I really hope there’s a positive reaction after tonight.

I don’t start many topics but I just wanted to say that I’m not comfortable with those who say we’ve got enough points on board and won’t be dragged into a relegation fight.

The last thing we want now is for players and fans to think that it’s season over and roll on next season. We are right in the relegation mix. A win tonight could have given us a boost and we could have used it to pick up a few extra points and put any prospect of relegation in the bin but what will the team’s mindset be now?

I think we need to get behind the lads more then ever before, because this is the time of a season when the bottom clubs fighting for their lives drag out unexpected results and if our players don’t do the same we could really be in the brown stuff. Honestly lads and lasses, let’s not sleepwalk into relegation, let’s do our bit and hope that the current shower purporting to be Sheffield Wednesday players can do the same. We are definitely not too good to go down and there’s more than enough time left to either be dragged in the mire or to reach midfield safety. UTO.

Edited by Growl67

8 hours ago, Growl67 said:

I don’t start many topics but I just wanted to say that I’m not comfortable with those who say we’ve got enough points on board and won’t be dragged into a relegation fight.

I agree, but I'm trying to stay positive.

While I didn't enjoy the result, I liked the way we played against Villa, and I think a lesser team than them wouldn't have been able to respond in the way they did. I'm hopeful that if we can keep that up we'll pick up a few points in the forthcoming games.

We are on a slow decline down the league. Not long ago people were saying 10pts off relegation we will be ok, then its become 9pts, then 8pts now 7pts if we dont win one of our next 3 games it will become squeaky bottom time. We need 4 or 5 of those injured players back to help us to safety. 

I think we will be safe. I keeping banging on that it is not simply the number of points but the number of teams that need to overtake us. Teams that are below us in the league for a reason.

Five teams need to all have better form than us until the end of season. Birmingham need 8 more points than us, Barnsley 6 and so on.

It is just so unlikely.

There should be no need for positive reactions, the manager has only been in charge 2 mins. It should be a given to work damned hard. Last night was a complete joke. I don't think we Will Go down, but lose on Sat and fail to beat Ipswich and we could be twitching.

46 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

I agree, but I'm trying to stay positive.

While I didn't enjoy the result, I liked the way we played against Villa, and I think a lesser team than them wouldn't have been able to respond in the way they did. I'm hopeful that if we can keep that up we'll pick up a few points in the forthcoming games.

Yes hopefully that’s the way it’ll pan out, my post was just a heads up really.

What amazed was we’d got posters on here and Owls phoning Radio Sheffield saying we were safe now and we should go all out in the cup, and yet almost every year in the various divisions we see teams that aren’t even being talked about as relegation candidates in early March get dragged into it and end up scrapping for their lives in the last few games. We keep on talking about new players coming back but I’m not convinced even then that we’d be up for a nail biting last few games survival scrap.

We want points in the bag ASAP to take the pressure off, we can’t expect the long term injured players to turn up and save the day at the death. It rarely turns out that easy for us Wednesdayites. 

10 hours ago, Growl67 said:

The last thing we want now is for players and fans to think that it’s season over and roll on next season. We are right in the relegation mix. A win tonight could have given us a boost and we could have used it to pick up a few extra points and put any prospect of relegation in the bin but what will the team’s mindset be now?

I think we need to get behind the lads more then ever before, because this is the time of a season when the bottom clubs fighting for their lives drag out unexpected results and if our players don’t do the same we could really be in the brown stuff. Honestly lads and lasses, let’s not sleepwalk into relegation, let’s do our bit and hope that the current shower purporting to be Sheffield Wednesday players can do the same. We are definitely not too good to go down and there’s more than enough time left to either be dragged in the mire or to reach midfield safety. UTO.

I still think we are ok this season to stay up BUT I totally hear you and what you’re saying 

Owlstalk Shop