Reaction from Jos Luhukay

16 minutes ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

I'll be honest ... It's not his fault .. But he's not what we need .. We need a hard, hard man to tell players who won't stick their heads in where it hurts to do it, or go ta tas

You do realize that kind of hardman man management went out with smoking in the dressing room.

41 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

What disappointed me was we put Dave on ,but never played to his strengths . we didnt hit the ball up to him and get players round him for the knock downs. 

Amazing really. We go three up front and spend the next 15 minutes trying to thread it through midfield. Should have gone direct. We all know when teams did that to us under Carlos we were crap. 

11 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

Got outbored by the master, we might just about deserved a draw on the boredom meter.

I swear Lawrenson said, 'ffs hope this don't go to extra time'

Lawrenson was too busy remembering all the pre match research he had done. Like when the commentator pointed out we had 14 injuries and Lawrenson said yeah but how many of them would get in the first team. Try 11 you great two hat. 

It was just so flat and insipid in the second half. 

Played like a pre-season friendly or a reserve game (which in many respects it felt like). 

My kingdom for a Wednesday team with a bit of drive and tempo. 

52 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

What disappointed me was we put Dave on ,but never played to his strengths . we didnt hit the ball up to him and get players round him for the knock downs. 

His strengths are not his head but his feet..... He only chests it down (ie, anything below his neck!) because his head serves as only nuisance value if it gets in the way. The fact is, that the laws of gravity strangely affect upward momentum. 

Caveat: I do love Dave tho,.. 

Edited by owls-swfc

58 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

He spot on again. No bull straight and honest not the CC type post match comments we had towards the end

He’s great at getting his post match interviews approved by the anti CC brigade.  We lost again! Oh well! But we had a shot or two and had some spells in the game. :goalie:

No one talks about his inability to win football matches and his negative tactics. 

One day, some will admit they were wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Rogers said:

He’s great at getting his post match interviews approved by the anti CC brigade.  We lost again! Oh well! But we had a shot or two and had some spells in the game. :goalie:

No one talks about his inability to win football matches and his negative tactics. 

One day, some will admit they were wrong. 

did you ever watch cc press conferences. Dynamic and pressing his favourite themes. JL was picking players CC had signed. The honest and to the point answers JL gives are a breath of fresh air

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:
I think when we look to us we had our best chances in the first half but didn’t take those chances

We had two or three chances but in the second half, Swansea took theirs

The first half was balanced, but the second we didn’t keep up the pressure we like and could not come back after the goal

Common theme - good first half, poor/lacklustre second, needs addressing.