Bristol City 4 : 0 Sheffield Wednesday OMDT

Just now, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It looks like we're going to have to be patient with Clare: after his impressive performance against Villa he looks completely lost so far today. He just keeps running into trouble and giving it away every time he has the ball.

Not unusual for a young lad, though.

Got him targeted for some tight marking, and rightly so.

He's going to have to work to create space for himself.

why the hell are we trying to play out of defence from the goalie  get the fecker up the pitch  we are under pressure straight away we can't pass accurately enough and being pressed out of it  have been doing this last 3 matches 

Barring the odd brainfart where one player every four or five games just walks through a handful of defenders, we're actually still reasonably good at getting bodies behind the ball even with the patched-up squad. It's the total lack of composure in possession that's really worrying me - it's gone on for long enough now that it's not just a 'phase', we're simply not firing as a team when we've got the ball.

I still see lack of movement ahead of the ball carrier as our single biggest issue. There simply isn't enough of it, and it isn't good enough. Lost count of how many times this season I've seen Reach advancing in possession, looking up and almost physically gesturing for someone to make themselves available. Meanwhile the couple of players ahead of him are almost static, basically jinking around on the spot. We end up playing it ahead of them to run on to but we just don't have the pace for that approach. Without Bannan pulling strings it's like nobody else knows where to move to.

It's useless and really frustrating. Hooper is also such a huge miss in that regard - one of our very few players who knows how to drop deep as part of playing forward. Everyone else who drops deep really struggles with their back to goal, barring perhaps Atdhe who can retain possession well but seldom finds anyone ahead of him to play in.

Edited by Mr. Tom

The injury excuse is wearing thin now for me. I know it’s a terrible situation but surely these so called professional football players should be able to pass the sodding ball to each other. I want to see energy, passion, the desire to run through brick walls for the club, you don’t have to be the best quality of player to do that. 

Wow there are some poo players in a Wednesday shirt today. Duno how people can blame the manager, there are at least 4 lads out there that wouldn't shine much in league 2. 

We need lees, hooper, Fessi and Bannan back asap.

As for the poo playing today, get rid of 90% of them. They have proven how poo they are. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

I think I'd rather us just keep hoofing into their box and hope for a fluke.

We can't play football.

Wimbledon won an FA Cup doing that.

It get's a big ten from Len.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, adifferentgame said:

Got him targeted for some tight marking, and rightly so.

He's going to have to work to create space for himself.

Yeah, it looks like they've worked out how to stop us creative anything so far.

It will be interesting to see if Clare can work himself into things as the game develops.