£100m

Just now, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Quite right..................................did make me chuckle tho.

Personal attacks just put people off joining in and posting 

I don't want that

Owlstalk is open to all who want to join in so long as they don't make personal attacks instead of debating the topic

Owlstalk Shop

12 minutes ago, Animis said:

Has this changed since Allen was at the club and trying to sell it?

If not Wednesday have a circa 50 year reversion on the lease - i.e. 50 years left to run, which means they can not sell the leasehold to another developer unless they get an extension beyond 100 yrs from the landlord (council)

It's a 1000 year lease?

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Personal attacks just put people off joining in and posting 

I don't want that

Owlstalk is open to all who want to join in so long as they don't make personal attacks instead of debating the topic

Who had a personal attack on the size of my member the other day ? 

lol

I assume the 2017/18 position will be worse or at least the same. Therefore, we will/have presumably be forecasting a FFP breach to the authorities before the 2017/18 accounts are published no later than 1st March 2019. What will be the implication of this, and when? I'm think transfer embargo. Is there any other short term penalty?

If we did nothing in the summer, and maintained and honoured the current player contracts, and being generous the revenue stays the same, it's likely we will report similar loss for 2018/19, no later than 1st March 2020. Indeed, I assume we will need to forecast these results/losses next March, which again will mean a breach on the cumulative three year assessment at £39m over three years.

Unless we get promoted or cut the costs significantly in the summer of 2019, when most of the high-value contracts are up, we will presumably be caught in some form of transfer embargo over the next years - is this correct?

5 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

OP is clearly not an idiot although starting a thread with a numerical value away from the main thread then getting the maths wrong puts him/her in a good position for the vacancy on the kiosk in the North Stand.

Really so other than match day income what's wrong it's income from source not including the chairman so HE HASN'T PUT THE MONEY IN

1 minute ago, Animis said:

I assume the 2017/18 position will be worse or at least the same. Therefore, we will/have presumably be forecasting a FFP breach to the authorities before the 2017/18 accounts are published no later than 1st March 2019. What will be the implication of this, and when? I'm think transfer embargo. Is there any other short term penalty?

If we did nothing in the summer, and maintained and honoured the current player contracts, and being generous the revenue stays the same, it's likely we will report similar loss for 2018/19, no later than 1st March 2020. Indeed, I assume we will need to forecast these results/losses next March, which again will mean a breach on the cumulative three year assessment at £39m over three years.

Unless we get promoted or cut the costs significantly in the summer of 2019, when most of the high-value contracts are up, we will presumably be caught in some form of transfer embargo over the next years - is this correct?

do these latest figures include Wembley? If not they certainly include last years play-offs and increased crowds due to the form of our run-in.

If so then this years figures will show much lower gate incomes.

55 minutes ago, Captain Scarlett said:

More to the point he is the major shareholder of the company that owns  the club and the land it stands on. How much would it be worth to a supermarket Chain or housing developer

to purchase the land. That is how he might recoup his investment.  A frightening prospect.

Jesus.

The only way Mr Chansiri or his family will sell the stadium, training ground or lands for such reasons will be if/when we no longer require them as they have built something better.

This type of conjecture is rife at the moment.

2 minutes ago, Animis said:

We have to give this season forecast result to the fa, unless DC has found away to give a charitable donations to the club of £20m+ FFP has been smashed we will be under a transfer embargo next season.

We have two choice ignore the fa and continue on am a Blackburn QPR or We sell our player assets and try and off load the over paid dross Fletcher, Abdi, Matias, Jones, etc.

Just now, SiJ said:

What makes the OP qualified? 

You know - so we can actually take him seriously? 

Because his figures sound like a load of bo11ocks to me. 

Really what makes you qualied? 

I took the figures from our published accounts so does that make them all lies as well.

Just now, room0035 said:

Really what makes you qualied? 

I took the figures from our published accounts so does that make them all lies as well.

No offence, but I'd rather listen to a qualified accountant than some bloke playing with his Casio. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, modboy said:

do these latest figures include Wembley? If not they certainly include last years play-offs and increased crowds due to the form of our run-in.

I assume the wembley revenue was in last year's (2015/16) accounts up to 31st May 2016. The above mentions broadcast revenue:

Broadcast income was down 7%. This was partly due to Wednesday only getting as far as the playoff semi-final, compared to the previous season when they made it to Wembley, which was worth a couple of million to the club.

7 minutes ago, modboy said:

The figure are always for the previous season.