We're still trying to recover aren't we?

He’s left us with a squad full of unfit players who due to their lack of fitness are prone to picking up injuries, hence the reason we are playing our reserves every week and they are clearly tiring towards the end of matches.

This is Carlos’s legacy to the club as we now face a battle to avoid third division football next season but hey, he says he’ll always be an owl so let’s all kiss his **** anyway!!:duntmatter:

Just now, steveger said:

I'm really starting to despise the moron

Let it go

we are where we are (poo i know)

We all know what has gone on

im no do-Gooder but i really think we are going to come good next season

with a full strength squad we would have smashed this league (poss wolves apart)

good things come to those that wait

and my god we have waited long enough

• Like 1

Thought we were moving on? 

Yet another thread trying to put all/most of the blame on CC.

When will some of you see that the attitude and desire of our players is shockingly poor - that's our ongoing problem and much more of a concern to me.

Edited by Wakefield owl

3 minutes ago, Wakefield owl said:

Thought we were moving on? 

Yet another thread trying to put all/most of the blame on CC.

When will some of you see that the attitude and desire of our players is shockingly poor - that's our ongoing problem and much more of a concern to me.

Makes you wonder who bred that into em 

Owlstalk Shop

53 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

He’s left us with a squad full of unfit players who due to their lack of fitness are prone to picking up injuries, hence the reason we are playing our reserves every week and they are clearly tiring towards the end of matches.

This is Carlos’s legacy to the club as we now face a battle to avoid third division football next season but hey, he says he’ll always be an owl so let’s all kiss his **** anyway!!:duntmatter:

Of course our lack of fitness caused Boyd's shoulder injury, Fletcher's knee problem that he came with, Abdi's various issues he came with, Hutchinson's long term issues, Lee's hip injury, Forestieri's knee injury. I could go on.

40 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Makes you wonder who bred that into em 

So all our professional playing squad have had a lack of effort bred into them by a manager who has since departed but you think it's that ingrained they are stuck with it - and that's solely the previous managers fault?

This blaming Carlos every time we lose is getting a bit tiresome and not breeding much positivity don't you think? How long will it go on being all his fault for? We managed to run around and play positively with enthusiasm against Derby and Villa and made 5 changes tonight. Some of the injured players can point to the poor training regime as a cause but a fair few have had a history of injuries of have picked up injuries that are a not down to fatigue.

Furthermore, tonight's team didn't look tired and slow because they had a poor pre-season and training regime - they looked old and slow because they are past their best.

At least 5 of the players that started tonight are unlikely to get any better for us or improve anyone else's team at this level if they moved on. A fair few of these were signed since the 2016 play-off final but most would not be chosen in place of players in that team. That shows how bad the recruitment has been and that certainly can't be leveled solely at Carlos.