Is the match on? Here’s the info

54 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

It's not that 

It's that they know we have the first team out, are playing Under23's and are in shocking form

They need the three points and are desperate to play this game right now whilst we're in such vulnerable state

They're not in great form and I think we will get at least a point, assuming it gets played.

I'm a cynic and I believe that money talks.

14 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Going against Police advice is actually disgusting.

Bristol City should be ashamed and docked points for being so selfish.

Hardly agree with anything that Mr Farrell usually says on here but this is bang on.

BC are obviously trying to play on the fact we're severely short staffed and are looking for an easy three points

at the expense of supporter safety - disgusting.

Everyone who's going down there today, have a safe journey.

1 minute ago, morley said:

They're not in great form and I think we will get at least a point, assuming it gets played.

I'm a cynic and I believe that money talks.

it would make them MORE money if they called it off mate

They'd sell more tickets in between 

Owlstalk Shop

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

it would make them MORE money if they called it off mate

They'd sell more tickets in between 

Nah, they're expecting a big crowd today to the extent that they have opened seating areas that they don't usually use.

The walk up, for a Tuesday night will be far less than it is for today, not to mention the costs of programmes, catering, corporate sales etc for today.

I'm sticking with money talks and points for us today 

• Thanks 1

With road and rail conditions as they are, the Councils have enough work on keeping the roads clear for emergency services. I realise that , if anyone is crazy enough to want to travel, please remember ONE thing If you get stranded, you are not only putting your own lives at risk, but also someone not as elfish as to want to travel in conditions such as we have 

To all sensible Wednesdayites - please STAY AT HOME 

I'm certainly not going to risk travelling into Buxton, barely a couple of miles away. 

I don't see what Bristol have done wrong ,there ground is fit to play ......they are then in the hands of the local police who though advising people not to travel seem happy to have the game played which makes no sense at all . ...maybe hoping for  a nice easy day  with only half the expected turn out from both sets of fans 

22 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

With road and rail conditions as they are, the Councils have enough work on keeping the roads clear for emergency services. I realise that , if anyone is crazy enough to want to travel, please remember ONE thing If you get stranded, you are not only putting your own lives at risk, but also someone not as elfish as to want to travel in conditions such as we have 

To all sensible Wednesdayites - please STAY AT HOME 

I'm certainly not going to risk travelling into Buxton, barely a couple of miles away. 

I'm not travelling but fare play to Wednesday fans who have and I'm actually regretting not going now.

Only selfish people are BCFC who didn't simply call the game off yesterday morning when nobody would have complained.

1 hour ago, Greengrass said:

Avon & Somerset police have advised people not to travel.......there's the clue

If they are anything like South Yorkshire Police, well ok point scoring on this matter isn't really good but quite simply they will want the quiet life with a 50% reduction in fans attending.