SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

Chansiri put in additional £20m to basically cover the loss

Playing squad valued at c £16m, not sure how realistic that is 

£7.5m in signing on fees / loyalty bonuses due at some stage in the future - assume those players will be the ones we look to offfload 

A bit of a wake up call for those fans thinking we can reduce ticket prices and still operate within FFP.

Before anyone counters with "look at X Club and Y Club", I'd say different clubs and different circumstances. Certain other clubs might generate far more revenue in none match day activities. I'd also hazard a guess that given the age and size of the stadium, the cost of the upkeep of Hillsborough is probably more than at clubs such as Derby County.

We also don't have the luxury of  multi-million pound parachute payments.

The sooner fans wake up to the reality that in order to progress we need to play our part too the better.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

A bit of a wake up call for those fans thinking we can reduce ticket prices and still operate within FFP.

How do other clubs seem to manage ok with it?

With less fans too

Less matchday income, ticket income, shirt sales etc?

Owlstalk Shop

Worth noting the comment in the independent auditors report about the owners intention to indemnify the club's trading for the next 12 months (pay the bills). The next paragraph though states that the Director's (Chansiri and Meire) do not see this as a binding agreement.......

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's an interesting one

Wonder how that's broken down

I think it’s basically the value of the contracts written down over the length of the term

Not sure it accurately reflects what we could sell the players for, just the way they are accounted for in the balance sheet

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

10 years struggling under a debt of £25 million and we’ve effectively racked that up again in 2 seasons lol 

Except rather than owing it to the bank and being owned by a group of people without about £10 to spare, we owe it to the man who owns us and he's got money. 

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

Before anyone counters with "look at X Club and Y Club", I'd say different clubs and different circumstances. Certain other clubs might generate far more revenue in none match day activities. I'd also hazard a guess that given the age and size of the stadium, the cost of the upkeep of Hillsborough is probably more than at clubs such as Derby County.

We also don't have the luxury of  multi-million pound parachute payments.

The sooner fans wake up to the reality that in order to progress we need to play our part too the better.

OR stop signing has-beens on stupid contracts would be a start.

Watching Clare last week was a breath of fresh air and reminded me of what i used to love about SWFC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1