Not worthy of the name !

1 minute ago, Lichfield alien said:

Is grandma still owt to do with this outfit?

FFS.

Let’s concentrate on the facts, people need to get home, the coach can get some home, and Wednesdayite would be happy to help.

The End.

4 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Seems reasonable to me

Why should someone get free travel home when others have paid cash monies

You lot would never make top businessmen 

:carlos:

Are they a profit-run organisation?

Might get more future fan interest and involvement if they showed goodwill instead.

As a Wednesdayite member purely for the car park permit I find it an appaling attitude towards fellow Owls who've made the long journey in inclement weather to support our club.

They'll be coming cap in hand next season when the car park is no longer available & they don't have enough members to fill a Reliant Robin to away matches.

18 minutes ago, cazzaswfc said:

Have 3 lads that maybe stuck.

Is that ALL trains from bristol?  Think they were planning going back via Reading/London

Assume still no trains between Bristol and Birmingham.  Looks like a few still scheduled to Reading/London at 6pm and 7pm although some others are cancelled as well.

29 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really mate

Half empty coach
Not going to make any more money on the way back
Owls fans stranded
Charging them to get home?

Come on - that's dirty

Today of all days

@casbahowl - tell them to jump on and get Wednesdayite to invoice Owlstalk - I'll pay it to get them home safely

Wow!

What a gesture! THAT’S where we excell. And that’s the definition of WAWAW. 

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Not really mate

Half empty coach
Not going to make any more money on the way back
Owls fans stranded
Charging them to get home?

Come on - that's dirty

Today of all days

@casbahowl - tell them to jump on and get Wednesdayite to invoice Owlstalk - I'll pay it to get them home safely

£16, for 2 people stranded hundreds of miles away in this weather. Chuff me I’d bung anyone more than that in petrol money if they could get me and kid back home safely.

24 minutes ago, Stoop said:

Seems reasonable to me

Why should someone get free travel home when others have paid cash monies

You lot would never make top businessmen 

:carlos:

They had set off to the game knowing their travel plans and paid / had the right cash and time schedule all set accordingly. If you are stranded, when shafted by the route of travel providers, all of that has gone out of the window and hence community spirit should kick in. 

If you saw a Wednesdayite at the side of the road or stranded, would you just drive on by or  would you stop - ask them where they're heading and then if the same destination as you - ask up front for juice before you give them the nod.

Also, most human beings who are caught out in the above type of scenario's would likely offer to lump in with something towards juice / their fare anyway.

Wednesdayite have put the cart before the horse on this way and is indefensible, end of!

P.S. Business is not made by making your potential clients feel morally fleeced either.

• Like 1

Bristol City are you listening. When the Government agencies issue an edict saying it is not safe to travel, it is not offering dispensation for football clubs to over ride their advice.

The advice is free and is aimed making life generally easier by enabling emergency vehicles to get around unhindered.

Football authorities debated on Thursday the possibility of a blanket cancellation of fixtures, once again with their heads up their arses, they made the wrong call !

Shame on them !  

• Thanks 1