Our sister website Sheffield History

Got myself validated last week. Not too painful. There’s a few names on there I recognise from here.

Theres a lot of sections Neil and I’ve posted in several and had limited response. It could be that I’m talking b...s of course.

It’s a bit like here where some don’t stray pass Matchday, I think they look in History Chat then wander off if there’s nothing that catches their eye.

Its a difficult one and you can’t please everybody. I’d recommend anybody with any interest in local history or just fancying a reminisce about stuff from 50s onwards to join. 

3 minutes ago, Ibbo48 said:

Got myself validated last week. Not too painful. There’s a few names on there I recognise from here.

Theres a lot of sections Neil and I’ve posted in several and had limited response. It could be that I’m talking b...s of course.

It’s a bit like here where some don’t stray pass Matchday, I think they look in History Chat then wander off if there’s nothing that catches their eye.

Its a difficult one and you can’t please everybody. I’d recommend anybody with any interest in local history or just fancying a reminisce about stuff from 50s onwards to join. 

It's a slow burner site mate - totally different pace from this one that's for sure. Less frantic and furious but the people on it are amazing at finding information out when asked to.

You're right that many don't check the other sections anywhere near as much as they could or should do. Same as on here where people mostly use matchday when we've got some great stuff going on in other sections and the photo galleries etc

Owlstalk Shop

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Doesn't even matter either way really

:rolleyes:

I just want both sites to be the very best they can

With the Sheffield History one I need more stuff on there for people to peruse through, and more information shared from people with knowledge.

Most of all though I need a funky new look for the site as I can never get it right. All the years it's been going and it's always never looked cool enough

Ive been using htat site for years Neil , some brilliant nostalgia on there. Never knew it was yours. 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Doesn't even matter either way really

:rolleyes:

I just want both sites to be the very best they can

With the Sheffield History one I need more stuff on there for people to peruse through, and more information shared from people with knowledge.

Most of all though I need a funky new look for the site as I can never get it right. All the years it's been going and it's always never looked cool enough

It's mainly inhabited by the over 60's, so don't make it too funky or you might put some off, simple and easy usage is all we need.

Think patterned carpets, flock wallpaper and sanatogen.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Weshallovercome said:

It's mainly inhabited by the over 60's, so don't make it too funky or you might put some off, simple and easy usage is all we need.

Think patterned carpets, flock wallpaper and sanatogen.

Probably needs sponsoring by Anusol or Tena Men.

Larger Print as well, Neil.

The thing is us oldies can laugh at ourselves but can those youngsters?

• Haha 2

Looks like I could spend a while trawling through this site. Looks good. I’ll register shortly. I’ve noticed there’s a thread in the Sheffield United section called “30 memorable games from the 70s” but no replies yet. What do you think about the first reply being about a certain game right at the end of the 70s? Only jesting!