Jon Newsome - "Only the players and staff will know what the truth is"

profile.png

Former Sheffield Wednesday player Jon Newsome has published his thoughts ahead of the Bristol City game and after the loss to Swansea in the FA Cup..

After not only the result but also the positive performance against Derby County a couple of weeks ago I had some real optimism that we may have turned a bit of a corner and if we could string a few decent results together we could possibly have a decent run in to the end of the season.

Taking into consideration the games since that Derby County match we have lost two league games and gone out of the FA Cup to what I would class as a very average Swansea side...

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/lack-of-consistency-is-causing-a-real-concern-jon-newsome-s-sheffield-wednesday-column-1-9044699

Owlstalk Shop

A good pre-season is vital for any player, even more so back in my day as the players are monitored far more now than back then. There were players turning up well overweight and the six or seven weeks was used to get you to peak fitness. That’s what makes me so surprised about this lack of fitness issue. We are constantly told that players are fitter now than they have ever been. Only the players and staff will know what the truth is but I felt it was a telling sign when some of the players brought it up after Luhukay had taken over.

Owlstalk Shop

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

They've photoshopped that.

Only yesterday I saw the same un-treated photo and that ravaged boozers nose that comes with following this club in all it's glory.

So that's the second mug I've seen on here with 10% off today.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, OxonOwl said:

Yep. Consistency is missing.

Welcome to Sheffield Wednesday . Ive been following wednesday for over 45 years ,and its what we do best.