When did it start to go wrong?

We should have got rid of Carlos after Huddersfield but the player recruitment as been a mess ever since Wembley. Mistakes and weaknesses haven't been addressed, why did it take so long into the season to get rid of Carlos? Seems to me we brought in the wrong replacement and a short term gamble because Chansiri probably missed out on all of his main targets? Our bad luck and the rot or the defensive football seemed to have set in ever since Wembley along with the messing about with the home kit, it's as though we've upset the footballing Gods or something by ditching our famous iconic stripes. :sad: What a nightmare and a utter mess. WTF: I miss the excitement and optimism we had in Carlos' first season... :duntmatter:

It's amazing how the previous two seasons (by our recent standards very good ones) have pretty much been rendered obsolete. 

Like they never happened, such has been  the rate of decline. 

I think it started to go wrong about the time I caught the ferry over to Shelbyville. I needed a new heel for my shoe, so, I decided to go to Morganville, which is what they called Shelbyville in those days. So I tied an onion to my belt, which was the style at the time. Now, to take the ferry cost a nickel, and in those days, nickels had pictures of bumblebees on ‘em. “Give me five bees for a quarter,” you’d say. Now where were we? Oh yeah – the important thing was I had an onion on my belt, which was the style at the time. They didn’t have white onions because of the war. The only thing you could get was those big yellow ones. Anyway, when Carlos blamed the players after Wembley he should have been sacked. 

• Haha 1

I dont see how it can be blamed on FF refusing to travel to Norwich, as we went on to finish 4th.

Ultimately I believe it went wrong due to the way CC set up in the first leg at Huddersfield, we'd already beat them twice in the league, we should have gone for the win and had it wrapped up. Instead we left ourselves susceptible in the second leg by having to win it. A lot of people thought it was a forgone conclusion, but I had a bad feeling about it. Wallace going off early didnt help us, but we were 1-0 up with 17 mins to play and Hillsborough was rocking, it was criminal that we didnt get through and the blame lays at CC's door.

He should have gone that night.

This season was always going to be a step too far without the squad being freshened up and the recruitment in the summer was a joke. I was away for Preston but it was apparent against QPR that we had become a mid table [at best] team.

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

The most infuriating thing is we kept him on and he was lining up the Swansea job. 

No way he walks into that job 4 days after he was "sacked". 

Almost certain he was in talks with Swansea for a good few weeks before that. 

Shambles. 

He looked like a manager that had given up .. so stubborn in not changing anything. Like he wanted to fail so he could jump ship and leave to Swansea.

flipping stinks .. and how the BBC are lording him up is cringe worthy and an insult ...

Just now, Hack-Abusi said:

He looked like a manager that had given up .. so stubborn in not changing anything. Like he wanted to fail so he could jump ship and leave to Swansea.

flipping stinks .. and how the BBC are lording him up is cringe worthy and an insult ...

Hes pure entertainment though

Good box office

Owlstalk Shop