Trying to remain as positive as possible

It's been another grim season month week day for Wednesday fans, but I'm less angry than I normally am ten minutes after we've lost a game.

Probably because I'd accepted we'd lost on 45 minutes mind...

Long term, I really fear for the club, but all of our energy right now has to be focused on remaining in this division, because obviously we are in a relegation fight.

Sadly, the selection of players Jos has available to him have to be on the top of their game to give us a chance of picking up points. We did that against Pigs, Cardiff and Boro and got good points, and we did that against Derby and deservedly got three points.

When this set of players are below par however, we're going to struggle, and there's no better example of that than today's game. The players simply aren't good enough to play badly and get results - especially against the top teams.

If the players can replicate their work rate vs Pigs and quality vs Derby, then we give ourselves a good chance of winning games.

Unfortunately, football isn't played on paper, and you have to take into account the workload currently being piled onto players who a long way short of the fitness levels demanded at this level. Jos is having to ration his players, and we're subsequently struggling.

Jos is getting a bit of a kicking at the minute, and I do share concerns that many have (playing without a striker at Millwall lost us the game, and continuing to play out from the back when we're low in confidence and have Nuhiu to aim for is baffling), but I think we have to be more understanding of the job he has on right now.

Our injury problems are well documented, and those left - many of whom are barely good enough for this level - are having to playing twice a week when they haven't played in months.

The positives have been pointed out already - there are (somehow) seven teams below us, and we do have a seven point cushion.

I think we'll finish in the bottom six, but even as a pessimist I'm not yet predicting us to go down. Obviously anything less than two points from our next two games might change that opinion.

It's the long term future of our club that really scares me - I've got no confidence in Chansiri's chairmanship whatsoever, and if he does decide he's had enough then his scattergun approach to getting into the PL over the last three years will mean a buyer having to pay north of £150m, which isn't going to happen. THAT is what Wednesday fans should be alarmed over.

In the short term (til the end of the season), I think we'll be alright.

Have you looked at Leicester’s progression since Milan sold them? Spending loads of cash to start with and taking a more solid approach. 

I have more faith in the ownership than you do. Mainly because I see the mistakes slowly learnt from and corrected.

It is frustrating.

1 minute ago, 2soon said:

Have you looked at Leicester’s progression since Milan sold them? Spending loads of cash to start with and taking a more solid approach. 

I have more faith in the ownership than you do. Mainly because I see the mistakes slowly learnt from and corrected.

It is frustrating.

I haven't seen him learn from anything.

8 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

It's been another grim season month week day for Wednesday fans, but I'm less angry than I normally am ten minutes after we've lost a game.

Probably because I'd accepted we'd lost on 45 minutes mind...

Long term, I really fear for the club, but all of our energy right now has to be focused on remaining in this division, because obviously we are in a relegation fight.

Sadly, the selection of players Jos has available to him have to be on the top of their game to give us a chance of picking up points. We did that against Pigs, Cardiff and Boro and got good points, and we did that against Derby and deservedly got three points.

When this set of players are below par however, we're going to struggle, and there's no better example of that than today's game. The players simply aren't good enough to play badly and get results - especially against the top teams.

If the players can replicate their work rate vs Pigs and quality vs Derby, then we give ourselves a good chance of winning games.

Unfortunately, football isn't played on paper, and you have to take into account the workload currently being piled onto players who a long way short of the fitness levels demanded at this level. Jos is having to ration his players, and we're subsequently struggling.

Jos is getting a bit of a kicking at the minute, and I do share concerns that many have (playing without a striker at Millwall lost us the game, and continuing to play out from the back when we're low in confidence and have Nuhiu to aim for is baffling), but I think we have to be more understanding of the job he has on right now.

Our injury problems are well documented, and those left - many of whom are barely good enough for this level - are having to playing twice a week when they haven't played in months.

The positives have been pointed out already - there are (somehow) seven teams below us, and we do have a seven point cushion.

I think we'll finish in the bottom six, but even as a pessimist I'm not yet predicting us to go down. Obviously anything less than two points from our next two games might change that opinion.

It's the long term future of our club that really scares me - I've got no confidence in Chansiri's chairmanship whatsoever, and if he does decide he's had enough then his scattergun approach to getting into the PL over the last three years will mean a buyer having to pay north of £150m, which isn't going to happen. THAT is what Wednesday fans should be alarmed over.

In the short term (til the end of the season), I think we'll be alright.

That’s a very good post and one of your better ones. I fully agree!

Guest Theboylangers

Good post Kivo.

One thing you are absolutely correct about is we need a minimum of 2 points from the next 2 games. Otherwise, we are in serious trouble.