£100m

29 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

One slight problem here though

D-Taxis doesn't exist :Chansiri:

Now you tell me, I booked one 3 months ago and every time I enquire to see where it is they just reply with 'coming soon'. :ghoulguy:

13 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

How would/could he do that?

He could put the club into receivership. He'd lose the majority of his investment but it would stop the drain on his finances. He would need to fund any personal guarantees he's provided but I doubt there are any except to maybe Doyen.

It's pretty much the same as any business that runs out of money.

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Indeed. 

As long as he's willing to put money in we should be ok. 

If he loses interest then it really is curtains. 

But it's his 'business'. I don't think 'walking away' and losing interest are options for him.

Apparently he was looking for a club for a while. Other extended family members were already involved at Reading, and Thais were also involved at Leicester et al. so before committing to buy SWFC for £37m+ he must have done all due diligence not only on Wednesday, but on the english football, and have planned his financial commitment over the years.

It's either a hobby, or a business, and one where he knew he could have potentially invested £100m within 3 years of owning the club. The point of return on investment, with the PL riches, were never guaranteed, so he must have factored this in. 

To walk away would mean selling the business at a loss - the valuation of the club must still be around £40m or so - so he's likely to lose £50m at least. 

I can not believe he would write this off. The piece above suggests the Chansari family have £700m of wealth (whatever that means) so he's already taped into 14% of that without any success at all. I assume the family have underwritten the total debt, unless he really is the sole funder. If he is, this must have the potential to wipe him out entirely.

35 minutes ago, Andoverowl said:

One slight problem here though

D-Taxis doesn't exist :Chansiri:

Absolutely - so why have the sponsorship. I imagine, we'll see both D-taxis and Elev8 bringing in some serious coin next year :stuwinky:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Chansiri has put substantial sums into the club, and at the end of the financial year was owed about £38 million in loans on top of £45 million invested in shares. His benevolence appears at present to be unconditional, so Wednesday fans should not worry about the owner wanting to sell up or stop supporting the club financially

The OP really needs to read this bit. 

OP Keeps banging on about the fans paying for everything, who the foook do you think pays for the losses each year? We're not borrowing it from a bank, it's coming from DC. 

Not even DC's biggest "haters" can argue with a straight face he isn't putting in any money....apart from the OP. 

Foook me lol

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

OP Keeps banging on about the fans paying for everything, who the foook do you think pays for the losses each year? We're not borrowing it from a bank, it's coming from DC. 

Not even DC's biggest "haters" can argue with a straight face he isn't putting in any money....apart from the OP. 

Foook me lol

But he's a qualified accountant,has been for 10 years,surely we must take his word ?

• Haha 3

Guest Bulgaria
21 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Now you tell me, I booked one 3 months ago and every time I enquire to see where it is they just reply with 'coming soon'. :ghoulguy:

They tell me it's due in 2 weeks.

Edited by Bulgaria

6 minutes ago, RichieB said:

Foook me lol

Who do you think created the losses each year?

Its how own financial incompetence that has dug the money pit that he now has to keep shovelling cash into (with a little of everyone else's as well)...not sure he deserves too much sympathy.

8 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

Who do you think created the losses each year?

Its how own financial incompetence that has dug the money pit that he now has to keep shovelling cash into (with a little of everyone else's as well)...not sure he deserves too much sympathy.

I agree to a certain extent with your post, the last 18 months DC/the club have not been smart at all with spending, wasteful infact, but that wasn't my point, and that is a different matter, the OP is arguing that DC isn't putting in any of his own money lol

1 minute ago, RichieB said:

I agree to a certain extent with your post, the last 18 months DC/the club have not been smart at all with spending, wasteful infact, but that wasn't my point, and that is a different matter, the OP is arguing that DC isn't putting in any of his own money lol

Love him or loath him, and I certainly dont love him, the one thing that is absolutely clear is that he has been shovelling in about £20m of his own money a year.

4 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

The analysis is very good, by far the best of what I've seen to date.

What I don’t follow is what I posted on the accounts thread

The Price of Football assessment says

“Looking at Wednesday’s recent accounts, the club has lost money every year, but the total for the last three years comes to £34.3 million. Some costs, such as infrastructure, academy and community schemes, are excluded from the FFP calculations. A conservative estimate of these would be about £8 million, so Wednesday’s FFP losses are probably about £26 million over the last three years.

If this is the case, whilst Wednesday don’t have a huge amount of wiggle room for 2017/18, the club should satisfy FFP this season. The manager will however be unable to spend a huge amount in the transfer market in summer 2018.”

But isn’t the forecast 2017/18 loss taken into account now? So a £4m loss drops out to be replaced by at least £20m - and that’s assuming our losses haven’t increased this season which may not be the case given the purchases of Rhodes, Van Aken, Peludoodah and their wages plus Boyd’s wages. So a £34m loss becomes a £50m loss. Less the estimate of £8m for excluded expenses that’s £42m which will breach FFP.

47 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Let's not get all personal

Why not that's Barmey if he does not like what you say he rallys the mob.

The happy clappers the chairman can do no wrong possy is what will be the reason out once great club will go down the pan.

I have been in business 20+ years and yes as stated in the past I am a qualified accountant but even I can only go on the information quoted and DC figures have a massive whole in them that someone is funding and I cannot see any record that it is DC.

I am sure Barney will know though can you get next week lottery numbers at the same time lol

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

The happy clappers the chairman can do no wrong possy is what will be the reason out once great club will go down the pan.

I have been in business 20+ years and yes as stated in the past I am a qualified accountant but even I can only go on the information quoted and DC figures have a massive whole in them that someone is funding and I cannot see any record that it is DC.

I am sure Barney will know though can you get next week lottery numbers at the same time lol

Tbf there are plenty of people in his thread who are not "happy clappers" who have suggested that you're talking out of your backside on this one. 

I know that qualified accountants are usually good with numbers, but I'd also expect them to be able to know the difference between a hole and whole. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, room0035 said:

I was trying to make t he point but we don't get a split.

Why on earth should we get a split - really don’t get your point. I pay around £650 a season to watch most of the home games because I want to watch Wednesday play football.

I don’t pay that money to end up with a split of the money we may get if and when we reach the premiership. :ghoulguy:

Just now, room0035 said:

Listen up fella,you made the mistake of saying and believing £20 million turnover was thru fans only,i pulled you up on it,lets not be behaving like some snowflake eh.

The turnover breakdown was posted % wise,you chose/choose to ignore it.

Just now, oldtawnyowl said:

What amount of investment could we expect to receive from stadium "naming rights".

Would going down this route provide enough to ease the fears over FFP.

Hardly anything of note

Nope - not even close. Wouldn't even scratch the surface

Owlstalk Shop

33 minutes ago, RichieB said:

I never said that the opening posted said he has not put in the figure DC keeps saying in the press.

The club has wasted £100m but that includes all revenue not just DC. When you take you not then flag people off that happens that you miss what the thread was about.

Don't worry I won't make the mistake of starting anymore.