Jo’s - not very good

I'm more concerned with our tactic of our goalkeeper rolling ball out to a defender then we spend 5 minutes faffing about passing it across back and end up losing ball on some occasions

I wouldn't call it negative football, it's bloody suicide football, Forest were doing it themselves under Warburton. 

3 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Westwood

Lees

Lee

Bannan

Hooper

Fletcher

Forestieri

Van Acken

Matias

Wallace

Hutchinson

Not played for ages

Abdi

First game after injury

Palmer

First game after illness

Rhodes

Premiership Swansea with 'Brilliant' Carlos in charge held for 145 minutes by injury ravaged team 17th in Championship

Ha ha .....told you it was only 11 

40 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

99% of fans on Owlstalk seem to accept that JL inherited a bad situation (moral, injuries, fitness, aging squad, CC’s favourites holding back youth development etc). Noones really arguing with that.

Fact remains that you can’t win football matches withoout a plan to stop your opponents scoring and a plan to score against them.

I can see how JL is trying to stop teams. 3 centre backs, sometimes plus 2 full backs high energy press which worked against pigs, Cardiff, Derby, Villa (at times) Swansea home, Swansea away (first half)

What I’m struggling with is what is his plan to score. When we win the ball we seem to be hoping something will happen. There’s no reaction from players to show they know what to do or where to be.

Personally...I think we've looked better offensively (certainly at home) since he arrived than we did before. 

I really think that being 3 or 4 goals to the good would not have flattered us going into the break against Villa.

Even last night, in a defensive game plan,   the 3 best chances in the first period definitely came our way. 

Of course. Creating chances and converting them are two different things.

But at least we're creating one or two. 

Just got to start getting them over the line. 

1 hour ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

99% of fans on Owlstalk seem to accept that JL inherited a bad situation (moral, injuries, fitness, aging squad, CC’s favourites holding back youth development etc). Noones really arguing with that.

Fact remains that you can’t win football matches withoout a plan to stop your opponents scoring and a plan to score against them.

I can see how JL is trying to stop teams. 3 centre backs, sometimes plus 2 full backs high energy press which worked against pigs, Cardiff, Derby, Villa (at times) Swansea home, Swansea away (first half)

What I’m struggling with is what is his plan to score. When we win the ball we seem to be hoping something will happen. There’s no reaction from players to show they know what to do or where to be.

i know we are missing Hooper, Fessi, Bannan, Wallace but....

Aiming for Big Dave and getting around him for the second ball is a plan. 

Playing Reach and Boyd wide and asking them to constantly cross into the corridor for Rhodes to attack is a plan. 

Playing a diamond with someone like Clare, Reach or (god forbid) Butterfield at the tip trying to thread balls for Joao to run on to is a plan.

Gambling with genuine wing-backs timing their runs to break beyond the forwards is a plan.

Admittedly all these plans have flaws but I don’t see anything at all from JL

It must be all the attacking options he has and getting confused, therefore not picking any

28 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Personally...I think we've looked better offensively (certainly at home) since he arrived than we did before. 

I really think that being 3 or 4 goals to the good would not have flattered us going into the break against Villa.

Even last night, in a defensive game plan,   the 3 best chances in the first period definitely came our way. 

Of course. Creating chances and converting them are two different things.

But at least we're creating one or two. 

Just got to start getting them over the line. 

United, Cardiff, Boro., Millwall bereft of attacking ideas or threat. Swansea at home, I actually thought we played well but that Swansea were there for the taking had we gone for the jugular. Also agree to differ about last night. Think our efforts in the first half were little more than half chances over played by the tv pundits because the game was rank average. Second half we ran out of ideas.

Cant possibly argue about Villa match but I feel that Clare’s direct play unsettled Villa more than any discernible plan.

4 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

We were beaten by one of the finest managers in English football (who incidentally certain people hounded out of the club for no reasob) and we were unlucky too. Jos is doing a great job given how many injured players we have, biased refs to contend with etc

Apart from his dire 3rd season that is.

2 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

United, Cardiff, Boro., Millwall bereft of attacking ideas or threat. Swansea at home, I actually thought we played well but that Swansea were there for the taking had we gone for the jugular. Also agree to differ about last night. Think our efforts in the first half were little more than half chances over played by the tv pundits because the game was rank average. Second half we ran out of ideas.

Cant possibly argue about Villa match but I feel that Clare’s direct play unsettled Villa more than any discernible plan.

Yep. Im positive he puts a team out without a plan. Or not......

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

It must be all the attacking options he has and getting confused, therefore not picking any

Might help if you read what I said.

know we are missing Hooper, Fessi, Bannan, Wallace but...

Of course you’re  right that we have limited options and are without some of our better players. It’s a given. 

Just suggesting that even with what we have to choose from it’s possible to have an attack plan to trouble the opposition. To align behind the plan and to motivate players to opt into the plan. Attack is a form of defence

Some of the highest regarded coaches and managers build their reputation on getting the best out of the players at their disposal. IMO I don’t think JL is. Presumably you do? 

On 27/02/2018 at 22:09, Woodyowl450 said:

Can’t argue with this and I wish I could because part of me wants to like him, and say it’s too early to judge etc but when I saw the midfield pairing of Butterfield and Jones and Loovens at the back I knew we were in trouble. It wasn’t that we lost that annoyed me it was that it came across a half arsed effort by the players on the pitch and Luhukay with his tactics and body language.

Who would you have played instead of those 3 ? Please enlighten me!

I’ve said it before. It was vital that we appointed somebody with energy. Somebody with fire, determination and desire to battle it out. Somebody with vibrancy and with a positive attitude to kick start the Club.

Instead we got Jos. 

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
4 minutes ago, BingleyOwl said:

I’ve said it before. It was vital that we appointed somebody with energy. Somebody with fire, determination and desire to battle it out. Somebody with vibrancy and with a positive attitude to kick start the Club.

Instead we got Jos. 

I think that Jos is the right man for us. 

8 minutes ago, Xxxxxxxxcxcc said:

I think that Jos is the right man for us. 

Only time will tell if Jos was the right appointment , but surely he deserves time to turn around this mess we are in , a mess that certainly wasn't caused by him . The performances against Derby and Villa were very encouraging , getting to that level or better on a regular basis over the next few weeks will be vital he's hoping he can manage that .