Any armed forces/sericemen on here?

If any of you ex service men/women are after work either now or in the future let me know. My Mrs will be able to help you.

Sorry owlstalk not football  related but could help out a fellow owl. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 years in the senior service, left 2009, wrote to each chairman for discount on season tickets whist I served, but they all refused. 

Year I left the club offered Armed Forces concession season tickets and continue to do so (and rightly so).  I have asked this week if ex-forces on a pension can qualify, a resounding NO! ............used to it though, don't get many things for serving our country.

12 hours ago, Fast Forward said:

No love for armed 'services' and not afraid to say so. You're the people who make war possible. End.

A few people have made comment on the above contribution. 

As an ex squaddie I dint have any problem with this chap posting his opinion. Many of my fellow comrades have paid the ultimate price so he can make them. 

This is what makes serving your country so worth while. 

You can sleep safely in your bed knowing there are men an women out there willing to put their life on the line to maintain your right to disrespect them. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

39 years man and boy, retired in 2011. Dad was a season ticket holder from Donny for donkeys....and I would go with him when home on leave from Germany. Highlights were 66 final (young tears), Rumbelows Final (magic), listened to the 93 FA Cup Final via BBC World Service on a park bench in Turkmenistan (working at Brit Embassy Moscow), and last moment of note was Cardiff where we met Big Ron after the match. Used to the Wednesday ups and downs and always amazed where Owls fans pop up. Wouldn't have changed a thing or my team. WTID

• Like 3
2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

Netheravon? 

Wedgied by a barbed wire fence-first time I have heard that one. Been dragged through a gorse bush in high winds. That wasn’t fun! Mate went through a dry stone wall sideways and another lad I know ended up losing his leg.  He had a bag of washing for a chute when he did a jump in Poland and ended up landing on the runway of a disused airfield we were doing a practice assault on. 

Dangerous business! 

When I was in Cyprus heard a story about a Capt who's chute didn't open, they say his legs were going so fast on landing that he'd have done the 100 meter faster

than Lindford Christie. 

• Haha 1

Served for 18 years so far, out in Grafenwohr at the minute on an exercise, finally found some WiFi in Dunkin Donuts (spare 10 mins) to check in on Owlstalk.

sacked my season ticket off when I joined up, I get to games as and when I’m in the country and available to attend. 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, hatowl said:

RAF Police, 9 years, 1972-1981

did you arrest me in Cyprus circa 79? :tango:

• Haha 1
5 hours ago, BRADDO said:

I did a 3 week parachute jumping course at an Army Air Core base in 1991. I forget the name of the base but I think it was near Amesbury, Salisbury Plain. We did some night drops and one lad landed on top of a barbed wire fence, one leg either side of the barbs. I can still hear his screams now as the wind filled his chute and dragged him along. Poor bugger.

Netheravon or Middle Wallop

7 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

I hated my 3 years down there was good for going to Southampton away and nothing else.

Used to go out to Everleigh, Netherhaven, Burbage, then call into the Chinky on way back. I loved it but was only there for a year.

What year are you talking about, I was there late 70's.

Edited by daleblue
Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
15 hours ago, steveger said:

and it's rude why mate ? it was banter after today's depressing news with our beloved club...

I'm a huge supporter our our underappreciated and brave servicemen and women both in the past and the present, my younger brother was in the "duke of boots" , my uncle was in the KOSB's, I have attended numerous events over the years simply just to show my support and applaud these brave and loyal people.

I'm sorry if i have offended you though

Agree just a bit of banter. Didn't seem at all rude to me though clearly opinions differ.

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Cool thanks mate

I know literally nowt about service life so it's all new to me

you are thinking of joining up aren't you?

are you running away from home?

12 minutes ago, daleblue said:

Used to go out to Everleigh, Netherhaven, Burbage, then call into the Chinky on way back. I loved it but was only there for a year.

What year are you talking about, I was there late 70's.

I was there 2006 - 2009 spent most of my time in Iraq, Canada and Belize though