Sheffield Wednesday Player Clear out

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

The only senior players out of contract this summer are Pudil, Wallace, Nuhui and Loovens.

Matias, Abdi, Boyd, Fox, Jones and Palmer are contracted to June 2019.

Rhodes, Fletcher and Hutchinson are on contacts to June 2020.

Who can we realistically clear out?

This is the biggest issue we have faced like this since the days of Sibon, Donnelly etc 

Owlstalk Shop

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

This is the biggest issue we have faced like this since the days of Sibon, Donnelly etc 

This. And we still haven’t recovered. Don’t think many people realise that we are in for the very long haul here.  

Good luck trying to move on a bunch of failed, injury prone aging Championship footballers, many of whom are on Premier league wages for the next 1 to 3 years. 

We’ve got ourselves in a right pickle. Only way out is to sell players. Reach and Hirst will be the first, followed by FF when he proves his fitness. 

Moving players on when they're on what we pay them just isn't going to happen.

We have no choice but to sit it out and try to make the best use of them until their contracts are up.

Certainly, I hope we don't go down the route we did with McGugan and see who blinks first.

28 minutes ago, cowl said:

Moving players on when they're on what we pay them just isn't going to happen.

We have no choice but to sit it out and try to make the best use of them until their contracts are up.

Certainly, I hope we don't go down the route we did with McGugan and see who blinks first.

And we start next season with the same players? Majority of that squad needs shifting even if we have to take a hit on the wages. Rhodes and Fletcher’s contracts alone are over £8 million that will be going out in the next two seasons

7 hours ago, nilsson said:

The only senior players out of contract this summer are Pudil, Wallace, Nuhui and Loovens.

As many of them as we want if someone is interested and we deem it sensible to make a loss on some. 

Loovens, Buttercup, Wallace, Palmer, Fletcher, Rhodes and maybe Boyd should all be told there future at SWFC is over. Buttercup the easiest I know.

But we must tie Clare and Hirst down to a contract first IF they are not interested cash in and move on but I hope we can do business with them.

We also need clarity on Jos, will he be here next season, all this stuff about us sniffing around other managers is not only unsettling but down right dis-respectful.

Next season looks like being a 'Transitional Season' until we can make decent headway into clearing out players in Summer 2019.

I dont think many fans would accept that though (probably include myself in that).

When everything so expensive at Wednesday I think we should be promotion challenging 3 out of 4 seasons minimum.

17 minutes ago, Zlin Owl said:

We also need clarity on Jos, will he be here next season, all this stuff about us sniffing around other managers is not only unsettling but down right dis-respectful.

I am not sure its disrespectful.

Its what happens in the business of football. It works both ways as a lot of managers have informal talks with other clubs (Carlos Carvahaul for example).

I am glad to hear we are planning for next season already because it obvious zero thought was given to this season this time last year on and off the pitch.

Everything looks bad at the moment, understandably. We’re also in a unique Owlstalk situation where the perception of some players is getting worse the longer they’re out. Let Wallace, Pudil, Nuhui and Loovens go. Send Butterfield back and perhaps sell Westwood and Winnal. That’s seven gone with some scope for fresh players and our best players back to fitness.

Things will look rosier in the summer (if we stay up) mainly because we won’t be playing games)).

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, nilsson said:

Well this thread has certainly cheered me up no end:duntmatter:

Edited by full fathom five
  • Haha 1

Pudil, Wallace, Nuhiu, Loovens and Kean all out of contract and i would let them all leave personally.

Return Butterfield and Venancio after their loans and do our best to offload Rhodes, Palmer, Fox  and Jones.

Replace with 3 or 4 SENSIBLE and SPECIFICALLY TARGETTED players.

8 hours ago, Stoop said:

Palmer

Loovens

Fox

Wallace

Jones

Butterfield

Nuhiu 

Should all be moved on if possible

Westwood and Winnal should be sold to raise abit of cash 

The rest are decent imo 

Winnall ACL says he won't go. 

Westwood with 12 months left? Be a pittance. May as well keep him if we have any promotion ambition

8 hours ago, nilsson said:

Were in a right old mess, no chance of a promotion push next season with any of them, mixture of legs gone, injury prone and simply not good enough