When did it start to go wrong?

6 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Huddersfield play off away.

Binned an on-fire side to shoe-horn FF back in, and went ultra negative at the same time.

An a4 sheet of paper aint big enough to say and list how many mistakes Carlos made , nearly every signing he made(Jan 16 onwards he was in charge of signings) playoff tactics , boring style of football , listening to his press conferences,  leaving us with the unfitest squad ever , no manager has ever left our club in a worst state in 150 years of the club existence , we are having a fire sale in summer just so we can continue and pay the wages of abdi fletcher Rhodes etc who we are stuck with those 3 alone earn more than the entire Preston squad .

6 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Forget Wembley,  Carlos or player recruitment. If you could pick one defining moment this season when it all started to go wrong what would it be? 

Opening match?

Swapping Winnall for Butterfield? 

Sol Bamba's equaliser for Cardiff in 95th minute?

Duffy's goal for United?

October international break?

Other?

Impossible for two reasons. 

1. It didn’t happen this season. 

2. We’ve made so many bad choices, and god so many awful performances. Isolated, we’d have been able to recover from them. Combined, they’ve killed us. 

Think it all went wrong when we sacked CC.  With all the injuries, he was doing well to keep us just under mid table.

Since then we've been thrashed by Burton, Brum and Bris C, as well as putting in some ropey performances in other games. 

But carry on blaming CC.  

Should he really have gone after the Huddersfield home game?   Sack a manager after two playoff seasons?   Some fans still think we have a right to the Prem for some reason.  

Guest mkowl
6 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Think it all went wrong when we sacked CC.  With all the injuries, he was doing well to keep us just under mid table.

Since then we've been thrashed by Burton, Brum and Bris C, as well as putting in some ropey performances in other games. 

But carry on blaming CC.  

Should he really have gone after the Huddersfield home game?   Sack a manager after two playoff seasons?   Some fans still think we have a right to the Prem for some reason.  

Hi Carlos

For me it was Hudds at home in play offs. We were one up, they brought on this super-fast winger late on. He was tearing us apart. I was screaming at Carlos to do something.... the inevitable happened, he created the equaliser and we know what happened next. We would have won at Wembley imo but that defeat, in the play offs for the second year running, knocked the stuffing out the whole club.

For me Huddersfield performance over both legs was an indication of our fitness levels and being unable to get ourselves ‘up’ for those games.  I can see why CC was still retained after that purely on position finish.  

What I think DC failed to see was it wasn’t necessarily representative of a ‘strong/stronger’ performance compared with the previous season.  His naivety showed.

After the debacle at Preston - CC should have gone - that performance left me completely dumbfounded.  As if the whole squad hasn’t trained together for he whole of the summer. 

Rest is a complete shambles 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Whatever you think of Rhodes, we have 3 fit strikers.

Is Rhodes a game changer coming off the bench?  No.

Is Nuhiu a good starting striker? No.

Jos has to make the best of a hugely limited troup. Joao-Rhodes, with Nuhiu coming on later is the best of a bad job.

Disagree Rhodes is like playing with ten men he has no affect on the game at all. I know your a fan but you must he whatever he had has now gone ? Everyone and I mean everyone wanted this to work out even those who didn’t want to sign him (like me) but he’s has chance after chance and yes we

dont play his way but he simply isn’t up to it.

7 minutes ago, Manila_Owl said:

When the fans turned on Carlos

Welcome back, a sure sign the weather is improving, now get some snap down you hibernation is over, I know it’s been a long one.

im sure that was the catalyst to our demise .....:duntmatter:

Edited by Bark1062
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Forget Wembley,  Carlos or player recruitment. If you could pick one defining moment this season when it all started to go wrong what would it be? 

Opening match?

Swapping Winnall for Butterfield? 

Sol Bamba's equaliser for Cardiff in 95th minute?

Duffy's goal for United?

October international break?

Other?

Forget the reasons why it went wrong - why did it go wrong?? 

Great question 

Guest mkowl
8 minutes ago, Manila_Owl said:

When the fans turned on Carlos

Or when Carlos turned on the fans by boring us to death during games with the tactical approach.

I was one that questioned his appointment but had to eat quite a lot of humble pie. I came out of the ground buzzing on several occasions. You raise the bar and are backed financially as well then you pull the rug and put it on your head instead

Guest mkowl
4 minutes ago, torres said:

Forget the reasons why it went wrong - why did it go wrong?? 

Great question 

My answer is below - I blame Middlesbrough. They got promoted with a style that CC then wanted to copy. Instead of thinking we are playing well how do we tweak this an entirely different game plan was adopted. It didn't suit the players ability and importantly the mentality. That was the defining moment

43 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Disagree Rhodes is like playing with ten men he has no affect on the game at all. I know your a fan but you must he whatever he had has now gone ? Everyone and I mean everyone wanted this to work out even those who didn’t want to sign him (like me) but he’s has chance after chance and yes we

dont play his way but he simply isn’t up to it.

I agree that we have not seen the old Rhodes, and it’s becoming possible we never will.

But it’s wrong to say it’s like playing with ten men. Remember last season when we could only score when Jordan was on the pitch. 

But it the main point is we simply have no choice. We have 3 fit strikers, two of whom, Joao and Nuhiu, struggle to play lots of minutes.