SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

2 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

Yes, and don't have to be a loss - just a projected one (forecast goes to authorities today).

Can you imagine that statement - we need to massively increase revenue. I imagine it will be a mix of forecasting a Roy of the Rovers 40 goal a season local lad find, lucky heather/charms/4-leaf clovers finds, Lee Stafford type projected 30,000 average attendance revenue, projected cup final appearance, new unheard of air line sponsorship deal,

1 hour ago, Wakefield owl said:

Yes but FFP does not concern the auditors when signing off the accounts.

They do have to believe the company is in a position to continue trading so would imagine some consideration of FFP would have to be involved.

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Can someone who knows their stuff and isn't some kind of mad nutter with an agenda give us a basic breakdown of what is in these?

Yeah ........... we are in the poo  

4 minutes ago, steelowl said:

I'n no accountant and still awaiting MK's judgement

but are we saying that we can only lose circa 9m next year before a breach ?

Nope. It means if we've lost (or we're projected to lose) more than 9m this year we're done for.

Clubs have to submit P&S accounts this month for assessment.

This year's P&S assessments will be based on accounts from 2015-16 and 2016-17 and a projection for this year (2017-18) based on figures to date.

Are 2017-18 losses likely to much different from those just published for 2016-17?

Assuming the losses are similar we'd be on course for a 50m loss over three years against an allowed 39m.

1 hour ago, Woodyowl450 said:

Haha glory hunter. Got more chance of some silverware if I was to stand by the canal with one of the magnet things lol 

No ferrous in silver so it's not magnetic.

Just saying lol

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

Wolves are in year 1 so no sweat.

Plus they bought 2 players for £25 million and Arsenal bid £40 million for just one of em recently.

Like Wanderers, maybe we should ask an agent to buy us ,also to showcase their clients.

Doyen anyone? 

No club is in year 1 it's a rolling 3 years.

51 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

well what a surprise?????? ive been saying for 9 months that out wage bill will have gone up massively it was 17 million upto july 1st 2016 now its 26 million ,I said it would be around 25 million its even higher , those figures are scary , we lost over 20 million upto july 1st of last year and over 9 million season before , that means to avoid ffp we need to get the 20 million loss down to 10 million maximum by july  1st 2018 which is totally impossible ,even if we had a fire sale in summer no player leaves our books until july 1st 2018 ,unless we get 10-15 million for forestieri in june and fee is paid totally up front. even if we stay up we will be well over ffp , if we go down we go to the wall ,if that's not true then please tell me how I'm wrong? I told you what our wage bill went upto now its official ,I wish I was massively wrong though as this is very serious guys. 

Yes, well done Sir. I remember the post and remember the stick the likes of you and Just Visiting got from the Smart Alecks on here.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

"If its strikers you want... We've got loads, come down to our physio room, Erm I mean training ground and have a look and if you buy before May we'll throw in another one for free.  Yes for free. "

JS99100298.jpg

Heard that fella is the owner of that company, and also was the compare for Burnley home games. 

Probably untrue on both accounts.