Butterfield

Guest wilyfox

Form is a fragile thing. His performances at Huddersfield were nothing like we're getting here. A shadow of his former self - and he's only 27/28! Weird how it works out sometimes. 

What does he actually do? 

We've had more than our fair share of nothing midfielders over the years and Butterfield is right at the top of the list. 

He's has been so underwhelming, that when I saw him in the station last week (he was traveling down to Millwall with the rest of the squad and he was first I saw) I was genuinely annoyed that he'd reminded me of his existence. 

I don’t think he was as bad as made out last night. Wouldn’t keep him but I think he’s being singled out and that leads to many of these errors. He’s an honest player even if he isn’t playing well. 

He got a knock early doors at Boro but never stopped closing down. 

Edited by Bluesteel

3 hours ago, clampyowl said:

it makes me sick that my alarm clock goes off at half 6 on a morning, ive got to go and plaster for 8 hours a day and he's a professional footballer for my beloved Sheffield Wednesday, and i am genuinely better at football than him, probably a better plasterer aswel

You should take Butterfly with you and get him plastered !

3 hours ago, HighworthOwl said:

I thought the Winnall / Butterfield was a good bit of business when the deal was done. We had a glut of strikers and Winnall would play himself into form and be either sold (for a big fee) or bought back or his form would dip and we would get rid.

Butterfield on paper was solid midfield cover with championship experience.

Shows what I know... I have form for believing a player would be good who turned out to be s**t I had a shirt with Proudlock on the back! 

He got a good goal at....errr   errr was it Wrexham or Tranmere can't remember now lol

Edited by nevthelodgemoorowl
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Plonk said:

If they announced the team at 10am instead of 2pm, and I saw fox jones and buttercups names I would go Meadowhall with the missus.

You must really hate Jones & Butterfield.....I would rather go & watch United than go to Meadowhell with anybody let alone the missus.