A Bristol City view

3 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

First of all well done to the Owls fans who sang throughout the game. They were magnificent even when you were 0-4 down. Very impressive indeed. We spotted the guy who goes shirtless every game regardless of the weather and the same guy that always gets picked out whenever you're  on TV.

As for the game. I certainly wasn't expecting such a good performance from our boys. We very good today and had the game virtually  won by half time. The second half penalty was definate and the hat trick goal for Bobby Reid.

We had one of our long term injuries back today. Pisaro at RB his first start in 5 months. His presence balanced the side well

As for your guys. The only one that stands out was 17 Nuhiu but only because he was either clumsy or dirty or maybe both. He clattered into  our RB twice in the first half no left him needing treatment.  As for others none of them impressed. The strip they wore was better than one worn at Swansea but had no logo on the front. It's been years since I saw that.

Obviously I'm delighted with the three points but at the same time a little disappointed with the lack of fight shown by your players. After they went two down they looked a beaten team. I was also disappointed not to see Rhodes start. 

Hope your fans who were at AG today enjoyed the experience despite the result. Bristol is a lovely City and hopefully the guys that fancied a curry took my advice and eat at the Raj Bari.

Anyway we'll be playing each other next season. You won't be relegated and we won't get promoted.....

Cheers mate.

And for our Dear Big Dave (#17), you certainly nailed him bang on.

Old friend who is a city sth told me it was one of their best performances of the season.  But he was surprised how poor we were.

My son described it as dire.

Ideally by now I'd be enjoying a pint with them both before a nice meal with the lad and then my airbnb in clifton.  Sad to have missed that at least.

Oh dear.

6 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

First of all well done to the Owls fans who sang throughout the game. They were magnificent even when you were 0-4 down. Very impressive indeed. We spotted the guy who goes shirtless every game regardless of the weather and the same guy that always gets picked out whenever you're  on TV.

As for the game. I certainly wasn't expecting such a good performance from our boys. We very good today and had the game virtually  won by half time. The second half penalty was definate and the hat trick goal for Bobby Reid.

We had one of our long term injuries back today. Pisaro at RB his first start in 5 months. His presence balanced the side well

As for your guys. The only one that stands out was 17 Nuhiu but only because he was either clumsy or dirty or maybe both. He clattered into  our RB twice in the first half no left him needing treatment.  As for others none of them impressed. The strip they wore was better than one worn at Swansea but had no logo on the front. It's been years since I saw that.

Obviously I'm delighted with the three points but at the same time a little disappointed with the lack of fight shown by your players. After they went two down they looked a beaten team. I was also disappointed not to see Rhodes start. 

Hope your fans who were at AG today enjoyed the experience despite the result. Bristol is a lovely City and hopefully the guys that fancied a curry took my advice and eat at the Raj Bari.

Anyway we'll be playing each other next season. You won't be relegated and we won't get promoted.....

We are a joke at the minute mate . We are an embarrassment 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Alan Robinson said:

I wouldn't bet against either . Just stop the pigs and that will do us 

• Like 1

I wasn’t surprised at the result. We’re architects of our own downfall. Too many sideways & backards passes. We keep trying to play out from the back in ridiculous situations where we just need to boot it upfield, we just get caught short all the time.

Injuries have destroyed our season but conceding 10 goals in 7 days is inexcusable. I feel for Jos, but I have to question his appointment now, we’re looking very very poor. 

Edited by owlerton

18 minutes ago, cross owl said:

I wouldn't bet against either . Just stop the pigs and that will do us 

We'll do our best for you. Our game against them on the last day might be a tad 'lively'! 

You left your mark on Joe Bryan by the way :sad:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text and close-up

1 hour ago, Alan Robinson said:

You are absolutely right about number 17.....he's the worst player I've ever seen play professional football and has a scoring record that your 4th choice keeper would probably beat if he played up front 

And yet you won't make many friends in here for saying so.....you wouldn't believe how many people think he's the answer to all our problems..,,that we need to make sure Real Madrid or Barca don't swoop in the next transfer window

re the logo.....we do have one on the kit it's just doesn't show up very well

Nuhui missed a couple of sitters today, and still wasn't our worst player.

As bad as we were, Bristol City were excellent today. Moved the ball around really well on what was a difficult and slippy surface.

1 hour ago, ciderup said:

We'll do our best for you. Our game against them on the last day might be a tad 'lively'! 

You left your mark on Joe Bryan by the way :sad:

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, text and close-up

Never mess with a bloke with a lump on his head that big and still smiling WTF:

Edited by cross owl
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

You are absolutely right about number 17.....he's the worst player I've ever seen play professional football

And yet you won't make many friends in here for saying so.....you wouldn't believe how many people think he's the answer to all our problems..,,that we need to make sure Real Madrid or Barca don't swoop in the next transfer window

re the logo.....we do have one on the kit it's just doesn't show up very well

This place is sooo similar to our own - otib. We're all football fans at the end of the day and we all want our clubs to do well but sometimes posters are so negative you have to question why they bother to post.. Like here there numerous diverse opinions, lots of arguement sand some interesting debates.

No doubt there are certain posters who are utter numpties and others who clearly know their stuff - just like otib.

As for the logo - whoever designed that should be sacked and you guys can laugh all the way to the bank with the invisible sponsors dosh....

16 minutes ago, leono said:

As bad as we were, Bristol City were excellent today. Moved the ball around really well on what was a difficult and slippy surface.

You've got to give them a lot of credit. Their league position is no accident.

Could I also note that they've got a smart, young English manager who knows the EFL.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Ian said:

You are absolutely right about number 17.....he's the worst player I've ever seen play professional football and has a scoring record that your 4th choice keeper would probably beat if he played up front

Good to see you're keeping your usual sense of perspective and integrity rather than going for the attention seeking drama queen having a tantrum approach.

:dry:

5 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Good to see you're keeping your usual sense of perspective and integrity rather than going for the attention seeking drama queen having a tantrum approach.

:dry:

And right on cue here comes the leader of the "he'll be off to Barca" crew........"a shot out for a throw in, no he was kicking it out so that an injured player could get treatment"...."let a free header hit him on the head and bounce over the bar.....no no, you misunderstand how hard it is to head the ball when you are 7 feet tall.....he's better with his feet"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Guest mkowl
15 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

You've got to give them a lot of credit. Their league position is no accident.

Could I also note that they've got a smart, young English manager who knows the EFL.

What a ridiculous idea when you can get some Dutch fella from the German 2nd division who is on half the money