Our sister website Sheffield History

On 01/03/2018 at 19:20, Loxley Owl said:

Yes, and some of the city centre would benefit from another blitz.

On 01/03/2018 at 19:21, @owlstalk said:

Especially that bit near St Marys Gate

Should be easy to target as it's bright red

lol

Hitler tried his best lol

Blitz Lane 2.jpg

Blitz Lane.jpg

38 minutes ago, Jos’s Tache said:

Looks good, just waiting for my membership to be approved.

It is good, brings back memories that's for sure.

It's a bit addictive and can cause a distraction from Owlstalk, but that's not a bad thing sometimes (especially at the minute) :sad:

Saturday mornings as a kid.  Catch the 49,79 or 89 (whichever came first) from bottom of Wordswoth. Get off usually on Bridge Street. Straight up to little Suggs Sports. Then over to Market quick look at record shop then on to Harringtons for a look at the latest stay press trousers and Jeans. Walk round market then out to Maces pet shop to see the Terrapins and Hamsters.(can still smell the upstairs now). Up through Hole in Road a quick gander at fish tank, up the Escalators and up onto Fargate. Up on toLeopold street and a walk round Beatties. Then down to big Sugg Sports , Redgates and Middletons Pet shop. Happy days.

On 01/03/2018 at 00:59, Almat said:

Mixed emotions looking at that. Cracking place (God knows what would have happened if a fire broke out though)

Got done for under age drinking in there. 17 but looked about 12. Undercover officer tapped me on the shoulder and asked me what I was drinking to which I drunkenly replied 'Pint, please' 4 quid fine and court appearance. Happy days. 

Reminds me of an incident in the Heart Beat disco in the 60’s. There was an off duty copper asking all sorts of questions,  listening to conversations and making a complete tool of himself, He got off his bar stool to have a quick nosey, so I shifted it towards me and sat on it, he then decided to do a Del Boy and sat on the none existent stool, it brought the house down, after picking himself off the floor he got his warrant card out and accused me of assaulting a police officer by moving his stool. I told I’m to do his worst or fizz off, he chose the latter and was never seen there again. :biggrin: