Jo’s - not very good

13 minutes ago, Cheffield Waynesday said:

Why would he ? What would it even change ? I have no idea why Carlos’s saying anything would do or change anything.  Are you on medication?

As I stated in my post, Carlos taking responsibility and explaining why we are in this mess (which he claimed he'd do) would make people appreciate the job Jos has on his hands. Instead we’ve got people calling for his head already.

That’s my opinion. If you don’t agree then try putting together a couple of sentences to explain why and we’ll have what’s called a debate…. or just ‘try’ to be funny and question if I’m on medication because that’s too much to ask.

10 hours ago, Southie_Owl said:

We played that badly under Carlos too, certainly last season. So it’s a problem in the squad for a while now.

We don’t have the ability or pace in the team to create chances for strikers and score goals.  

It needs a massive shake up in the summer, players and maybe manager too 

You do know we finished 4th last season, don't you?   Our highest league placing for 17 years.  

Are you trying to rewrite history?

It doesn't need a massive shake up in the summer.   It needs our first team back from injury. 

10 hours ago, danblakemore said:

Gonna say it sorry...

Weve seen enough to question his tactics.

millwall - speaks for itself

Birmingham - poor man management 

Villa - lack of subs when team was clearly tired after 60 mins

Tonight - why play Rhodes, he’s not with it for whatever reason.

sorry but I’m not feeling it. 

I have to agree...i feel for Jos. Thrown in the deep end with not much to play with, not really his fault as such but i am convinced he isn't the man to take us forward. I want a proven championship manager in for next season! Lets stop messing about and get a proven manager in, no more gambles and chances for unknowns...we have the tools we just need someone to get the best out of this squad.

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

I have to agree...i feel for Jos. Thrown in the deep end with not much to play with, not really his fault as such but i am convinced he isn't the man to take us forward. I want a proven championship manager in for next season! Lets stop messing about and get a proven manager in, no more gambles and chances for unknowns...we have the tools we just need someone to get the best out of this squad.

Who ??

10 hours ago, RockieOwl said:

I'm pissed off. Very pissed off at a poor performance. But blaming jos for this?? No. Person to blame is in the opposition's dugout. 

The key games are Ipswich and Bolton. If we don't get 4 points from them then I'll worry. Talk of relegation is premature.

Give jos a chance. He deserves it with the absolute rubbish Carlos left 

You have to look at the whole situation...Jos as inherited a mess but you have to help yourself and he hasn't in some instances.

Last night was a shocker all round but when you look at overall performances and tactics throughout the time he as been here, its not been great!

I feel for Jos but as always there is not sentiment in football...we need results and performances and i fear we wont get that under him. Hopefully he can save us this season (any who thinks we aren't in a relegation battle is deluded) and walk away with his head held high...for me he isn't the one to take us forward and into next season.

3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

You have to look at the whole situation...Jos as inherited a mess but you have to help yourself and he hasn't in some instances.

Last night was a shocker all round but when you look at overall performances and tactics throughout the time he as been here, its not been great!

I feel for Jos but as always there is not sentiment in football...we need results and performances and i fear we wont get that under him. Hopefully he can save us this season (any who thinks we aren't in a relegation battle is deluded) and walk away with his head held high...for me he isn't the one to take us forward and into next season.

Then iyo who is. ??

Just now, Hughthecone said:

Who ??

There are lots of options out there including managers who are currently employed. Just before they are employed doesn't mean they cant be tempted!!

Paul Cook (would jump at a proper crack at the champ)

Dean Smith

Pardew (will be back on the market)

McCarthy (going soon)

Pearson (make it happen, money talks)

We are talking about managers who are on second/third division managers salaries...not Mourinho, Pochettino or Conte salaries. Compensation packages for these managers would be peanuts relatively speaking and money spent on a good manager is just as well spent as £10m on a striker!!

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

There are lots of options out there including managers who are currently employed. Just before they are employed doesn't mean they cant be tempted!!

Paul Cook (would jump at a proper crack at the champ)

Dean Smith

Pardew (will be back on the market)

McCarthy (going soon)

Pearson (make it happen, money talks)

We are talking about managers who are on second/third division managers salaries...not Mourinho, Pochettino or Conte salaries. Compensation packages for these managers would be peanuts relatively speaking and money spent on a good manager is just as well spent as £10m on a striker!!

Thanks for the answer.

18 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

You do know we finished 4th last season, don't you?   Our highest league placing for 17 years.  

