SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

4 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Makes it all the more puzzling for me to understand why your owner refused to sell any players in the January transfer window as these fees and wage bill reductions would have counted towards this periods results and may have averted an embargo or worse.

It is not puzzling when you understand that we have a chairman who turned down a reported £2,000,000 for an 18 year old in August then continued to pay his wages for 6 months whilst refusing to let him train with his peers.

Just now, Geoffrey said:

It is not puzzling when you understand that we have a chairman who turned down a reported £2,000,000 for an 18 year old in August then continued to pay his wages for 6 months whilst refusing to let him train with his peers.

You should have mentioned that before. 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

What really makes me angry is the number of loan signings made that contributed nothing and due to them being loans had no resale value. 

Would love to know how much was spent on those players. 

So frustrating to see us clearly wasting money unnecessarily.

Chuck in the others like Urby who we never played and it just makes you wonder what the hell was going on.

28 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

TBF lots of clubs will be the same. People say well what about Wolves and what they've spent. The difference there is if they didnt go up and went t*ts up they have saleable assets who they would likely make a profit on. We bought nobody like that bar probably Reach 

Fessi hooper winnall prob get a million or 2 for fletch. joao not sure what we paid for him.dont know why some of our fans think our team worthless

4 minutes ago, just visiting said:

First question " would this contravene FFP? "

Answer " Provided they cut back a bit in 2017/18 and 2018/19 they should be Ok"                    WRONG

Makes it all the more puzzling for me to understand why your owner refused to sell any players in the January transfer window as these fees and wage bill reductions would have counted towards this periods results and may have averted an embargo or worse. Someone clearly didn't understand fully the new changes, maybe John Redgate?

it's not necessarily wrong the account projected will be different to these published ones so I understand 

I agree with the last para 

I have no idea if Mr Redgate stood down over this or intends to jump off the bridge  as a good club servant for a few years i suspect he does what he's told 

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

You know it’s a bad day when Leeds fans come on taking the financial moral high ground.

FFS. 

FFS. 

Not moral high ground mate, these rules are the same for all clubs.

Just can't believe some guys on Twitter posting about things they really haven't got a handle on.

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

it's not necessarily wrong the account projected will be different to these published ones so I understand 

I agree with the last para 

I have no idea if Mr Redgate stood down over this or intends to jump off the bridge  as a good club servant for a few years i suspect he does what he's told 

Do you think they'll be less than £13m?

Guest mkowl
3 minutes ago, just visiting said:

We'll be fine. Our current owner is not one for taking millions out of club, like Bates and GFH did.

So not published yet then where we can analyse where you are vis a vis P & S.

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, just visiting said:

Not moral high ground mate, these rules are the same for all clubs.

Just can't believe some guys on Twitter posting about things they really haven't got a handle on.

When has that stopped anyone on social media. 

1 minute ago, just visiting said:

Do you think they'll be less than £13m?

I haven't a clue you'd hope  (well we'd hope ) they have thought this through and spent quite a few million on the stuff

as i said is doyen a charity? that would solve a prob methinks

15 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

Getting a bit bored with making this point but with all due respect to the OP the first para is just wrong.  We are not £8.7m from FFP.  We don't know the figure. 

The strategic choice remains though.  Retrench and rebuild.  Or go for it - again.

The Wolves example is always going to tempt us to think  - yes, but if we gamble this time and do it properly.  That would in my view be a big mistake.  Of course a gamble might work; but there is nothing inevitable about what Wolves have done.

And being in the premier league is not by any means the be all and end all.  Indeed, the problem is that when we do get there we'll have season after season defined by anxiety about whether this is the one where we get relegated.

I'd love to be corrected but where the error in the maths? £9.6m + £20.7m = £30.3m. You are allowed to lose £39m over three seasons - which leaves £8.7m left.

In the following year, the £9.6m drops off, but the £20.7m remains.

19 minutes ago, just visiting said:

Selling players after June 1st 2018 will be irrelevant to this season accounts and won't be included in any submissions to the FL for this periods P&S results.

Makes it all the more puzzling for me to understand why your owner refused to sell any players in the January transfer window as these fees and wage bill reductions would have counted towards this periods results and may have averted an embargo or worse. Someone clearly didn't understand fully the new changes, maybe John Redgate?

Just on this bit, I seem to recall about 20 pages and as many hours ago, someone dug out something that said future player sales COULD be taken into consideration at their discrepancy. I wonder if we could have some future player sale pre-contracts written up and signed somewhere...

2+2 but the Hooper injury is never discussed and Hirst has been allowed back into the squad...

I dont really know alot about ffp but is it really a big deal .has any club actually been punished for breaking the rules