Not worthy of the name !

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Bristol City are you listening. When the Government agencies issue an edict saying it is not safe to travel, it is not offering dispensation for football clubs to over ride their advice.

The advice is free and is aimed making life generally easier by enabling emergency vehicles to get around unhindered.

Football authorities debated on Thursday the possibility of a blanket cancellation of fixtures, once again with their heads up their arses, they made the wrong call !

Shame on them !  

Bob on Nev.

Guest Jack the Hat
31 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Seems reasonable to me

Why should someone get free travel home when others have paid cash monies

You lot would never make top businessmen 

:carlos:

Who are you ? Montgomery Burns? I've run my own business for 10 years and there are times when extenuating circumstances come into play, especially when the safety of people and in particular where kids are involved. And anyway, as far as running a business goes how has this panned out for wedbesdayite. They are getting no money (undoubtedly the fans would have been so grateful they'd have chipped in a few quid for the driver ) AND they have had their rep torn to bits in OT. Glad your not running my business.

2 minutes ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Bristol City are you listening. When the Government agencies issue an edict saying it is not safe to travel, it is not offering dispensation for football clubs to over ride their advice.

The advice is free and is aimed making life generally easier by enabling emergency vehicles to get around unhindered.

Football authorities debated on Thursday the possibility of a blanket cancellation of fixtures, once again with their heads up their arses, they made the wrong call !

Shame on them !  

This is exactly the issue, in that too many people thing they're been brave, funny or hard by going against this kind of grain - yet, as a country and whenever it experiences wide geographical inclement weather, (whether once in a blue moon or not) if people just used their brain cells, then the country or counties would return to normal much quicker, for the benefit of ALL to carry on going about their business.

As it is, some people are hell bent on sticking their common sense brain cells in the road salt, to satisfy their own end only... including football authorities and locals alike!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bulgaria said:

16 quid is disgraceful. It should be at least 20.

Exactly mate, if you want competitive coaches to rival the best in the league that break down all the time cos they’ve not been serviced properly then you gotta pay up...if you actually love the club that is. :carlos:

But on a serious note well done to everyone offering financial aid to those in need, WAWAW.

Guest Bulgaria

Casbahowl can't thumb a hitch hike as it's too sore from all that negging.

Only messing casbah.

Hope you get home safe.

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Just arrived at Bristol Temple Meads to be told no trains back to Sheffield after game.

Wednesdayite with his 11 year old son phoned his mate who's traveling on a half full Wednesdayite coach to ask if any spare room for the return journey?

Reply came back saying any stranded owls fans can travel back with them at a charge of £16 !

Luckily we’ve all been offered lifts back on independent coaches for no charge !

Wednesdayite ?

Not worthy of the name !!!

That is disgusting. Wednesdayite should be ashamed of themselves. 

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really mate

Half empty coach
Not going to make any more money on the way back
Owls fans stranded
Charging them to get home?

Come on - that's dirty

Today of all days

@casbahowl - tell them to jump on and get Wednesdayite to invoice Owlstalk - I'll pay it to get them home safely

I will happily chip too Neil . 

1 hour ago, casbahowl said:

Just arrived at Bristol Temple Meads to be told no trains back to Sheffield after game.

Wednesdayite with his 11 year old son phoned his mate who's traveling on a half full Wednesdayite coach to ask if any spare room for the return journey?

Reply came back saying any stranded owls fans can travel back with them at a charge of £16 !

Luckily we’ve all been offered lifts back on independent coaches for no charge !

Wednesdayite ?

Not worthy of the name !!!

I would pay £100 to come home now, seems cheap to me

The prob is, a lot of people expect others to get them out of the shyte because of their own reckless behavior...its the world we live in.

Sometimes you have got to put your hand up and think fooookin ell I dropped a bolllock there, and pay up 

It's the sort of thing most people grow out of at 25, others never do.

Just now, sherlyegg said:

The prob is, a lot of people expect others to get them out of the shyte because of their own reckless behavior...its the world we live in.

Sometimes you have got to put your hand up and think fooookin ell I dropped a bolllock there, and pay up 

I don't want to even think about that

I just want to get the Owls fans home safely

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

They’ve gone to a football match and want to get home, what the f@cking hell are you talking about. 

Remember Niall Quinn paying for taxis when fans were thrown off an EasyJet flight he was on for chanting his name.

Katrien Meire should get this sorted. It would be a total PR success for a very nominal cost.