Jo’s - not very good

I really dont understand why people keep resetting and going over the same ground after every performance.

For clarity - This season is gone. You can not judge someone with so many out. Replacements have fitness and confidence issues. We judge at the start of next season.

Anything else is madness or a pure lack of understanding of the mess we have been left with.

Its that simple.

Just now, cowl said:

We're not going to be sacking Luhukay at any time between now and the end of the season, so we may as well just see what kind of football we produce and results we achieve between now and May as the injured players make their way back.

There's undoubtedly been some odd and very questionable decisions made though which can't be ignored.

Having said that, not once has he been able to pick from a squad that has had anything less than 10 first-team absentees. We also can't ignore that.

I think he's also been naive about this league, and recently hinted at this by characterizing it (as though he were surprised) as a league in which any team can beat any other home and away. This perhaps goes someway to explain teams that he's selected that have been more defensive than they seemingly needed to be away from home. You'd like to think this is something that he'll very quickly get to grips with.

Personally, I feel the point at which we can really assess whether he's up to the task won't be until he can pick from amongst the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Bannan, and Lees.

I agree, he wont be going anywhere before the last game. I feel for him..the situation when he came in was almost impossible and its not getting any better for him. The reasoning behind my thoughts of, he isn't the man for us are as follows...he needs to pick his best available 11 for every match, identify a way of playing and getting results (ugly or pretty it doesn't bother me) and stick to a winning formula. He said the other that he has to protect players from injury....a player can get injured at any point whether its at home, training or a game, you can't predict it and you cant prevent it, it's the human body. So IMO you play your strongest 11 at all times with a view accumulating points as quickly as you can. No point sitting a match winner on the bench and losing 2-1 and then come out and say he could have got injured.

Jos dropped/rotated players against Millwall to try and preserve them for the Villa game...which we were undone by a couple of errors and a very bad referee, his plan back fired. It meant we lost two games in a week when again IMO, we could have taken something out of the Millwall game. Sitting Joao, Nuhiu and Reach on the bench is in the ilk of Wilson sitting Dicanio and Carbone on the bench. The three players on the bench at Millwall are our so called match winners!!

Just now, benni8 said:

I really dont understand why people keep resetting and going over the same ground after every performance.

For clarity - This season is gone. You can not judge someone with so many out. Replacements have fitness and confidence issues. We judge at the start of next season.

Anything else is madness or a pure lack of understanding of the mess we have been left with.

Its that simple.

The season isn't gone, far from...we are in a relegation battle. We are two results of been in the mire!! We have two very big games coming up that will literally make or break this season!!

The next 3 games could easily see us in the bottom 3. The Bristol game you would take a point but lets be honest we are expecting a loss...Bolton & Ipswich are huge games, 9 points in a week that could see us right in the mix for the bottom 3. We are not to good/big to go down and people need to realise this.

Many of our players are simply not good enough - It's been this way for a while now. Whether JL can motivate them to put everything into each game is a different thing altogether - i imagine many would say Warnock would approach it differently, but I don't think we are that desperate yet.

52 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

We are talking about managers who are on second/third division managers salaries...not Mourinho, Pochettino or Conte salaries. Compensation packages for these managers would be peanuts relatively speaking and money spent on a good manager is just as well spent as £10m on a striker!!

I have longed argued that the money spent on a top manager is the best investment any chairman will ever make. A manager is any chairman's most important appointment. Chansiri, probably due to a combination of extreme naievety coupled with a smidgeon of arrogance/ego, has gone about recruitment in a completely arse about mammary way. Spending gazillions on players and peanuts on managers....

Edited by Almat

11 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Championship reserve team lose to Premier league team shocker

So were sunderland, swansea will be the new sunderland. We were just a bit more shitier than them.

I take it you are another one who didn't see the wigan v m.city game. The crappest players in the world can still give it a go....assuming they can be arssed to. Or a manager with bollllox fitted in the right place.

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

So were sunderland, swansea will be the new sunderland. We were just a bit more shitier than them.

