Jo’s - not very good

Aging, unfit squad that is severely lacking in pace and athleticism.

No options off the bench.

Can't play players 3 games in 7 days as they aren't fit enough and likely to pick up injuries.

Trying to get Hirst in the squad, despite being frozen out for 7/8 months by the chairman.  

Harsh to judge him with the hand he's been dealt.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wharncliffeowl said:

Jos is dross I'm afraid. I can only hope he really didn't want to progress in the cup to concentrate our efforts in the league but deary me that was truly awful.

It was awful but you cant judge him with this team. I defy any manager to do any better so lets see when it's his team

• Like 1

I've just watched a recording of "Merlin" on the box, and we could do with some of his magic to pump some fire into the bellies of our players, because we are absolutely gutless. You can see more effort and endeavour from a team of junior school players on a cold wet Saturday morning than we showed tonight.

If things are not altered very soon, then we are going to be much more disappointed at the end of the season than we are tonight.

2 out of 10 for effort.

4 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

My only thinking is he’s only here till end of season. 

And if so, he won’t be here next season. 

This. Got a feeling he's on a short term contract, hatchet job, keep us up type deal. 

not gonna start slating the bloke, despite Birmingham and millwall debacles, but it all seems a bit too negative and ponderous at times. I was surprised at tonight's team, considering how many he's rested recently, and the fact we really need points from the three games coming up, but despite being a pretty strong side for us right now, we were garbage. 

Anything less than 6 points from these next 3, and its poo your pants time.

3 minutes ago, danblakemore said:

My only thinking is he’s only here till end of season. 

And if so, he won’t be here next season. 

Starting to see something in this. 

I get the injuries, I get what we have left is not fit enough and we are devoid of pace or quality....but I cannot accept why we go out to perform like a limp wee pipe. 

The very least those players should do is to run around, close down the opposition and look to go and play forward in the opposition  half.

Just hope a good number of those players leave at the end of the season, whether Jos does or not.

47 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

We played that badly under Carlos too, certainly last season. So it’s a problem in the squad for a while now.

We don’t have the ability or pace in the team to create chances for strikers and score goals.  

It needs a massive shake up in the summer, players and maybe manager too 

Shake up? What shake up? We have no coin. That’s why CC’s legacy is so damning.

7 minutes ago, pussface said:

Shake up? What shake up? We have no coin. That’s why CC’s legacy is so damning.

Getting the experienced and higher earners off the wage bill is a start. Getting youngsters like Clare, Hirst, Dawson, Thorniley etc in the first team. And hopefully snapping up some other good young players with energy and pace that come available / loans

Edited by Southie_Owl