Could we benefit from relegation?

2 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

What tickles me is that a group of players who got us to 4th last season are now suddenly all regarded bob.

What was bob was the decision by the King of Siam to keep Carlos on.

All these woes can be traced back to that catastrophic decision.

Or the players weren't actually that good, and Carlos had them overachieving

Think people have short memories of just how horrendous League One is. Other teams seem to be able to re-build without being relegated, Jos seems to be able to integrate young players and this is definitely the way forward, move on the old regime.

11 hours ago, Spacehooch said:

I feel safe posting this as I can't be negged :)

Would relegation be so so bad for us right now?

It could happen !!! There's only a few holes in my argument .

No guarantees with relegation

images+(1).jpg+bucket+with+holes.jpg

Remember the lyrics of  " A Day in the LIfe " by the Beatles

I read the news today, oh boy
4,000 holes in Blackburn, Lancashire

Did they bounce back ?

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Or the players weren't actually that good, and Carlos had them overachieving

Aye, but how many looked good under Carlos?

That squad is top six, especially this season when you consider who's up there.

It's not top two because of a lack of pace in certain areas, but it's not bobbage either.

Loovens is gone, no question, but there's no reason why we can't go for promotion next season.

The main problem is keeping players fit, and until we get to the bottom of why so many succumb to injuries here we'll not progress.

Incidentally, was the training pitch relaid?

We are screwed with FFP for a few years. We will not be able to compete with other clubs in our division for wages. We will need to use either our youth players, invest in promising cheap youth players from other clubs or try to find bargains from other leagues around the world. We require a complete rebuild of the squad.

In League 1 we will be able to play  a majority of youth and they will have a better chance of winning and developing. If we play a youth team in the Championship we have the danger of losing a lot and damaging players confidence forever. You learn how to win and how to lose. As a bonus I'm hoping that some of our expensive useless older players will either have a relegation release or a relegation pay drop clause. Could we be that lucky? Match day income would be almost the same, we would be better off. Anyone ITK about high paid failures contracts?

So crystal ball time..... if we are relegated we play youth in the next season, they gel, they win and we are promoted back to the championship with a young but experienced side that is used to winning. We then get back into the Premier League at the first attempt and are clear of FFP;)

Most ridiculous post ever 

16 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Back training at Middlewood now after a lengthy spell out having operations and rehabilitation after the previous manager overused him when he shouldn't have.

What about FF?

I didn't know Keiran Lee was back training?

1 minute ago, Athelwulf said:

Aye, but how many looked good under Carlos?

That squad is top six, especially this season when you consider who's up there.

It's not top two because of a lack of pace in certain areas, but it's not bobbage either.

Loovens is gone, no question, but there's no reason why we can't go for promotion next season.

The main problem is keeping players fit, and until we get to the bottom of why so many succumb to injuries here we'll not progress.

Incidentally, was the training pitch relaid?

I dont agree I think the full squad is still only top half not top 6 !

No pace throughout and they aren't getting any younger.

How many of our squad are good enough to play in the premier? 

We are screwed with FFP for a few years. We will not be able to compete with other clubs in our division for wages. We will need to use either our youth players, invest in promising cheap youth players from other clubs or try to find bargains from other leagues around the world. We require a complete rebuild of the squad.

In League 1 we will be able to play  a majority of youth and they will have a better chance of winning and developing. If we play a youth team in the Championship we have the danger of losing a lot and damaging players confidence forever. You learn how to win and how to lose. As a bonus I'm hoping that some of our expensive useless older players will either have a relegation release or a relegation pay drop clause. Could we be that lucky? Match day income would be almost the same, we would be better off. Anyone ITK about high paid failures contracts?

So crystal ball time..... if we are relegated we play youth in the next season, they gel, they win and we are promoted back to the championship with a young but experienced side that is used to winning. We then get back into the Premier League at the first attempt and are clear of FFP;)

I used to think that way after several relegations I've seen. We would have to go through a transition that same as southampton did, it wont happen with the owner we have or have had previously it requires intelligent joined up thinking 

unless we can get the pensioners walking again and fired up to be bothered we are in for a shocker again  when this debacle of a celebration season finishes we need  experienced advice on how to proceed  and whilst I'm more than sympathetic to the job Jos has to do and what he has to do it with . I'm already wavering on a motivational / tactics front with him 

Bloody ridiculous post. See what getting rid of the neg button does Neil @OWLSTALKlol 

Do you really think the likes of Dawson, Clare, Wildsmith, Penney, (The list is bloody endless) would stay if we went down. I mean Clare or Hirst haven’t signed for us yet anyway. 

Secondly do you think a squad based around young players alone would be able to navigate coming back out of what is a very physical league? 

If the unthinkable happens and we do go down, we are then at the beginning of a new and equally challenging battle to get back up but first and foremost, to make sure we bloody don’t go down again because then we would be fooked. 

Edited by Woodyowl450

I see what you're saying but it's a firm "No." from me.

IMHO The talent level of player you need to succeed in lower divisions is less.

I feel like we'd "dumb down" our current level, which, in all honesty, isn't much better than League 1 anyway, but still we lose what we've got and then have to rebuild it all over again. And the rebuilding seems to come in levels, or spurts, for us.

We'd have to rebuild to get promoted back here.

We'd have to rebuild to get off the bottom of the table, or get past mid pack. 

We're screwed. Jos and the boys are going to hav to sort it out. It was an FA cup match so no real worries. Our League form hasn't been to bad. 

And Jos can play youth any time he wants. 

Also we'd be better if we just added some stripes... :P

Edited by pachyderm