I take it you are another one who didn't see the wigan v m.city game. The crappest players in the world can still give it a go....assuming they can be arssed to. Or a manager with bollllox fitted in the right place.

15 players unavailable through injury

3 players cup tied

He's inherited one mess of a club

I'll judge him next season after he's brought his own players in, and he's given them a full pre season

I don't give a flap about Sunderland, Swansea, Man City, or Wigan

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I had to listen to the bleating Ram's fans at work after their shakey start to the season calling for Gary Rowetts head due to woolly tactics and not knowing his best 11 etc etc

Luckily for them, they herd a first team and put together a good run. In 2018, they set about being the master of the draw and rather sheepishly held onto second due to the inconsistency of those around them. Then form catches up, they have a quiet transfer window, and are now blaming Rowett and Mal Morris again as they are now woollied they will miss the playoffs. It's not like they aren't ewes to a post Xmas collapse.

They club have priced all tickets for their home game against Cardiff at a tenner a pop! But believe ewe me, some of their fans still think they are being fleeced, as they are lambs to the slaughter.

All football fans are fickle, and I'm not sure Jos is the answer to everything. I think it's a bit early to be calling for his head because we've had a couple of 'owlers. I think we'll stop up, as there are worse teams than us.

H2LpmtDBxe-16.png

Edited by Anus

2 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

No. i dont need to.

I see our style with my own eyes and its tedious to say the least, I will give him the Derby match, that was wonderful.

I get it, you are happy with what we are seeing, i am far from it, injuries or not.

Why does everything have to be black and white?

Not everyone who thinks the manager should be given a chance to turn things around is "happy".

It's this divisive posting that makes this site so bad lately. It's either post negatively and then "post not poster" whenever anyone pulls the person up, or "happy clapper" if you aren't calling for the manager's head.

All this hysteria is a joke.

Edited by markowl

1 hour ago, Animis said:

Many of our players are simply not good enough - It's been this way for a while now. Whether JL can motivate them to put everything into each game is a different thing altogether - i imagine many would say Warnock would approach it differently, but I don't think we are that desperate yet.

sure hope the Mcarthy rumour is true tho

Guest Bulgaria
25 minutes ago, markowl said:

Why does everything have to be black and white?

Not everyone who thinks the manager should be given a chance to turn things around is "happy".

It's this divisive posting that makes this site so bad lately. It's either post negatively and then "post not poster" whenever anyone pulls the person up, or "happy clapper" if you aren't calling for the manager's head.

All this hysteria is a joke.

I think Hysteria is being a little melodramatic.

I personally am not saying he shouldn't be given a go, i am just giving my two penneths worth and that is i think he is too negative, its hardly working is it?

13 hours ago, danblakemore said:

Gonna say it sorry...

Weve seen enough to question his tactics.

millwall - speaks for itself

Birmingham - poor man management 

Villa - lack of subs when team was clearly tired after 60 mins

Tonight - why play Rhodes, he’s not with it for whatever reason.

sorry but I’m not feeling it. 

i'm not too sure about his previous employment?

d9fbb72f504c93f853effc97630a8d1f.jpg

13 hours ago, RockieOwl said:

I'm pissed off. Very pissed off at a poor performance. But blaming jos for this?? No. Person to blame is in the opposition's dugout. 

The key games are Ipswich and Bolton. If we don't get 4 points from them then I'll worry. Talk of relegation is premature.

Give jos a chance. He deserves it with the absolute rubbish Carlos left 

Carlos left Jos a load of injures. Which have got worse not better. The reason Carlos had his favourites and never played some of these players is clear to see.

Although Carlos must shoulder some of the blame I think the problem runs alot deeper than him.

3 hours ago, Bulgaria said:

I think Hysteria is being a little melodramatic.

I personally am not saying he shouldn't be given a go, i am just giving my two penneths worth and that is i think he is too negative, its hardly working is it?

No it's not.

But I appreciate we are down to the bare bones squad wise, so I do think there has to be a little leeway given.