The fans who travelled today

Should all have their tickets paid for by the club.

Utter disgrace this club at the moment. I just don't know why anyone is bothering to go to away matches right now especially considering the price of tickets and the conditions with the weather etc. These fans deserve medals for what they are doing right now.

Far better fans than me that's for sure. No chance in hell I'd be doing what they are right now.

Edited by poite

8 minutes ago, poite said:

Utter disgrace this club at the moment. I just don't know why anyone is bothering to go to away matches right now especially considering the price of tickets and the conditions with the weather etc. These fans deserve medals for what they are doing right now.

Far better fans than me that's for sure. No chance in hell I'd be doing what they are right now.

Its every away game lately,dread to think how much Millwall, Swansea, Bristol as cost

16 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

The only one I will be going to now is Sunderland, only because I've not been to SOL (went to Roker)

Should be a nice day out, only team whose fans I've heard scrapping more with themselves than we do are Sunderland. WTF:

Probably get a better atmosphere if both sets of fans agree to swap for the day.  lol

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Like 1

The “refund fans” argument does get banded around too much and it shouldn’t as you pay money to watch your team knowing there’s absolutely no guarantees.

But the fact that those people (when many like me have just become apathetic) still bothered to cross to the other side of the country in the worst travel conditions for years and get served up a performance that takes the absolute wee wee, makes me agree with the OP. It should come out of the players’ pockets.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, PeteG_1984 said:

The “refund fans” argument does get banded around too much and it shouldn’t as you pay money to watch your team knowing there’s absolutely no guarantees.

But the fact that those people (when many like me have just become apathetic) still bothered to cross to the other side of the country in the worst travel conditions for years and get served up a performance that takes the absolute wee wee, makes me agree with the OP. It should come out of the players’ pockets.

But it won't.

They'e happy to take the pay check but not work for it.

Spineless bunch of cretins.

Just got home and have to pay due credit to your fans, fair play for coming this far in good numbers to watch that. You're a credit to your club.

Supposedly 1420 of you made it, I reckon that's probably correct.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ciderup said:

Just got home and have to pay due credit to your fans, fair play for coming this far in good numbers to watch that. You're a credit to your club.

Supposedly 1420 of you made it, I reckon that's probably correct.

There were only 11 that didn't turn up mate..................

• Haha 1

Just now, asteener1867 said:

There were only 11 that didn't turn up mate..................

I can't disagree asteener1867 but I'll keep my thoughts on your performance to myself out of respect. By reading your match day thread, you already know anyway.

We were much more like ourselves today which was unfortunate for you, that's all I will say.

Good luck for the remainder of the season Owls. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, poite said:

Why. The club didn't force them to go. Its the same week in week out for all games. We know what to expect regarding performances so why 'the shock, horrot' watching crap every week. Its the norm now with these performances every game without fail. Your right, I wouldn't be doing what these folks are doing at present. Its bad enough being a season ticket holder but I wasn't one of those demanding a refund, neither should those travelling away to watch the dross every sodding week. 

Staying over in Bristol. Not even mad about the performance it was expected but the players who put the shirt on today are spineless. Didn’t even dare come over to the fans at the end, not even bullen. We are in trouble here 

17 minutes ago, TINKERBELL said:

Best thing about our club is our fans 

'Some' fans I'd say. Fighting in the stands today wasn't exactly pleasant 

Every club has a few Brian the Blade wannabees and we're no different :laugh:

In terms of travelling numbers though you absolutely cannot fault us. 

Guest mkowl
23 minutes ago, DH1995 said:

Some fans were fighting amongst themsens today, a son and dad even had a fight and the son got arrested. Clubs on its ar*e

Sorry that did make me laugh. 

Mum : where is the lad and why have you got a black eye

Guest Bulgaria
32 minutes ago, DH1995 said:

Staying over in Bristol. Not even mad about the performance it was expected but the players who put the shirt on today are spineless. Didn’t even dare come over to the fans at the end, not even bullen. We are in trouble here 

They wanted to come over but it would have meant getting into the penalty area.

Not read the thread as so fizzed off. It was the worst first half I’ve ever seen from a Wednesday side. Unpepared and lack of quality.

if liam Palmer ever pulls on a shirt again then he shouldn’t. Jack stobbs is miles offf the level required and better players on the bench. 

4-0 was pathetic and deserved. It was a disgrace even with 16 out.

2 hours ago, poite said:

The club should also compensate them for their travel costs 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, poite said:

True that by what motivates them , honest question?