SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

I think its possible amount reams can lose will be revised upwards following explosion in transfer fees. So may have a little more than £39 million to play with. The losses do not all count think some will be attributed to parts of club which do not count towards FFP. How much its impossoble to say from accounts.

Options are

1.Sell players on and keep new spending to a minimum. Hope we scrape under..

2.Really go for it and hope to gain promotion. In fact promotion would be necessary.

3.Some fancy take over where money is slotted into club as part of this.In other words fancy accounting.

Think we are heading for option 2.

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

Wishful thinking.

Maybe so? But what difference would it make? Only thing that could hurt us now is a points deduction this season and/or a summer embargo. Do you think that will happen? Genuine question as I have no idea.

1 minute ago, bradowl said:

An embargo and only owing DC money wouldn't be end of world, get all injured players fully fit, get rid of those that's past sell by date and out of contract and then add some of our talented U23s like Clare and Hirst to squad and we can still go places.

Clare and Hirst are out of contract in a few weeks.

Do you think clubs will be queuing up to take our overpaid, ageing mercenaries on £30-40k/week?

Can we afford to sack the Portugeuse masseurs and physios?

2 minutes ago, Quist said:

I think its possible amount reams can lose will be revised upwards following explosion in transfer fees. So may have a little more than £39 million to play with. The losses do not all count think some will be attributed to parts of club which do not count towards FFP. How much its impossoble to say from accounts.

Options are

1.Sell players on and keep new spending to a minimum. Hope we scrape under..

2.Really go for it and hope to gain promotion. In fact promotion would be necessary.

3.Some fancy take over where money is slotted into club as part of this.In other words fancy accounting.

Think we are heading for option 2.

That's the impression I have got too, as long as we survive this projection submission which has said to have been due in today.

1 minute ago, Geoffrey said:

Clare and Hirst are out of contract in a few weeks.

Do you think clubs will be queuing up to take our overpaid, ageing mercenaries on £30-40k/week?

Can we afford to sack the Portugeuse masseurs and physios?

What terms do you think they are on? 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Maybe so? But what difference would it make? Only thing that could hurt us now is a points deduction this season and/or a summer embargo. Do you think that will happen? Genuine question as I have no idea.

I'm expecting that the figure for this season would take us way over the FFP limit so am expecting a summer embargo.

1 hour ago, fred mciver said:

DC brought him into it by suggesting that's why he was persuaded to buy Rhodes.

To be honest, I'm more worried about financial integrity of our club.

And fans who pay £49 a pop or £2,750 for 5 year season tickets.

You do realise, at very , very worse we could go under here.

We will not go under.

5 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

Should make DC more willing to release players on big wages rather than not moving them on as they're family. No room for such sentiment in football.

How do you 'release' someone when they're under contract?

Unless the player is willing to leave and (probably) accept a large pay cut then the club are stuck with them.

There may be no money left to offer deals good enough to retain the young players we would like to keep (Clare, Hirst possibly)