Team for Saturday

10 minutes ago, toooldforthis said:

Not even close to Wildsmith. He’s coming on but some way back from Wildsmith and Jos will have seen that. Wildsmith would have done better on both goals tonight.

Not sure what he could do for the first was a great strike and the second fair enough maybe could have done better but hardly an error 

9 hours ago, toooldforthis said:

Not even close to Wildsmith. He’s coming on but some way back from Wildsmith and Jos will have seen that. Wildsmith would have done better on both goals tonight.

Right, I respected your views as an ex-ref on the Villa game and the refs performance. I thought you were wrong, but respected em anyway.

This is nonsense.

10 hours ago, KivoOwl said:

Dawson

Hunt--Lees--Venancio--Thorniley--Pudil

Clare--Pelupessy--Reach

Joao--Nuhiu

Subs - Wildsmith, Palmer, Fox, Jones, Boyd, Rhodes, Hirst

If Hunt hasn't recovered by Saturday then I'd like to see Ash Baker given a chance to impress

He's been on the bench for three of the last four games, so he can't be far off

Palmer had the best part of an hour last night - hardly gave us a 'welcome back' performance

wildsmith

venancio  lees pudil

hunt                                          boyd 

pelupessy

clare                         reach

nuhiu      joao

We are pretty stuck for options to change things and thats about the best we can put out, if lees and hunt are fit the back five doesnt look too bad with the exception of boyd but its him or fox so he will have to stay in for now.

Can understand people wanting dawson in he looks a slightly more calming and commanding presence than wildsmith and comes for the ball well which might take some pressure off given our problems defending set plays but would stick with wildsmith for now though as he looks the better shot stopper of the two even if he seems slightly more error prone.

Midfield takes care of its self they're the best three performers at the moment and jones and butterfield didnt exactly put much pressure on them with their performances last night

We desperately need more options up top joao has done well recently and Im a nuhiu fan but hes not a starter for me we just have no other options, maybe give hirst a try at somepoint out of pure desperation. Could possibly give abdi a chance behind joao but fear we would just end up leaving joao isolated up top on his own

Although I am a big advocate of Reach in the middle he simply has to play left wing back for the rest of the year. Boyd doesn’t have the legs and fox is worse than useless.

Wildsmith

Venancio Pudil Thornley

Hunt Pelupessy Abdi Reach

Clare

Joao Nuhiu

Lees in for Thornley if fit or not fit.

Baker in for Hunt if Hunt not fit.

Hirst on bench and to be given at least 30 mins.

1 hour ago, toooldforthis said:

Why?

I had to double check, but Wildsmith was to blame for at least one of the goals against Birmingham. I was there, but had to double check, as you seem to have missed that mistake. Right, I am not saying Wildsmith is not a safe pair of hand, far from it, he is a very good goalie, but he makes (a very few) mistakes, Dawson makes mistakes, and so does Westwood. Saying that Wildsmith would have saved them is nonsense.

You can argue that Wildsmith is better than Dawson (I think it is very difficult to say who is better, but maybe Wildsmith is a better kicker?), but you cant argue that one goalkeeper would have saved a goal and another one wouldn't because that disrespects a keeper as being "suspect", and Dawson is anything but suspect. 

6 hours ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I had to double check, but Wildsmith was to blame for at least one of the goals against Birmingham. I was there, but had to double check, as you seem to have missed that mistake. Right, I am not saying Wildsmith is not a safe pair of hand, far from it, he is a very good goalie, but he makes (a very few) mistakes, Dawson makes mistakes, and so does Westwood. Saying that Wildsmith would have saved them is nonsense.

You can argue that Wildsmith is better than Dawson (I think it is very difficult to say who is better, but maybe Wildsmith is a better kicker?), but you cant argue that one goalkeeper would have saved a goal and another one wouldn't because that disrespects a keeper as being "suspect", and Dawson is anything but suspect. 

I think Dawson is very good and improving. He still flaps and brings a greater degree of nervousness to the back 4. They are both good young keepers. Dawson didn’t find our players on long kicks, he doesn’t play quickly to his defenders and so chose to go long 8 times out of 10, this gave the ball back to Swansea before we could set the defensive midfield. Wildsmith plays it quicker to his defenders and only 1 time out of 20+ times was it a questionable choice against Villa. Both good shot stoppers but Wildsmith gets down quicker with a longer reach and doesn’t allow the ball through his legs because of his technique. So maybe I can say he would have probably stopped one of the.

having said that, he may not have stopped the one Dawson saved in the 1st leg...so you’re right. I shouldn’t say who would stop what...my apologies 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, spike1867 said:

I said Dawson in goal for Villa and got some reyt quizzical looks.

Dawson

Palmer  Venancio   Lees  Pudil

Pelupessy    Reach

Clare           Abdi           João

Nuhui

if 1 up front got to be Joao too slow and can't hold the ball up.try Hurst if not Joao

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, owls7 said:

Not even sure the game will go ahead Saturday as live just down the road Thursday/Friday weather looks awful for the area.

That would suit us IMO.