Jo’s - not very good

27 minutes ago, Meowl said:

Here we go,  Jos bashers crawling out of the woodwork to vent their fury against a decent man who's been handed a pile of poo . Give the guy a break - deserves a full season to show what he can do. 

In which division would you like me to give him a chance?

1 minute ago, lofty91 said:

He's seen the dung that is available to him and gone for youth instead. I'd let him clear the decks and rebuild. Someone has to do it.

People keep saying clear the decks..get rid of the deadwood etc...it's impossible..don't you know how contracts work..plenty of these wasters are here for at least 2 more years

Full disclosure:  I'm not a fan of what I've seen so far and I really doubt that we're going to get anywhere under Jos...

But it's way too early to be throwing in the towel on him, especially with out level of injuries.  I'll be ambivalent if he survives the end of this season, but he's definitely entitled to more than a half season with the squad's core players out injured.

A manager carousel isn't going to be good for anything, and I'd much rather we avoid it

Edited by Indoor Owl

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Championship reserve team lose to Premier league team shocker

Not completely the point though is it.

We played without any strikers at Millwall because he is trying to manage the workload of what he has available but then played 2 at the weekend and ended up with 3 on the pitch tonight, ultimately losing all 3 games.

The best chance of points and probably the most important game due to that fact was probably the Millwall one, a team we had the best chance of getting a result from and at the time a team we could possibly look at finishing above in the table and yet that was the game we went with the most negative approach. Our best defender on form at the moment is Pudil but his rest came in the league but played in the cup replay. 

Be interesting to see what the approach is on Saturday against a Bristol team that must be low on confidence having lost a few lately and lost points conceding lots of goals from winning positions. 

I think this is an awful thread. Judging a guy with a threadbare squad. He is encouraging youth for a start, when was the last time a manager at Wednesday actually took notice of the youngsters. His hand may have been forced but so what. I am reserving judgement until he has had a chance for the dust to settle and actually start working with a proper squad. I doubt anyone could do any better with what he has and that would be pointless conjecture anyway..

My biggest concern is how a club can oversee a player like Clare for so long, then when he is out of contract we suddenly announce him to the world. Totally mystifying

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lythamowl said:

In which division would you like me to give him a chance?

Ok. Hypothetically, which manager could have done better job in your opinion with the squad he inherited? As i recall everyone was scared to death for his opening match hoping we didnt get hammered. We played well and get a well earned draw. We have an ever changing line up due to injuries and cup tied players and managing the work load. Another injury last night. Like dominoes. I think hes doing well.

8 hours ago, danblakemore said:

My only thinking is he’s only here till end of season. 

And if so, he won’t be here next season. 

I’m not sure why we would appoint an expert in promotions from German football as the man to just keep us up in the championship. I don’t believe he would have been the cheapest option compared to some lower league English coaches/managers. He used to manage in the Bundesliga. 

Chansiri said his task is to get promoted as soon as possible. I personally don’t think he’s only been given a 6 month contract, but that’s not to say that we won’t part company in the summer, from a longer contract. 

15 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I’m not sure why we would appoint an expert in promotions from German football as the man to just keep us up in the championship. I don’t believe he would have been the cheapest option compared to some lower league English coaches/managers. He used to manage in the Bundesliga. 

Chansiri said his task is to get promoted as soon as possible. I personally don’t think he’s only been given a 6 month contract, but that’s not to say that we won’t part company in the summer, from a longer contract. 

No idea where this came from either. People just making it up i suspect

The guy has been here for less than 2 months he inherited the biggest pile of crap left by the previous clown,we have injuries big time ,last night we had 3 youngsters cup tied so unable to play and lastly in the team that played how many of them did 

Jos recruit ?? answer none ,as I have said before give the guy a chance.

FFS

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

I'm inclined to agree!

I think it's harsh to judge without a fully fit squad.

But you can still play attacking football and have a go with some of the players we have!

If we had played attacking football we would have got beaten easily.  Our best chance was try and score on the break or a set piece (miracles do happen). Our priority is the league. If we had a full squad i agree. We dont, hence not bothered, another fixture is not what we need. Hunt went off last night as well.

I don't care who's to blame, but what was very worrying last night was our seemingly complete ability to give the ball away time after time. Even when we weren't being pressed we seemed to find it easier to find a white shirt than a yellow one. That's in excusable in itself.

18 minutes ago, marshy said:

I don't care who's to blame, but what was very worrying last night was our seemingly complete ability to give the ball away time after time. Even when we weren't being pressed we seemed to find it easier to find a white shirt than a yellow one. That's in excusable in itself.

Some of the players who couldn’t pass 10 yards are on £20k + a week.... just let that sink in 

He really didnt have many other options last night, it was the lack of grit, desire and determination to win a cup tie with the chance of spurs at home next round that puzzled me, if we cant be up for that, what hope have we got, desperately need ff, bannan and hooper fit and claire back in

It’s the style of football that worries me, sitting and watching us trying to grind out a 0.0 or tight 1.0 win is not the sort of football I like to watch and he’s known for this kind of football in Germany, the championship is whole different ball game.

im prepared to give him the benefit of doubt because of injuries but I’m not very confident it will be any better when players return.

100% Jos out. No impact at all. The only time we've played with any hunger/desire/chuffing ability was at Derby when - by his own admission - he'd let the players dictate training and tactics.

He does nothing special. It's so obvious that the team (second string et al) needs to be galvanised into a unit using man management and motivation skills but instead he's doing arms-length tinkering.

Let's get to the end of the season, then Jos out.