It doesn't need a massive shake up in the summer.   It needs our first team back from injury. 

I’m talking about the performance not the results.  Anyone who saw our performances last season at Wigan, or against Rotherham etc would agree that we performed as badly last night as we did at times last season. It’s just that we played premier league opposition last night who brought on a £8m striker to help them win the game and we weren’t good enough to score the odd goal

Edited by Southie_Owl

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

I think this is an awful thread. Judging a guy with a threadbare squad. He is encouraging youth for a start, when was the last time a manager at Wednesday actually took notice of the youngsters. His hand may have been forced but so what. I am reserving judgement until he has had a chance for the dust to settle and actually start working with a proper squad. I doubt anyone could do any better with what he has and that would be pointless conjecture anyway..

My biggest concern is how a club can oversee a player like Clare for so long, then when he is out of contract we suddenly announce him to the world. Totally mystifying

EVERY manager SHOULD take notice of the youngsters. We think Jos doing it is amazing but that's only because Carlos didn't do this bare essential.

If you're reserving judgement 'til the squad's back then you're leaving it 'til the new season and I haven't seen enough to make me think he deserves it.

The Sean Clare situation is exactly why CC has a lot to answer for. All the kids are p*ssed cos they haven't played. We're trying to get them to fall back in love with us while at the same time plummeting toward L1. Would you wana get on board if you were an emerging talent?

Goes back to my earlier point; IMO we need an inspiring manager to get 'em onside.

Only one man to blame for this season imo and that is Carlos. The team were under prepared at the start of the season with low fitness levels. Why was that? Why did he sack a perfectly good, well respected medical team? Is that the reason for the injuries? My feelings are that his heart wasn't in it. He has publicly said that he had spoken to Swansea about being manager. Where was his incentive to make us a success? 

He knew that come what may this season he would be a premiership manager with us or Swansea. In my mind he was just biding his time this season. I thank him for the first two seasons but that's it. 

20 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

I couldn't disagree more. The main failing of Carlos was that he tried to play the same 1st team for three seasons in a row. And we were found out. Can I remind that we weren't top of the table in Sept only to have the injuries destroy us.

And now your proposing the solution is to play the same old-to-begin-with 1st team next season? For a FOURTH year? What mod of Championship Manager did you grow up on?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, billyblack said:

I think this is an awful thread. Judging a guy with a threadbare squad. He is encouraging youth for a start, when was the last time a manager at Wednesday actually took notice of the youngsters. His hand may have been forced but so what. I am reserving judgement until he has had a chance for the dust to settle and actually start working with a proper squad. I doubt anyone could do any better with what he has and that would be pointless conjecture anyway..

My biggest concern is how a club can oversee a player like Clare for so long, then when he is out of contract we suddenly announce him to the world. Totally mystifying

Exactly. Jos has taken over a makeshift side where his better players are either injured,  some long term or lacking  in confidence. Taking all that into consideration he's doing a decent job. 

We're not going to be sacking Luhukay at any time between now and the end of the season, so we may as well just see what kind of football we produce and results we achieve between now and May as the injured players make their way back.

There's undoubtedly been some odd and very questionable decisions made though which can't be ignored.

Having said that, not once has he been able to pick from a squad that has had anything less than 10 first-team absentees. We also can't ignore that.

I think he's also been naive about this league, and recently hinted at this by characterizing it (as though he were surprised) as a league in which any team can beat any other home and away. This perhaps goes someway to explain teams that he's selected that have been more defensive than they seemingly needed to be away from home. You'd like to think this is something that he'll very quickly get to grips with.

Personally, I feel the point at which we can really assess whether he's up to the task won't be until he can pick from amongst the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Bannan, and Lees.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cowl said:

We're not going to be sacking Luhukay at any time between now and the end of the season, so we may as well just see what kind of football we produce and results we achieve between now and May as the injured players make their way back.

There's undoubtedly been some odd and very questionable decisions made though which can't be ignored.

Having said that, not once has he been able to pick from a squad that has had anything less than 10 first-team absentees. We also can't ignore that.

I think he's also been naive about this league, and recently hinted at this by characterizing it (as though he were surprised) as a league in which any team can beat any other home and away. This perhaps goes someway to explain teams that he's selected that have been more defensive than they seemingly needed to be away from home. You'd like to think this is something that he'll very quickly get to grips with.

Personally, I feel the point at which we can really assess whether he's up to the task won't be until he can pick from amongst the likes of Forestieri, Hooper, Bannan, and Lees.

Spot on