We're still trying to recover aren't we?

22 hours ago, Wakefield owl said:

Thought we were moving on? 

Yet another thread trying to put all/most of the blame on CC.

When will some of you see that the attitude and desire of our players is shockingly poor - that's our ongoing problem and much more of a concern to me.

I agree totally that the players should never be absolved from blame.  Performances on the whole, across the season simply haven’t been good enough from this group.  No doubt because of a number of different factors.

But I didn’t see a lack of desire or professionalism at the weekend against Villa.  I was proud of our performance.  To say the result flattered Villa is on understatement.  I think the players and management deserve credit for that.

Likewise last night.  You can’t really question the player’s commitment or application.  We got beat away by a Premier League team.  Did anyone realistically expect any different?

Of course Jos keeps making regular changes to the team’s personnel; why wouldn’t he try and manage player’s fitness with our resources so depleted?

But that then brings its own problems.  In that there is a lack of consistency in player selection.  Which is far from ideal, as we are bringing players into the side that haven’t played many minutes for the first team for whatever reason.

I think Jos and the players available to us right now are trying their best in tough circumstances.  What we lack more than anything right now is proven quality players.  And that’s because of this ridiculous injury crisis.  But you can’t criticise the player’s attitude since Jos has taken over as manager.  And you can’t criticise either the manager or the available players for us having anywhere between 10-20 first team players available every match.  Under those conditions, is it any wonder that we are struggling for results?

The situation we are in now is partly because of the worst injury crisis in the club’s history, and partly because of a naive chairman’s loyalty to a failing manager IMO.  How much those two factors are linked is open to interpretation and debate.

3 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

His legacy is so much more than that.

He had no idea whatsoever how to build a balanced squad.

He was oblivious to shortcomings at fullback, centre back, and central midfield for 3 seasons.

He had no understanding of the importance of pace in a squad.

He failed to grasp the importance of back up players motivation, instead rimming his favourite starting 11 for 3 seasons.

100% fraud.

It's like you can read my mind!!!

I despise the slimy scumbag.

There was the most stupid woman I've ever heard on Football Heaven tonight called Sharon. She started off by saying the last time she called it was when Carlos went because she was so devastated. The moron then went on to say how every single fan that called for him to go should hang ther heads in shame!!!! WTAF?

It's because of the Brain donors and clappers like her that he stayed in the job 4 months too long. They should be getting down on their hands and knees and thanking us for being so vocal. If he was still here I dread to think the state we'd be in.

Edited by OneDavidHirst

10 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

It's because of the Brain donors and clappers like her that he stayed in the job 4 months too long. They should be getting down on their hands and knees and thanking us for being so vocal. If he was still here I dread to think the state we'd be in.

Utter nonsense. 

The reason he left is because he lined up the Swansea job and agreed with Chansiri to depart. 

40 minutes ago, OneDavidHirst said:

It's like you can read my mind!!!

I despise the slimy scumbag.

There was the most stupid woman I've ever heard on Football Heaven tonight called Sharon. She started off by saying the last time she called it was when Carlos went because she was so devastated. The moron then went on to say how every single fan that called for him to go should hang ther heads in shame!!!! WTAF?

We'd probably be in the same state, maybe even better off because whatever you say we've picked up very few points since he left.

32 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Utter nonsense. 

The reason he left is because he lined up the Swansea job and agreed with Chansiri to depart. 

I'ts crystal clear that had been on the cards for months and he was just waiting for the right moment (for him). Yet even last night, the commentators on the BBC who were pretending to know or give a throw about us repeated that he'd been "sacked". 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Captain said:

I agree totally that the players should never be absolved from blame.  Performances on the whole, across the season simply haven’t been good enough from this group.  No doubt because of a number of different factors.

But I didn’t see a lack of desire or professionalism at the weekend against Villa.  I was proud of our performance.  To say the result flattered Villa is on understatement.  I think the players and management deserve credit for that.

Likewise last night.  You can’t really question the player’s commitment or application.  We got beat away by a Premier League team.  Did anyone realistically expect any different?

Of course Jos keeps making regular changes to the team’s personnel; why wouldn’t he try and manage player’s fitness with our resources so depleted?

But that then brings its own problems.  In that there is a lack of consistency in player selection.  Which is far from ideal, as we are bringing players into the side that haven’t played many minutes for the first team for whatever reason.

