£100m

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf there are plenty of people in his thread who are not "happy clappers" who have suggested that you're talking out of your backside on this one. 

I know that qualified accountants are usually good with numbers, but I'd also expect them to be able to know the difference between a hole and whole. 

The irony of when to stop digging.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Tbf there are plenty of people in his thread who are not "happy clappers" who have suggested that you're talking out of your backside on this one. 

I know that qualified accountants are usually good with numbers, but I'd also expect them to be able to know the difference between a hole and whole. 

I really don't care son my English is crap that's why I went into numbers but keep believing everything you are told - I am wrong DC is the second coming of christ and he has spent £150m of his own money making us worse than we were before he bought us.

Maybe he would have been placing a net on a horse least he would have a change of winning.

6 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Why on earth should we get a split - really don’t get your point. I pay around £650 a season to watch most of the home games because I want to watch Wednesday play football.

I don’t pay that money to end up with a split of the money we may get if and when we reach the premiership. :ghoulguy:

Missing point exactly :picnic:

I think some people conflate "happy clapper" with people who want some concrete facts and proper analysis. 

You know, to cut through the never-ending rumour and innuendo. 

Just now, room0035 said:

I really don't care son my English is crap that's why I went into numbers but keep believing everything you are told - I am wrong DC is the second coming of christ and he has spent £150m of his own money making us worse than we were before he bought us.

Maybe he would have been placing a net on a horse least he would have a change of winning.

It's not a case of believing everything I'm told. Its just a case of not really believing anything you've put. 

If I thought you were approaching this with a bit of impartiality then I might take you seriously, but you've so clearly made your mind up (and did so very long ago) that I can't take you seriously. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

How would/could he do that?

He could decide that he's had enough and he's not spending any more and administration here we come.

He'd be writing off his losses but at the same time he'd be limiting them too.

Just now, Watson said:

Some seem to think we have a right to succeed if we have spent a fortune.  This league is littered with clubs who have spent big and failed.  There are twenty-one clubs in the league who won't sep aside to allow us to go up.

You bought into it, no one made you jump on board.  No promises were made. 

I’m a Wednesday fan. What was the alternative?

1 minute ago, morley said:

He could decide that he's had enough and he's not spending any more and administration here we come.

He'd be writing off his losses but at the same time he'd be limiting them too.

International business men usually deal in us dollars.... he'd be walking away from a quarter of a billion loss here in dollars....he can't/won't flounce his way out mate.

FFS.

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

And you appear to be manipulating the numbers to suit your argument.

Then again that's an accountants job isn't it?

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Ha. 

What I suspect has happened here is he's gone in with his mind already made up (Chansiri is not telling the truth on the 100 to 150 million) and has then looked at the accounts and found figures to suit that particular line of argument. 

Sounds like Piganomics to me lol 

1 minute ago, Costello 77 said:

International business men usually deal in us dollars.... he'd be walking away from a quarter of a billion loss here in dollars....he can't/won't flounce his way out mate.

FFS.

If he's a business man he may well go as no sensible business person keeps chucking good money after bad in the hope that something will change.

He's had his best shot at the Premiership in the last couple of years and unless something changes with the clubs finances, or the rules governing them, we're in the mire for a long time to come.

If however he likes a gamble than he may well keep chucking money in the hope of hitting the jackpot.

Just now, morley said:

If he's a business man he may well go as no sensible business person keeps chucking good money after bad in the hope that something will change.

He's had his best shot at the Premiership in the last couple of years and unless something changes with the clubs finances, or the rules governing them, we're in the mire for a long time to come.

If however he likes a gamble than he may well keep chucking money in the hope of hitting the jackpot.

Or dispose of the assets... Probably £50 to £70 million.

FFS.

19 minutes ago, room0035 said:

They netted horses in Spartacus...you know?

FFS.

• Haha 1

Just now, Costello 77 said:

FFS.

Who buys a club that losing £20m a season , has an aging squad of players on silly money, with no good young players tied to the club because they have been allowed to get into the last few months of their contracts.

There Is no business plan other than what can we get the fans to pay for next.

5 minutes ago, morley said:

One accounting way of looking at it  - if I can recall my old training correctly - is that his investment so far is a sunk cost and irrelevant to the ongoing situation. What matters is what happens from now - and as you say chucking good money after bad can be inadvisable. He’ll want to look at the best way of getting out and cashing in what’s left. That will hopefully make administration/receivership a poor option. 

Presumably he is by far the biggest creditor and he’s keeping HMRC sweet so it will be totally down to him. 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

FFS.

I think that your valuation of the assets ( at cost in the accounts) in a fire fire sale is as optimistic as your view of the future.

I am not doubting DC's commitment at the moment but in the words of Bryan Ferry "nothing lasts for ever"

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

One accounting way of looking at it  - if I can recall my old trading correctly - is that his investment so far is a sunk cost and irrelevant to the ongoing situation. What matters is what happens from now - and as you say chucking good money after bad can be inadvisable. He’ll want to look at the best way of getting out and cashing in hat’s left. That will hopefully make administration/receivership a poor option. 

Presumably he is by far the biggest creditor and he’s keeping HMRC sweet so it will be totally down to him. 

Absolutely right.

As a retired commercial banker that's just how I see it too.

Just now, room0035 said:

Who buys a club that losing £20m a season , has an aging squad of players on silly money, with no good young players tied to the club because they have been allowed to get into the last few months of their contracts.

There Is no business plan other than what can we get the fans to pay for next.

Selling the assets!  You're getting yourself into a right knot in this thread...on an unrelated matter.. I had a mate once who cracked on he was a Stuntman...but I'll relate that tale another time.

FFS.

• Haha 1