When did it start to go wrong?

Forget Wembley,  Carlos or player recruitment. If you could pick one defining moment this season when it all started to go wrong what would it be? 

Opening match?

Swapping Winnall for Butterfield? 

Sol Bamba's equaliser for Cardiff in 95th minute?

Duffy's goal for United?

October international break?

Other?

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Huddersfield play off away.

Binned an on-fire side to shoe-horn FF back in, and went ultra negative at the same time.

I think that is the single moment that causes me the most anger, no doubt of that.

I could lose my poo right now if I allow myself to dwell on that.

Edited by Morepork

1 minute ago, Morepork said:

It goes wrong in the closed season after CC's 1st year. What we need to push on is obvious to many of us but we get it so badly wrong.

Actually, this, but signing Rhodes, with all it's implications, was the biggest single mistake

Just now, gurujuan said:

Easy, signing Jordan Rhodes

That’s frankly rediculous.

He was an integral part of us getting back into the top six last year, and right now is one of three fit strikers. Had we not signed him we would be facing the run-in with Nuhiu and Joao as our only available strikers.

• Haha 1

Just now, gurujuan said:

Actually, this, but signing Rhodes, with all it's implications, was the biggest single mistake

We're all kind of right mate!! Each one of the moments mentioned is like a hammer blow knocking us further and further backwards...

2 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

That’s frankly rediculous.

He was an integral part of us getting back into the top six last year, and right now is one of three fit strikers. Had we not signed him we would be facing the run-in with Nuhiu and Joao as our only available strikers.

Nuhiu and Joao are playing ahead of him because Rhodes is terrible. He wasn’t integral last year, he would have been if he had the guts to take a pen against Huddersfield but he didn’t, spineless. 

CC giving it all the chat about being more attacking in the build up to this season only to if anything set the team up to play even slower lower intensity football.

I'd seen enough after the Rangers friendly to show me that was nonsense. Failure to prepare (team spirit, tactics and fitness) and preparing to fail. Seeing him doing so well at Swansea is painful.

• Thanks 1

You could make a case for a lot of them but for me it was the failure to kick on after Leeds. We'd put in some sort of a redeeming performance 7 days on from THAT derby defeat and a few days after losing to Birmingham (they were 2nd bottom before that game) and yet we turn up two weeks after at Bolton and set up for a point. The fans turned that day and it was hard to argue against it. I would also say the Bristol City game at home after the Villa game was one as well. It was a dreadful game, we offered nothing at all. 2 weeks after such a fantastic display at Villa Park.

The one moment however that I think has set the tone since it happened was Danny Ward's save from Fernando in the shoot out back in May. I 100% if he'd scored that we'd have won that shoot out and then beat Reading at Wembley. Call me deluded or a happy clapper but I really believe that and it's a crying shame we didn't.

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Nuhiu and Joao are playing ahead of him because Rhodes is terrible. He wasn’t integral last year, he would have been if he had the guts to take a pen against Huddersfield but he didn’t, spineless. 

Whatever you think of Rhodes, we have 3 fit strikers.

Is Rhodes a game changer coming off the bench?  No.

Is Nuhiu a good starting striker? No.

Jos has to make the best of a hugely limited troup. Joao-Rhodes, with Nuhiu coming on later is the best of a bad job.

Hull,we never built or improved or learned lessons,carlos got another tilt but just teased us.

Now we have to mop his mess up,and like all unfinished jigsaws,the missing peices are always the hardest to fathom.

We now swap one mans philosophy for anothers,but with players he cant fit into his style.......

16 minutes ago, Owl 44 said:

Forget Wembley,  Carlos or player recruitment. If you could pick one defining moment this season when it all started to go wrong what would it be? 

Opening match?

Swapping Winnall for Butterfield? 

Sol Bamba's equaliser for Cardiff in 95th minute?

Duffy's goal for United?

October international break?

Other?

Forget Wembley is like saying forget Hitler invaded Poland.

• Haha 8

3 minutes ago, legendaryswan said:

Hull,we never built or improved or learned lessons,carlos got another tilt but just teased us.

Now we have to mop his mess up,and like all unfinished jigsaws,the missing peices are always the hardest to fathom.

We now swap one mans philosophy for anothers,but with players he cant fit into his style.......

But we don’t yet know if Jos can fit Bannan, FF, Hooper, Lees, Westwood, Fletcher, Lee, Hutchinson into his style.