Not worthy of the name !

Bleeding ell.

Is goodwill and helping out a fellow fan dead these days?

Tip for the driver should've been all that was required to get anyone back to Sheffield.

Travelling close to 200 miles for a football game shouldn't let you arrive with the stress of not knowing how you'll be getting back.

Glad to hear people got sorted.

Edited by WatfordOwl

Guest Hillsborough Mole
3 hours ago, Lichfield alien said:

Is grandma still owt to do with this outfit?

No

Checked train prices for Bristol yesterday - they were all coming in at £80 plus for the return journey. Given their trains have been cancelled they will all be eligible to claim back the cost of their return jouneys from the train company. So if they pay Wednesdayite the £16 (that all of their passengers have paid) - they's till be at least £24 up.

Wednesdayites trip to Bristol was £27 for members - a full £5 cheaper per passenger than the Inter City Owl - and Wednesdayite have a gentlemans agreement with the club to charge the same as they do for non members. They aren't a charity - they have to make a profit or thy will cease to exist. They run coaches to every away game - and such is their competitive pricing that some run at a loss depending on tickets sold.

I really don't understand the sense of entitlement the OP has. Why should they carry anybody for free that will be getting a refund from the train companies that will more than cover their journey home - and leave them in profit?

Typical Wednesdayite bashing thread. 

13 minutes ago, BC1867 said:

flipping hell Corbyn.  Wednesdayites are fee paying members though aren't they so... pay the fee.

I'm not suggesting Wednesdayite should routinely shell out thousands for every fan with a hard-luck story. But letting some lads take up otherwise-empty seats on a coach to prevent them getting stranded seems more like common sense than charity to me.

Vive la revolution etc :duntmatter:

a few of us became stranded a few years ago against Blackpool we set off walking home when the team coach pulled over and gave the four of us a lift home  and the chairmen as was took us door to door in his roll's Royce 

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

No

Checked train prices for Bristol yesterday - they were all coming in at £80 plus for the return journey. Given their trains have been cancelled they will all be eligible to claim back the cost of their return jouneys from the train company. So if they pay Wednesdayite the £16 (that all of their passengers have paid) - they's till be at least £24 up.

Wednesdayites trip to Bristol was £27 for members - a full £5 cheaper per passenger than the Inter City Owl - and Wednesdayite have a gentlemans agreement with the club to charge the same as they do for non members. They aren't a charity - they have to make a profit or thy will cease to exist. They run coaches to every away game - and such is their competitive pricing that some run at a loss depending on tickets sold.

I really don't understand the sense of entitlement the OP has. Why should they carry anybody for free that will be getting a refund from the train companies that will more than cover their journey home - and leave them in profit?

Typical Wednesdayite bashing thread. 

Absolutebollox get your facts right re tickets for a start ..... you have to split the journey to get the best deal so no refund from Sheffield to Birmingham and because we had to check our tickets through the barrier at Bristol our outward journey is classed as complete !

Have you ever been to an away game ???

You NEVER leave Wednesdayite’s stranded EVER , if you have room you take them home GRATIS and expect the same if you’re ever in a similar situation.... it’s called camaraderie!

”Wednesdayite” were in a position to provide this assistance in the time honoured manner.... they chose not to !

”Wednesdayite” bashing thread ?

toofuckingright it is !

So Wednesdayite  were running a half full coach ,presumably they did not get a discount for that ? 

Or did the conversation go 

Do you have any room available to get us back 

Yes we do 

Oh Great how much ? 

Er ?   £8.00 each ok ?  

Various scenarios can have arisen all we have got at the moment is a second/ third hand version , with no one commenting from Wednesdayite .......The Bassards :goalie:

37 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Wednesdayite’s stranded , room on your coach, I know let’s exploit the situation!

Many thanks to Wardy’s coach from The Rawson and the Jubilee coach who between them have made room for everyone who was stranded , for the price of a decent tip to the driver....... except of course for the stranded father and son combo along with one or two others who’ve paid £16 each on UnWednesdayite !

100% this

Absolutely staggering the lack of charity from some so called owls fans.

WAWAW, don’t make me laugh

2 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

So Wednesdayite  were running a half full coach ,presumably they did not get a discount for that ? 

Or did the conversation go 

Do you have any room available to get us back 

Yes we do 

Oh Great how much ? 

Er ?   £8.00 each ok ?  

Various scenarios can have arisen all we have got at the moment is a second/ third hand version , with no one commenting from Wednesdayite .......The Bassards :goalie:

£16 each ............

And “UnWednesdayite” not refuting the claims gives you all the information you need !

Guest Hillsborough Mole
19 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

Absolutebollox get your facts right re tickets for a start ..... you have to split the journey to get the best deal so no refund from Sheffield to Birmingham and because we had to check our tickets through the barrier at Bristol our outward journey is classed as complete !

Thats why I said you could claim the cost of your return journey. Do try to keep up

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Thats why I said you could claim the cost of your return journey. Do try to keep up

Sincere apologies for my ignorance !

so you’re  quite happy with “UnWednesdayite’s” actions today ?

19 minutes ago, Greengrass said:

No Wednesday fan gets left behind, there are certain rules.

I have loads of times (along with mates) , once at Southend in the 70's, once at Sunderland, once at West Ham and prob some I have forgot about....Oh, yep against C palace in a cup replay yonks ago at villa park (we got pulled on a coach after in the car park...cos we were getting the shyte kicked out of us by some palarce fans God Bless the Forty Foot)....

i digress...

Never ever did it enter our heads to scrounge a lift home ever, we knew what we we doing....even at Exeter on a foookin freezing Tuesday night, we knew we would have probs getting home. Never ever did we seek charity ever.

That is how it was and as far as i'm concerned if you can't swim, don't jump in the foookin swimming pool.

9 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I have loads of times (along with mates) , once at Southend in the 70's, once at Sunderland, once at West Ham and prob some I have forgot about....Oh, yep against C palace in a cup replay yonks ago at villa park (we got pulled on a coach after in the car park...cos we were getting the shyte kicked out of us by some palarce fans God Bless the Forty Foot)....

i digress...

Never ever did it enter our heads to scrounge a lift home ever, we knew what we we doing....even at Exeter on a foookin freezing Tuesday night, we knew we would have probs getting home. Never ever did we seek charity ever.

That is how it was and as far as i'm concerned if you can't swim, don't jump in the foookin swimming pool.

You’re the same age group as us then !

but you quite clearly haven’t got afuckinclue what you’re talking about !

seeking charity ???

Balloon !!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

i digress...

At an away game

Freezing cold
Trains cancelled

Fan and his little kid comes up and says they're stranded

You've got a half full coach

I'd say 'jump on mate you're one of us'

There'd be absolutely no hesitation, thought or investigation needed on anything as it's totally irrelevant

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

At an away game

Freezing cold
Trains cancelled

Fan and his little kid comes up and says they're stranded

You've got a half full coach

I'd say 'jump on mate you're one of us'

There'd be absolutely no hesitation, thought or investigation needed on anything as it's totally irrelevant

Absolutely. Then as they are about to get off, ask for a twenty.

1 hour ago, trevdi9 said:

a few of us became stranded a few years ago against Blackpool we set off walking home when the team coach pulled over and gave the four of us a lift home  and the chairmen as was took us door to door in his roll's Royce 

If that happened these days you could have a lift home in a Rolls Royce from the reseve goalkeeper.

• Haha 2