Could we benefit from relegation?

22 hours ago, Spacehooch said:

I feel safe posting this as I can't be negged :)

Would relegation be so so bad for us right now?

We are screwed with FFP for a few years. We will not be able to compete with other clubs in our division for wages. We will need to use either our youth players, invest in promising cheap youth players from other clubs or try to find bargains from other leagues around the world. We require a complete rebuild of the squad.

In League 1 we will be able to play  a majority of youth and they will have a better chance of winning and developing. If we play a youth team in the Championship we have the danger of losing a lot and damaging players confidence forever. You learn how to win and how to lose. As a bonus I'm hoping that some of our expensive useless older players will either have a relegation release or a relegation pay drop clause. Could we be that lucky? Match day income would be almost the same, we would be better off. Anyone ITK about high paid failures contracts?

So crystal ball time..... if we are relegated we play youth in the next season, they gel, they win and we are promoted back to the championship with a young but experienced side that is used to winning. We then get back into the Premier League at the first attempt and are clear of FFP;)

It could happen !!! There's only a few holes in my argument .

fizz off

37 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

What I meant was, have they got better players than us when we're at full strength?

Could they withstand our injury crisis?

The answer to those questions is "no", in my book.

They've struggled with the loss of Cootie.

If that squad can be sixth, we're better than 8-10th.

But United are punching above their weight in 6th, with a squad which is arguably 14/15th best in the division.

They'll finish 8th in the end anyway, but to answer you're question, no team could withstand our injury crisis.