SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

2 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

I'm expecting that the figure for this season would take us way over the FFP limit so am expecting a summer embargo.

I'm not so sure. If say we matched this years accounts' that would take us around £10M over the limit in losses. Our spending hasn't gone up too much in the past year - still wasting money on the same names - but increases could be found in increased season tickets, merchandising and the catering now being our own having paid off that and sondico so less losses to account for there. The non-applicable stuff will also have been maximised in the accounts they submit and the projections so we could scrape by, at least in the submitted projection.

Whilst I agree the losses are likely to take us over in real terms, the projections might be believable enough to stave this off until the accounts are finalised which will mean this time next year.

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

ROB STATON COVERING IT LIVE IN 5 MINS ON RADIO SHEFFIELD FROM 6pm

Thought you wanted to get an opinion from someone who knew what they were talking about! WTF:

5 minutes ago, Shifty Powers said:

Could cry at these accounts.

However, a quick question with any possible consequences.

Is the severity of the punishment the same if you’re 2 million over or 20 million?

At present at is based pro rata on the amount of losses (unless it's changed from last season).

4 minutes ago, Geoffrey said:

And so many said FFP wasn't a problem.

Don't know why this keeps getting pushed or referred to when the club have openly said it will be an issue.

Just now, Shifty Powers said:

So presumably that determines the length of the transfer embargo / fine?

It does the amount of the fine not sure about transfer embargo but guess it would be taken into consideration.

4 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

Are you a corporate accountant, because I'm not. But I do think DC is a canny business man. And he will have a corporate accountant looking after SWFCs affairs. But I do know that corporate accounts rarely give anything away.

Based on what? 

Want to believe this, but I still don't, having never really seen any evidence of it. 

Edited by StudentOwl

22 minutes ago, bradowl said:

An embargo and only owing DC money wouldn't be end of world, get all injured players fully fit, get rid of those that's past sell by date and out of contract and then add some of our talented U23s like Clare and Hirst to squad and we can still go places.

Exactly

personally  I enjoyed the AGMs where you could jeer at the board and shout sit down at hattersley et al

However we therefore aren't owed / entitled a statement from the owner  but I would like one 

This is a potential crisis if not already is and I'd like to know what DC thinks is the way forward out of this mess 

that I acknowledge he created by trying to go for it   but you could say that about a certain chairman who left us in a right pickle after we went for it last 

This is a time for an experienced football head to deal with the  'interesting times' ahead