Not worthy of the name !

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Little bit more clarification from Paul at Wednesdayite who's now read what amounts to a quite pathetic attack on them

'Just read it .

No one came to the coach after the game , we got a request on the way down for two on coach b who were more than happy to pay £16 each 
A friend of Cath asked if we could come back and drop him in town ,he's on Jeff's coach 
Jeff got a call during the game and when he told them it would be £16 he said " I though you would take us back for nowt as we have already paid for the train so fizz that we'll sort something else out and put the phone down
If anyone had come to the coaches after the game we would not have left anyone stranded but no one did .'

As Paul says, and I agree, all of this is a waste of time as the usual Owlstalk keyboard warriors who don't attend games are impossible to reason with.

I'll leave you to it now the facts are out there

57 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

At an away game

Freezing cold
Trains cancelled

Fan and his little kid comes up and says they're stranded

You've got a half full coach

I'd say 'jump on mate you're one of us'

There'd be absolutely no hesitation, thought or investigation needed on anything as it's totally irrelevant

Agree-but this sort of PR is gold dust to bluntsmad and will no doubt end up as a topic for discussion on radio pig.

5 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Bristol City are you listening. When the Government agencies issue an edict saying it is not safe to travel, it is not offering dispensation for football clubs to over ride their advice.

The advice is free and is aimed making life generally easier by enabling emergency vehicles to get around unhindered.

Football authorities debated on Thursday the possibility of a blanket cancellation of fixtures, once again with their heads up their arses, they made the wrong call !

Shame on them !  

As per the form book, the football fan is at the bottom of the pile.

9 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Little bit more clarification from Paul at Wednesdayite who's now read what amounts to a quite pathetic attack on them

'Just read it .

No one came to the coach after the game , we got a request on the way down for two on coach b who were more than happy to pay £16 each 
A friend of Cath asked if we could come back and drop him in town ,he's on Jeff's coach 
Jeff got a call during the game and when he told them it would be £16 he said " I though you would take us back for nowt as we have already paid for the train so fizz that we'll sort something else out and put the phone down
If anyone had come to the coaches after the game we would not have left anyone stranded but no one did .'

As Paul says, and I agree, all of this is a waste of time as the usual Owlstalk keyboard warriors who don't attend games are impossible to reason with.

Ignoring the fact that the main person arguing the point was at the match and got a lift, gratis with someone who didn't think to ask for £16 first. But hey, that's the kind of attitude that has endeared Wednesdayite to so many fans.

Edited by Guest

I'm no great fan of Wednesdayite, but surely if you were stuck in Bristol, with hundreds of others, you would just be thankful for a lift, even for the price of a few pints, and less than what others on the same coach had paid. 

Otherwise everyone would just get single train tickets, and book the free table seats on the Pride of the Road Exec coach with toilet, finger buffet and vintage animal pron on the VHS for the way back. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

'Just read it .

They shouldnt have tried to make money out of fellow wednesday fans misfortune in the first place. 

Wednesdayite disgust me. Ive never had any time for them 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

'Just read it .

But this is the whole point!

A dad and his eleven year old lad were panicking when he was informed of no return trains .  A call to his friend on the Wednesdayite coach resulted in a quote of £16 each for a return trip ........... other, independent buses offered the places GRATIS !!!

Wednesdayite could and should have done much better

Fans were stuck in Bristol after trains home were cancelled

Wednesday could have helped in this situation

Instead they find it better to call people keyboard warriors when the issue is discussed

PR gaffe but all of this is a waste of time as the usual Wednesdayite people who don't use Owlstalk are impossible to reason with.

Owlstalk Shop

To be fair, the 6:30 train ran, I know none were to know this earlier and many were panicking.

I doubt anyone who gambled on trains running were stuck.

Would anyone on coaches actually left people if the turned round and said they were stuck or that they didn't have much cash left?

13 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

'Just read it .

I believe Wednesdayite  run coaches to every away game with VOLUNTEERS stewarding the coaches , any money that is made after costs goes back into the club and charity which is the same with the car park they run . 

As above they wouldn't have left anyone behind if there was room , but second or third hand rantings are gospel to some people .