Jo’s - not very good

28 minutes ago, Watto said:

I make it 11 injured 3 cup tied 

Swansea in bottom 3 ( half their team missing ) 

'Useless' Carlos in charge 

We were EASILY beaten second half 

Westwood

Lees

Lee

Bannan

Hooper

Fletcher

Forestieri

Van Acken

Matias

Wallace

Hutchinson

Not played for ages

Abdi

First game after injury

Palmer

First game after illness

Rhodes

Premiership Swansea with 'Brilliant' Carlos in charge held for 145 minutes by injury ravaged team 17th in Championship

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

32 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

We were beaten by one of the finest managers in English football (who incidentally certain people hounded out of the club for no reasob) and we were unlucky too. Jos is doing a great job given how many injured players we have, biased refs to contend with etc

lol

Wrong website Carlos

• Haha 3

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I'm no happy clapper (I wanted Carlos gone six weeks before he went) but I'm willing to give Jos the chance to show what he can do with a full squad and a proper transfer window \ pre-season before writing him off.

The current shambles is no situation in which to judge a new manager properly.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Westwood

Lees

Lee

Bannan

Hooper

Fletcher

Forestieri

Van Acken

Matias

Wallace

Hutchinson

Not played for ages

Abdi

First game after injury

Palmer

First game after illness

Rhodes

Premiership Swansea with 'Brilliant' Carlos in charge held for 145 minutes by injury ravaged team 17th in Championship

Just like to add another to your list.

Jordan Thorniley 

26 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

lol

Wrong website Carlos

I want to talk about the forum, about the players about the club. I don’t appreciate the errrrr personal attack towards me and towards my players. Errrr in my situation towards the club and towards the fan I think we should focus our efforts towards the opposites, on Saturday we have big game against the Bristol and we all need to focus on that not attack the players and me on the forum. But no I don’t want to talk about it.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TaxiMark said:

Tbf we have brought in some rightshite.

The sooner we get rid of the useless high earners and play some of the promising younger players the better...but will it happen ?

It has already started Clare Thornliey Wildesmith Dawson and hopefully Hirst.

Think this particular argument is best left for the close season...

We have no idea how good or bad Jos is yet...We have no idea what constraints he's working under.

carvalhal got slaughtered because he was playing footballers who were carrying injuries...Is Jos being more careful...

Its true , bringing the youngsters in has been more or less forced on him through circumstance...but its far too early to judge him, and In my opinion..totally unfair to judge him on what he has had...

1 minute ago, asteener1867 said:

Think this particular argument is best left for the close season...

We have no idea how good or bad Jos is yet...We have no idea what constraints he's working under.

carvalhal got slaughtered because he was playing footballers who were carrying injuries...Is Jos being more careful...

Its true , bringing the youngsters in has been more or less forced on him through circumstance...but its far too early to judge him, and In my opinion..totally unfair to judge him on what he has had...

Totally agree

10 hours ago, billyblack said:

If we had played attacking football we would have got beaten easily.  Our best chance was try and score on the break or a set piece (miracles do happen). Our priority is the league. If we had a full squad i agree. We dont, hence not bothered, another fixture is not what we need. Hunt went off last night as well.

Agree that league has to be our priority. Disagree that if we had played attacking football we would’ve got beaten easily. IMO CC was able to bring on 2 attacking players with serious defensive frailties because we carried no attacking threat whatsoever. He knew his subs wouldn’t need to defend. Also, we know from bitter experience that when CCs teams are attacked they drop deeper and deeper to “close the gaps”

20 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

Championship reserve team lose to Premier league team shocker

Im sorry mate ,but it dosnt matter who is in the team , not giving 100% for the cause and giving blood for the shirt is not acceptable . 

Last week i watched Wigan beat the premier league champions elect ,and  out fight them . Every Wigan player never stopped running and fighting for 90 minutes . 

1 hour ago, Rebowl Yell said:

I want to talk about the forum, about the players about the club. I don’t appreciate the errrrr personal attack towards me and towards my players. Errrr in my situation towards the club and towards the fan I think we should focus our efforts towards the opposites, on Saturday we have big game against the Bristol and we all need to focus on that not attack the players and me on the forum. But no I don’t want to talk about it.

Your Welsh lessons have been cancelled due to bad weather ...

And don't forget you have a costume fitting booked next Tuesday for your Eisteddfod outfit 10 am 

Yakky da ........ 

Transwelshielder

FFS......

Edited by OWLERTON GHOST

46 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Im sorry mate ,but it dosnt matter who is in the team , not giving 100% for the cause and giving blood for the shirt is not acceptable . 

Last week i watched Wigan beat the premier league champions elect ,and  out fight them . Every Wigan player never stopped running and fighting for 90 minutes . 

Which players didn’t give 100%? I wasn’t there but from what I watched pretty much everyone was closing down etc. I’m genuinely interested if you think differently.

We ran out of steam big time in the second half, and the players aren’t as good as Swansea to a man pretty much.

I’ve seen Wednesday teams down tools in the past and these lot are nowhere near that, just not as good as the opposition.

• Like 1

99% of fans on Owlstalk seem to accept that JL inherited a bad situation (moral, injuries, fitness, aging squad, CC’s favourites holding back youth development etc). Noones really arguing with that.

Fact remains that you can’t win football matches withoout a plan to stop your opponents scoring and a plan to score against them.

I can see how JL is trying to stop teams. 3 centre backs, sometimes plus 2 full backs high energy press which worked against pigs, Cardiff, Derby, Villa (at times) Swansea home, Swansea away (first half)

What I’m struggling with is what is his plan to score. When we win the ball we seem to be hoping something will happen. There’s no reaction from players to show they know what to do or where to be.

i know we are missing Hooper, Fessi, Bannan, Wallace but....

Aiming for Big Dave and getting around him for the second ball is a plan. 

Playing Reach and Boyd wide and asking them to constantly cross into the corridor for Rhodes to attack is a plan. 

Playing a diamond with someone like Clare, Reach or (god forbid) Butterfield at the tip trying to thread balls for Joao to run on to is a plan.

Gambling with genuine wing-backs timing their runs to break beyond the forwards is a plan.

Admittedly all these plans have flaws but I don’t see anything at all from JL