I think Jos and the players available to us right now are trying their best in tough circumstances.  What we lack more than anything right now is proven quality players.  And that’s because of this ridiculous injury crisis.  But you can’t criticise the player’s attitude since Jos has taken over as manager.  And you can’t criticise either the manager or the available players for us having anywhere between 10-20 first team players available every match.  Under those conditions, is it any wonder that we are struggling for results?

The situation we are in now is partly because of the worst injury crisis in the club’s history, and partly because of a naive chairman’s loyalty to a failing manager IMO.  How much those two factors are linked is open to interpretation and debate.

Good post and I agree with a lot of it. I do still have an issue with some of our players and have done for most of this season. If you can bear it then watch last night's game again and you will see some players backing out of challenges and some players not busting a gut to cover when we list possession and how many of the players showed any kind of urgency once we went behind. I've been watching us over most of this season and have observed most of this happening on a regular basis.

It's been and maybe still is far too comfortable for the players - too much dressing room influence. We need a significant change of players in the summer.

11 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

I'ts crystal clear that had been on the cards for months and he was just waiting for the right moment (for him). Yet even last night, the commentators on the BBC who were pretending to know or give a throw about us repeated that he'd been "sacked". 

Yep. 

He got another job lined up, made sure it was all but agreed and before or after that Boro game when to Chansiri and suggested it was time to part ways. 

He wasn't "sacked", nor did some of our fans drive him out. 

Left of his own accord. Pretty laughable when you think about it - but then most things with the club this season have been laughable. 

19 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Yep. 

He got another job lined up, made sure it was all but agreed and before or after that Boro game when to Chansiri and suggested it was time to part ways. 

He wasn't "sacked", nor did some of our fans drive him out. 

Left of his own accord. Pretty laughable when you think about it - but then most things with the club this season have been laughable. 

Could it be very similar to the Everton situation with Silva only we let ours leave they didn't.

On 28/02/2018 at 19:41, Mr Farrell said:

His legacy is so much more than that.

He had no idea whatsoever how to build a balanced squad.

He was oblivious to shortcomings at fullback, centre back, and central midfield for 3 seasons.

He had no understanding of the importance of pace in a squad.

He failed to grasp the importance of back up players motivation, instead rimming his favourite starting 11 for 3 seasons.

100% fraud.

You don't get to manage huge clubs like Galatasaray or Sporting Lisbon if you are a 100% fraud.  Nor turn round an ailing Premier Lge team, nor take a perennially struggling Championship club to consecutive top six finishes.

So we had shortcomings at full back, centre back and midfield for 3 seasons?    CC was only here for two seasons, and we equalled our best clean sheet seasonal record of 17 in each season.

Daftest post ever.  I wish Josh well, but even with a full squad I don't see us making too six again. 

Guest Bulgaria
9 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

You don't get to manage huge clubs like Galatasaray or Sporting Lisbon if you are a 100% fraud.  Nor turn round an ailing Premier Lge team, nor take a perennially struggling Championship club to consecutive top six finishes.

So we had shortcomings at full back, centre back and midfield for 3 seasons?    CC was only here for two seasons, and we equalled our best clean sheet seasonal record of 17 in each season.

Daftest post ever.  I wish Josh well, but even with a full squad I don't see us making too six again. 

Carlos is a good salesman.  When he comes in he is like a breath of fresh air, funny, kind even brings you cakes. The result is the club becomes happy, players start playing better and results improve, hell even training is easy.  After a while, he gets found out, aint got any real tactic or set play technique, he just talks a good game. Eventually, he gets found out.

And repeat. 

On 2/27/2018 at 23:33, Wakefield owl said:

You keep looking back then but I'll try to look to the present and future.

You need to know how the f**k up happened in the first place before anyone can move on or the problems may still be with us. Then we can move on without making the same mistakes again. 

On 2/27/2018 at 23:35, @owlstalk said:

Good on you mate

Thats good, positive and healthy

Doesnt make me wrong though 

Carlos had certainly become part of the problem by the time he left. But I do think this idea that he is the sole architect of our current situation is not accurate. There have been many poor decisions made by the club over the last 3 years which have cumilatively lead us to the situation we now found ourselves in. Carlos cannot be blamed for the majority of the mistakes that have been made.

• Like 1