£100m

18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Don't see how we can for season tickets after the recent sale of the price frozen tickets 

Indeed  - looks like the survey result could never be implemented - strange that.

I wonder if the survey said the following people would have still voted B:

A) Would you prefer the prices at Sheffield Wednesday across the board, for example Season Tickets, matchday tickets, official merchandise, corporate hospitality, were reduced to previous eras? The consequence of this would be the sale of key senior players, regular promotion to the first team of academy youngsters and a reduced level of investment.

Answer: Yes 29.94% No 70.06%

B) Alternatively, would you prefer the club to build on the current level of investment, maintain the pricing structure, and extend our ongoing strategy geared towards promotion to the Premier League - but this would mean breaching FFP and putting us under transfer embargo? 

Answer: Yes: 70.14%  No: 29.86%

Guest Ash76
13 hours ago, room0035 said:

And I would even quite what you are as stupid people struggle with big word:duntmatter:

Ya what? Are you just trying to reinforce my earlier point?

13 hours ago, room0035 said:

I am a qualified accountant and have been for 10 years 

Hahaha, stop now now.

We'll be fine.  Get players back from injury, let out of contract players go (but try and sign Clare and Hirst if poss), offload some of dead wood where possible.  Shame that Winnall got injured when he did as if he'd have help Derby to promotion scoring significant goals along the way there would have been $2-3m in profit from him, although I'd rather take a loss on Rhodes and keep Winnall.

Let's just hope one of the relegated teams are in panic mode and splash parachute cash on the Championships most proven goalscorer.

Guest mkowl

Wow I missed this thread yesterday and could have trumped everyone with my boast of 25 years as a qualified chartered accountant. Means I can speak more crap with more authority than others.

I mentioned the 100m the other day as my guesstimate of the funds committed so far by DC in relation to SWFC

So that does include the original purchase price of the shares from MM. I think that was 35m to 40m (@heppers to confirm).

He has put in additional funds as share capital. I recall this is about 8m. Ignore the share capital note in the actual accounts. This is totally different and is a remnant of a lot of history re the MM era and the old plc. 

We know for a fact there are shareholder loans of 38m. This grew by 20m over the year to May 17

The presumption is that maybe another 20m will be needed this year

Add on the sponsorship of the stadium and shirt 

I reckon that is over 100m funds used on this project to date that is visible from the accounts.

I get the OP point that the purchase of the shares is an investment. The shares reflect a continuing asset available namely the stadium and training ground and players. 

However put it the other way how much would a 3rd party need to offer DC for him to walk away at break even cash wise

19 hours ago, room0035 said:

DC bought the club for £32m + a new scoreboard. This is the price he paid for a club in the Championship with very little debt. This is not investment so cannot be classed as money into the club. This is the price of the goods he bought not The investment into it.

It is.

I mean it literally is the definition of an investment.

He bought something, more than likely hoping for an increase in its value (via us getting promoted, or buying players who appreciate in value....which totally hasn’t happened, admittedly). That in itself is an investment.

Just because you don’t see it that way, doesn’t make it so. 

Only by taking out shares directly, or investing in a stocks and shares ISA, or a unit trust, would you have something more definitively labelled as an investment.