather see!!

As it is, sitting on the South Stand I have seen a fall in the price of my ticket by around £60 for next season and I actually think that this is a fair amount and the board at Hillsborough have done a very good job in making the pricing as fair as they possibly could for next season while at the same time trying to keep in mind that there does need to be an increased budget made available for new players in order to make us a more competitive Championship Club.

I think a few of these fans who've spat the dummy out over this really need to question whether they would rather see a progressive team every other week with a more realisitic chance of doing something or whether they'd rather pay less and watch the same sort of rubbish we've been served up over the past 10 years.

Owlstalk Shop