SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

24 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Getting a bit bored with making this point but with all due respect to the OP the first para is just wrong.  We are not £8.7m from FFP.  We don't know the figure. 

The figure we have to submit for FFP (now P&S) assessment this month include this tax year's (2017-18) figures (or a projection thereof because its not the end of the year yet).

So its not that we are in danger of breaching the 39m limit, we are probably already well over it. Its unlikely that allowed spending not counted for FFP/S&P will bring us anywhere near compliance.

The penalties will be applied this year.

Edited by HarrowbyOwl

7 minutes ago, Pulcinella said:

I'd love to be corrected but where the error in the maths? £9.6m + £20.7m = £30.3m. You are allowed to lose £39m over three seasons - which leaves £8.7m left.

In the following year, the £9.6m drops off, but the £20.7m remains.

Yep.  The point is that not all losess count towards FFP.  The 9.6 + 20.7 are total losses rather than FFP losses.  We don't know for sure what the gap is - though the direction of travel is clear, and the issues are as you say...

2 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

The figure we have to submit for FFP (now P&S) assessment this month include this tax year's (2017-18) figures (or a projection thereof because its not the end of the year yet).

So its not that we are in danger of breaching the 39m limit, we are probably already well over it. Its unlikely that allowed spending not counted for FFP/S&P will bring us anywhere near compliance.

According to the following link, it's up to May 31st 2017:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/huge-wage-bill-helps-double-sheffield-wednesday-s-losses-year-on-year-1-9043589

If by your reading of it, it's even scarier.

21 minutes ago, mkowl said:

So not published yet then where we can analyse where you are vis a vis P & S.

15/16 accounts are available on line on Google, 16/17 accounts are due to be published end of month and the forecast will already be submitted to the FL for 17/18.

19 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Academy is doing pretty well at the moment is it not? That's already championship started, no point upgrading it further when we dont even use them kids anyway (or that was the plan).

Training ground again if say the same. Especially when chansiri will move us to a fancy new complex when/if we go up. What's point in investment in the case?

Is this the same training ground that the current manager has said they've got limited use out of and numerous people over the last 12 months has said has contributed to our injury scenario?

I've always found it somewhat suspect that around two years ago there was talk of us buying Niagara and expanding what is a very small training area into one that would be suitable for the Championship/ lower Premier League quality. Then the talk quietly subsided with no real conclusion as to why it had. Two years later and still nothing. I think Chansiri has invested in the training ground somewhat, but the level of investment has been far lower than a lot of the early talk was suggesting it would be. These things take time, but it's something that's always been a little suspect to me.

Also... if you want to be a Premier League club, you have to have a Premier League setup to get there. There's no point in getting promotion and then going in a mad rush to make yourself suitable to stay up there... why not invest in the stuff like this early on to make sure you're prepared for staying up there? Just think what sort of nick our training ground would be in if we hadn't invested in the likes of Abdi and Emanuelson and McGugan? The cost of those 3 alone would have been enough to get the place pristine. 

21 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I haven't a clue you'd hope  (well we'd hope ) they have thought this through and spent quite a few million on the stuff

as i said is doyen a charity? that would solve a prob methinks

Well you've a quarter of JR transfer fee to add in plus his wages, George Boyds wages and a couple of other new players. You've only got really McGugan going out as a high earner. You made zero profit on player transfers, your attendances are down and you'll have no two legged play off semi income.

That's going to have to be some charitable donation to keep you below P&S.

14 minutes ago, HarrowbyOwl said:

Good on you for figuring that out. You're right. Here's the best resource I could find on the matter:

http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/latest-news/-profit-and-sustainability-ffp-tests-in-championship-2016-17

Seems to me that Villa would be in the same boat if they don't go up. Oh I so hope that happens...

2 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Well you've a quarter of JR transfer fee to add in plus his wages, George Boyds wages and a couple of other new players. You've only got really McGugan going out as a high earner. You made zero profit on player transfers, your attendances are down and you'll have no two legged play off semi income.

That's going to have to be some charitable donation to keep you below P&S.

giphy (1).gif

Just now, modboy said:

Our non match day income is our Achilles compared to many other clubs, probably including Sheff utd.

Not to worry, Joe Palmer has come in and he'll sort it right out. Got a good reputation in the game and his record at Shackhtar is solid

Wait...

• Haha 2

Just now, StudentOwl said:

Not to worry, Joe Palmer has come in and he'll sort it right out. Got a good reputation in the game and his record at Shackhtar is solid

Wait...

Another bad decision.

Have we actually made any good ones at all ?

So many people seem to have seen us as a Gravy train.

Any club getting involved with Doyen need their heads examining in my view.

There will have to be a major cull in the summer.

Wouldnt be surprised to see our most saleable assets Bannan, Winnall Forestieri, Westwood & Lee's all flogged. If you look at recent transfers in this division then if we could get 25-30 million into the coffers that would get us back on the right side of FFP, giving Jos some spare cash to work his magic using some sensible signings from Germany & Holland.

If Carlos comes calling for some of his favorites then we need to have his (and Swansea's) trousers down. 

12 minutes ago, bigrbuk said:

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/06233875/filing-history

£8.8m loss running to 30 June 2016 if I'm looking at right thing.

Yep. TBF they included a one off £2.4m commercial deal pay off to Macron which wont be in 16/17's. The £2m rent on ER wont be in this seasons either. 

We'll be well within the limits of P&S.

41 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Not moral high ground mate, these rules are the same for all clubs.

Just can't believe some guys on Twitter posting about things they really haven't got a handle on.

I’m more surprised when there are guys on Twitter posting about things they have got a handle on.

Just now, Mr Farrell said:

Another bad decision.

Have we actually made any good ones at all ?

So many people seem to have seen us as a Gravy train.

Any club getting involved with Doyen need their heads examining in my view.

I won't comment on whether it was a good decision or not

The heavy rumours were that Palmer left because he didn't feel like he could make any decisions and Chansiri was deciding 99% of what was going off in regards to what should have been his job. This is the same Chansiri that has overseen our outgoings snowball to very high levels without any obvious strategy to mitigate them (It remains to be seen what the outcome of that will be and whether things are as bad as the first appear... but upon first looking it doesn't look good). Palmer had a good reputation in the game before coming here. 

How much of Palmer's failings here can be attributed to Chansiri is, I'd imagine, open to interpretation. It will all depend on what you think of Chansiri's record so far and how much credence you give to the rumours that regularly appear on here that he's micromanaging everything. In lieu of hard facts, that'll be up to individual posters. 

1 minute ago, hasthagotanycheese said:

There will have to be a major cull in the summer.

Wouldnt be surprised to see our most saleable assets Bannan, Winnall Forestieri, Westwood & Lee's all flogged. If you look at recent transfers in this division then if we could get 25-30 million into the coffers that would get us back on the right side of FFP, giving Jos some spare cash to work his magic using some sensible signings from Germany & Holland.

If Carlos comes calling for some of his favorites then we need to have his (and Swansea's) trousers down. 

You're kidding. Hugh and the US owners at Swansea wouldn't let Doyen or Carlos anywhere near transfer policy.

That said, they did bid for Fessi before when Guidolin - his ex Udinese manager - was coaching Swans.

Sadly , yes penalties this year but you gotta hope as a new FFP regime they will be a bit lenient. Fine only.