Jump to content

Any armed forces/sericemen on here?


Recommended Posts

14 minutes ago, steveger said:

and it's rude why mate ? it was banter after today's depressing news with our beloved club...

 

I'm a huge supporter our our underappreciated and brave servicemen and women both in the past and the present, my younger brother was in the "duke of boots" , my uncle was in the KOSB's, I have attended numerous events over the years simply just to show my support and applaud these brave and loyal people.

 

I'm sorry if i have offended you though

 

 

I understand that but I just think there’s a time and place and that wasn’t it imo...I have ultimate respect for the armed forces and I just found it a little degrading. I just didn’t think the question needed anything other than serious answers.

 

like I said I usually agree with 99% of your posts and we have similar views and I will probably do so in the future...no harm done.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, steveger said:

 

Nice one, our servicemen and women should be appreciated and rewarded for serving our crown and country with a few discounts and perks being some ways to reward them to start with....

Cheers! We appreciate the hard working public who (like us) graft to pay taxes. 

Is rewarding and diverse-had lads out all night around Lincolnshire helping elderly people to hospital last night. Worked on a bit of self help on base today insulating some dog kennels. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

 

Shame you didnt' get the married quarters and then sublet it to some newbie who's just signed up

 

lol


Win Win ££££££ Prrrrrrrofits!

This is the armed forces not pitsmoor! Shot at dawn for crimes like that. lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a serving Chief Petty Officer in the Royal Navy, coming up to my 21st year. I’ve been fortunate to have seen the world, all seven continents during my time and loved every minute (remember the good times and forget the bad). In my earlier years it was sometimes a bit of pain keeping up to date (weeks at sea between ports) but getting a mail drop was always fun reading up on 4 weeks worth of news. Much easier now with internet available at sea, unless the current situation doesn’t allow us access. Served with quite a few other Wednesday fans too

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pompeyowl said:

 

 

I’m an ex Stoker also. Both parents in the mob in the 80s, where they met. 

 

What ships did you serve on?

Londonderry and Birmingham

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OwlsPilgrim said:

I’m a serving Chief Petty Officer in the Royal Navy, coming up to my 21st year. I’ve been fortunate to have seen the world, all seven continents during my time and loved every minute (remember the good times and forget the bad). In my earlier years it was sometimes a bit of pain keeping up to date (weeks at sea between ports) but getting a mail drop was always fun reading up on 4 weeks worth of news. Much easier now with internet available at sea, unless the current situation doesn’t allow us access. Served with quite a few other Wednesday fans too

Man in every port? lol

  • Haha 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OwlsPilgrim said:

I’m a serving Chief Petty Officer in the Royal Navy, coming up to my 21st year. I’ve been fortunate to have seen the world, all seven continents during my time and loved every minute (remember the good times and forget the bad). In my earlier years it was sometimes a bit of pain keeping up to date (weeks at sea between ports) but getting a mail drop was always fun reading up on 4 weeks worth of news. Much easier now with internet available at sea, unless the current situation doesn’t allow us access. Served with quite a few other Wednesday fans too

Born in Carlisle but raised in the Royal Navy ?

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

 

I understand that but I just think there’s a time and place and that wasn’t it imo...I have ultimate respect for the armed forces and I just found it a little degrading. I just didn’t think the question needed anything other than serious answers.

 

like I said I usually agree with 99% of your posts and we have similar views and I will probably do so in the future...no harm done.

 

 

 

 

No probs mate

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, steveger said:

I was in the scouts,

 

sorry, not quite what you are looking for , no ?

 

I'll get my coat and wellies

 

28 minutes ago, steveger said:

and it's rude why mate ? it was banter after today's depressing news with our beloved club...

 

I'm a huge supporter our our underappreciated and brave servicemen and women both in the past and the present, my younger brother was in the "duke of boots" , my uncle was in the KOSB's, I have attended numerous events over the years simply just to show my support and applaud these brave and loyal people.

 

I'm sorry if i have offended you though

 

Thank you for your service Steve 

Love hugs n snugs Akela xx

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

In a tank Regiment for 15yrs,Commander, Sig op, Gunner,Driver, Drv Mechanic, Driving Instructor, Once took a 6 week course, one of the lads hit the foundations

of a bridge, cost to tank £25,000, cost of bridge repairs 130,000 DM, so we tried not to do it too often, once completely blacked out a village by taking out the electricity

supply,sparks everywhere.

Lots of stories, good times, good friends.

Only ever saw Wednesday when on leave as majority of time spent in Germany, Paderborn was the best place I was posted spent 6 years there, whilst there played at

Hamburg SV stadium against Hamburg BP who were their sponsors at the time in a pre-match to the main event Hamburg V Southampton, in a pre-season friendly which the clubs had agreed to on the sale of Kevin Keegan, met him and Lawrie McMenenemy, and the rest of the team. Good times.

Edited by daleblue
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...