Jo’s - not very good

7 minutes ago, debram said:

He really didnt have many other options last night, it was the lack of grit, desire and determination to win a cup tie with the chance of spurs at home next round that puzzled me, if we cant be up for that, what hope have we got, desperately need ff, bannan and hooper fit and claire back in

So we can lose live on TV 6 - 0 at home instead. Sounds great

6 minutes ago, cbirks said:

100% Jos out. No impact at all. The only time we've played with any hunger/desire/chuffing ability was at Derby when - by his own admission - he'd let the players dictate training and tactics.

He does nothing special. It's so obvious that the team (second string et al) needs to be galvanised into a unit using man management and motivation skills but instead he's doing arms-length tinkering.

Let's get to the end of the season, then Jos out.

Yeah right. I guess his arms length tinkering and poor man management is how he got teams promoted in the past

The players are playing like they can't buy a win. They can't.

They're playing like a team in a relegation battle. They are.

We have a threadbare squad, lacking in confidence, I don't know what you can do about that. Enthusiasm of youth helps but that wasn't possible last night as they were cup tied.

I look forward to getting one or two more influential players back, then just one spark, one bit of luck, a last minute penalty win or something could turn it around.

New season, new start. Fit, injury free players a priority.

Edited by bigrbuk
  • Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
6 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Yeah right. I guess his arms length tinkering and poor man management is how he got teams promoted in the past

I could run fast years ago.... i cant now.

Whats your point?

10 hours ago, trask43 said:

The most bizarre thing was that for once he actually made an attacking sub we had three men up top and then we just continued to pass it around the back five, at no point ever going long which seemed the obvious option as we'd had no luck playing through them and know had a decent target and a couple of players to play off him. We did it time and time again it must have been under instruction from jos unless he is just so quite on the sidelines the players got confused and were still listening to carlos.

I was stuck in a very snowy traffic jam on the M60 on the way back from Manchester airport and only caught the last 20 minutes and relied on Radio 5.

Pat Nevin was dumbstruck as to why we continued to pass it across the back when we had loads of forwards, including two big guys, up top and kept putting ourselves under pressure. He just couldn't get his head round it. 

Can you really blame Jos for our cautious approach last night? As soon as they scored we had no other option but to show a bit of attacking intent and ended up all over the place. It was embarrassing at times as the likes of Loovens and Jones couldn’t direct a simple 10-yard pass to a team mate.  

The man to blame was in the opposite dug out. Our depleted squad lacked creativity, pace and fitness.

Meanwhile Carlos is blabbering on about being a Wednesdayite and loving our club. If that was true, he’d admit his mistakes and apologise. Instead, in the words of a Swansea player at half-time, he just looks at the positives.

I’d have much more appreciation for the job Carlos did if he accepted responsibility for our current mess. The fact he hasn’t done that has put added pressure on Jos to sort it all out.

3 minutes ago, Bassett's Allsorts said:

Can you really blame Jos for our cautious approach last night? As soon as they scored we had no other option but to show a bit of attacking intent and ended up all over the place. It was embarrassing at times as the likes of Loovens and Jones couldn’t direct a simple 10-yard pass to a team mate.  

The man to blame was in the opposite dug out. Our depleted squad lacked creativity, pace and fitness.

Meanwhile Carlos is blabbering on about being a Wednesdayite and loving our club. If that was true, he’d admit his mistakes and apologise. Instead, in the words of a Swansea player at half-time, he just looks at the positives.

I’d have much more appreciation for the job Carlos did if he accepted responsibility for our current mess. The fact he hasn’t done that has put added pressure on Jos to sort it all out.

Why would he ? What would it even change ? I have no idea why Carlos’s saying anything would do or change anything.  Are you on medication?

20 minutes ago, debram said:

Thats pesemistic, I would have lked the opportunity, you never know in this game

Maybe not that pessimistic. Just another 90 mins+ we could do without at the minute. Bigger things to worry about. In other circumstances i would agree with you 

Guest Bulgaria
5 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Are we talking years ago. Thats my point. You talk like you witness his day to day managing. Do you?

No. i dont need to.

I see our style with my own eyes and its tedious to say the least, I will give him the Derby match, that was wonderful.

I get it, you are happy with what we are seeing, i am far from it, injuries or not.

Guest Bulgaria
7 minutes ago, Samurai Blue said:

I'm a bit embarrassed on everyone's behalf for having a go at Jos here, and agree that it's shocking Jo's never been past the semi-finals of a Grand Slam. 

image.jpeg

(edit: Apart from in mixed doubles, goddamit)

The Durie is still out for me....

17 minutes ago, Cheffield Waynesday said:

Yeh he should of played our injured players and put players in positions they dot usually play. Because after all it worked so well for Carlos and no one ever complained about it. 

Give me strength 

Agree mate, but playing devils advocate from recent games...

Boyd at wingback? 

Wallace as a striker?

Fox, Buttercup or Jones geing near a football pitch in any position