Sheffield Wednesday Player Clear out

Guest Bulgaria
7 hours ago, acquiescefc said:

Ooh another clear out thread.

i know, fancy having a thread on SWFC matters and opinions on a SWFC forum.

Would you like to talk about?

21 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

i know, fancy having a thread on SWFC matters and opinions on a SWFC forum.

Would you like to talk about?

Not really because ive no idea about peoples contracts and budgetary levels or the ease and ability to replace players with equal or better quality.

but lets name names of players who we as fans are sure they are done.  That’ll learn em.

and start same thread every week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Everything looks bad at the moment, understandably. We’re also in a unique Owlstalk situation where the perception of some players is getting worse the longer they’re out. Let Wallace, Pudil, Nuhui and Loovens go. Send Butterfield back and perhaps sell Westwood and Winnal. That’s seven gone with some scope for fresh players and our best players back to fitness.

Things will look rosier in the summer (if we stay up) mainly because we won’t be playing games)).

If he was up for it I would bring Winnal back and ditcher Fletcher or Rhodes or both. Defo Marmite Dave tho, as much as he tries and offers something a bit different he isn't what we need.

9 hours ago, nilsson said:

The only senior players out of contract this summer are Pudil, Wallace, Nuhui and Loovens.

Matias, Abdi, Boyd, Fox, Jones and Palmer are contracted to June 2019.

Rhodes, Fletcher and Hutchinson are on contacts to June 2020.

Who can we realistically clear out?

Four this year, six the year after and three the year after that.

dont think any of them will feature if Jo’s stays (or under any other manager for that matter), but we can’t get rid other than paying them off. However what’s left plus a few additions and we will be ok I think.

Whether it’s no more coin or FFP I’m not sure where the money is going to come from for these clear outs and rebuilding. Too many overrated, brittle and past it players signed on big wages and contracts. Rank amateur in the extreme. Nope we can’t afford to buy players out, so it will be back to freebies, bargain bins and loans until they’re shifted.

If we have to sell our better players in order to fund purchases,  then we might as well get Gray back in and settle for life as a top 13 club. 

Our time came and went after Diame’s Goal in May 2016. No contingency or planning ahead.

Our only real hope now lies in our youth players. They have to both 1. Step up consistently and 2. Not get poached. We’ve not been too good at either of those for a long time.

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Pudil, Wallace, Nuhiu, Loovens and Kean all out of contract and i would let them all leave personally.

Return Butterfield and Venancio after their loans and do our best to offload Rhodes, Palmer, Fox  and Jones.

Replace with 3 or 4 SENSIBLE and SPECIFICALLY TARGETTED players.

Add selling Westwood to that list and I'd probably agree.

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

Pudil, Wallace, Nuhiu, Loovens and Kean all out of contract and i would let them all leave personally.

Return Butterfield and Venancio after their loans and do our best to offload Rhodes, Palmer, Fox  and Jones.

I agree with this - I'd add Boyd to that as well. We need younger, hungry players. You could say Boyd et al gives us the experience but without pace, physicality and desire they're below average championship players and painful to watch.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Zlin Owl said:

If he was up for it I would bring Winnal back and ditcher Fletcher or Rhodes or both. Defo Marmite Dave tho, as much as he tries and offers something a bit different he isn't what we need.

I think Winnall might lack pace due to him being on crutches.

Thanks to CC we are locked into long term high pay contracts with a series of hopeless players. 

Nobody would want them and why would bad players take a massive pay cut? 

Thanks to CC we are left with massive long term problems. What do we do with the likes of Rhodes who has over three years left at over 50 grand a week. 

He's not the only one getting Premier league wages. 

Premier league wages for non league talent 

Thanks Carlos. You've done a marvellous job at stiching us upt

Edited by Mrmason69

Are transfer lists still a thing ?

If so get the following on it.

Westwood

Winnall

Rhodes

Boyd

Bannan

Fletcher

Fox

Palmer

Jones

Kean

Abdi ?

Release

Nuhiu (regrettably) Loovens Wallace

Pudil I’m unsure on.

Now you may think it’s harsh on some which it is but some will bring in decent money (Bannan Westwood Winnall and Rhodes - yes we’ll make a loss on him). The others maybe free if we can get someone to take them. Then build accordingly.

More to the point, who what oversee any clearout The managers tenure is looking less secure with every passing day Could Chansiri take charge? Unlikely, he is the man who gifted the fans the misfit who is Jordan Rhodes

We’ll end up getting stuck with the expensive flops, Rhodes and Fletcher, whereus potential stars of the future like, Hirst and Clare, will walk away for virtually nothing

It would be easy to get Hirst to sign a new contract, just offer him shed loads of signing fee and a get-out clause if a prem team comes in with an offer in excess of £xxM (replace the x's with you own figure here.)  Both parties would then win.

2 hours ago, sheriwozgod said:

Every sensible comments, fully agree.