Not worthy of the name !

2 hours ago, steveger said:

If they can afford to go to away games hundreds of miles away I'm sure they could manage £16 to get home....

even if it does mean having 3 pints less...

After going all that way to watch that I don't think anyone should have the the lack of thought for them to such an extent that they deprive them of 3 much needed pints.  

22 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

At an away game

Freezing cold
Trains cancelled

Fan and his little kid comes up and says they're stranded

You've got a half full coach

I'd say 'jump on mate you're one of us'

There'd be absolutely no hesitation, thought or investigation needed on anything as it's totally irrelevant

Yep so would I

Guest Hillsborough Mole

Funny how 'facts' get lost in the rush to have an unwarranted bash

2 coaches travelling today - one with 46 passengers the other with 54. Must be f*****g big coaches for either of them to be 'half empty'

And the 'stranded' passengers insisted on travelling on the one with 54 passengers (who had all paid to travel)

28 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

You’re the same age group as us then !

but you quite clearly haven’t got afuckinclue what you’re talking about !

seeking charity ???

Balloon !!!

Wow wotawanker

They moaned about having to pay 16 foookinquid to get home

2 hours ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

No

Checked train prices for Bristol yesterday - they were all coming in at £80 plus for the return journey. Given their trains have been cancelled they will all be eligible to claim back the cost of their return jouneys from the train company. So if they pay Wednesdayite the £16 (that all of their passengers have paid) - they's till be at least £24 up.

Wednesdayites trip to Bristol was £27 for members - a full £5 cheaper per passenger than the Inter City Owl - and Wednesdayite have a gentlemans agreement with the club to charge the same as they do for non members. They aren't a charity - they have to make a profit or thy will cease to exist. They run coaches to every away game - and such is their competitive pricing that some run at a loss depending on tickets sold.

I really don't understand the sense of entitlement the OP has. Why should they carry anybody for free that will be getting a refund from the train companies that will more than cover their journey home - and leave them in profit?

Typical Wednesdayite bashing thread. 

Pretty sure the coaches from Rawson and Jubilee aren't part of a charity either. Difference is they appeared to have put the safety of their fellow fans as priority over making a bit of extra cash out of the situation. I am sure some of those that have benefited from this will bear this in mind in the future. Good for the reputation of those involved, unlike Wednesdayite in this instance. 

2 hours ago, casbahowl said:

Wednesdayite’s stranded , room on your coach, I know let’s exploit the situation!

Many thanks to Wardy’s coach from The Rawson and the Jubilee coach who between them have made room for everyone who was stranded , for the price of a decent tip to the driver....... except of course for the stranded father and son combo along with one or two others who’ve paid £16 each on UnWednesdayite !

This was clearly a one-off type of incident, good to hear that there is still some genuine camaraderie and goodwill out there. Safe journey home to all that made the trip.

4 minutes ago, Hillsborough Mole said:

Funny how 'facts' get lost in the rush to have an unwarranted bash

2 coaches travelling today - one with 46 passengers the other with 54. Must be f*****g big coaches for either of them to be 'half empty'

And the 'stranded' passengers insisted on travelling on the one with 54 passengers (who had all paid to travel)

At least 14 passengers committed suicide at half-time so the numbers quoted here are clearly not true.

Back in the day a good mate er mine got locked up at highfield rd..cov cops let him out at 7pm..along with another wednesday fan who's bus was waiting for him..think they wer from mosbro..deffo over that way..they didnt only give him a lift home they dropped him off at black bull in Ecclesfield..and didn't ask for a dime..that's wot being wednesday is all about 

2 minutes ago, Lichfield alien said:

Back in the day a good mate er mine got locked up at highfield rd..cov cops let him out at 7pm..along with another wednesday fan who's bus was waiting for him..think they wer from mosbro..deffo over that way..they didnt only give him a lift home they dropped him off at black bull in Ecclesfield..and didn't ask for a dime..that's wot being wednesday is all about 

I guess he had paid his fare then?

BTW it was the Mill and there was 8 of us

2 hours ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Wednesdayite isn't some profit-oriented global conglomerate - it's an organisation that's supposed to act in the aid of Wednesdayites. The clue is in the name.

:picnic: