SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY - ACCOUNTS AND FFP THREAD

One interesting bit at the bottom of page 28 - massive increase in potential bonuses and singing on fees (from 2.3m to 7.4m) indicates that the club signed a lot of contracts with either promotion clauses or loyalty clauses. Promotion we don't have to worry about, but if any of those loyalty clauses triggered over the course of this season then the accounts could get worse

• Like 1

1 minute ago, e6owl said:

One interesting bit at the bottom of page 28 - massive increase in potential bonuses and singing on fees (from 2.3m to 7.4m) indicates that the club signed a lot of contracts with either promotion clauses or loyalty clauses. Promotion we don't have to worry about, but if any of those loyalty clauses triggered over the course of this season then the accounts could get worse

A lot of "injured" players might prevent this.

2 minutes ago, e6owl said:

hence why we might not be playing certain players?... according to some on here?

1 minute ago, Parrott71 said:

Salaries have gone up from £17m to £26m. That's for the whole club not just players.

I doubt that's affected much by the tea lady's cost of living increase. I think it's safe to say the majority is down to the first team squad.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, owls maniac said:

10 years struggling under a debt of £25 million and we’ve effectively racked that up again in 2 seasons lol 

No mr c has racked them up, and I’m sure he will sort the 

Page 29 also shows that DC's sponsorship brought in £1.4m - I feel that's significantly lower than it could be at other clubs. Hopefully Elev8 are spending big bucks this year on their deal lol

• Haha 2