Thank You Dejphon Chansiri

7 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Who says he is!

Chansiri has admitted he got his strategy wrong so what’s your beef, he tried, gorrit wrong and is now trying something different, I’d rather he tried than did nowtso as I said what’s your real beef with him ?

I have no beef with him other than he’s charging high prices, got rid of the stripes, wants to deter away fans, plasters his name all over the stadium and talks bull about “family”. 

I think your insults say more about you than me. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Huddersfield are an example that DC’s way isn’t the only way. That charging the highest prices in the division and chucking money at an unbalanced squad isn’t the only way to get in the play offs. Steady progress year on year can achieve results. And who knows who would have bought us if DC hadn’t. Maybe the people who bought Wolves or maybe people with savvier football brains than DC has shown. 

We failed to get promotion and now we’re in a worse position than when Milan left. Albeit with a nice pitch a big telly. So forgive me if I don’t think Chansiri is the Lord God Almighty. 

Yeah you’re so right, we could have had that Madmantoff or whatever his name was, that would have been reyt good wouldn’t it ! FFS.

Be carefull what you wish for!

Just now, marcx666 said:

Thats fair enough, but again, has legitimately nothing to do with what I said. I simply said that without DC we wouldnt have been in the playoffs the last 2 years, because MIlan would not have taken us there.

Which you can’t possibly know. Milan had the wherewithal to do what Huddersfield did. Gray was making progress. 

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Which you can’t possibly know. Milan had the wherewithal to do what Huddersfield did. Gray was making progress. 

so you honestly think Milan would have taken us to the playoff final that season? 

Edited by marcx666

2 minutes ago, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

Yeah you’re so right, we could have had that Madmantoff or whatever his name was, that would have been reyt good wouldn’t it ! FFS.

Be carefull what you wish for!

I don’t wish for anything really. We get what we get and if I don’t like it i’ll say.

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Huddersfield are an example that DC’s way isn’t the only way. That charging the highest prices in the division and chucking money at an unbalanced squad isn’t the only way to get in the play offs. Steady progress year on year can achieve results. And who knows who would have bought us if DC hadn’t. Maybe the people who bought Wolves or maybe people with savvier football brains than DC has shown. 

We failed to get promotion and now we’re in a worse position than when Milan left. Albeit with a nice pitch a big telly. So forgive me if I don’t think Chansiri is the Lord God Almighty. 

Fair enough. But Wolves have been poo for years and Hudders. They got it right somehow, we've never been able to be  picky choosy.

Are we able to tell DC his methods are crap we want a better sugar daddy? Not that simple I imagine. Look at a lot of other champ, ex-champ clubs.

Grass is greener but it's also full of horse sheeite.

Just now, marcx666 said:

so you honestly think Milan would have taken us to the playoff final that season? 

Probably not but it’s impossible to say. The fact is we are now where we are. If you want to give Chansiri the plaudits he should take the blame too - hopefully the forthcoming accounts won’t reveal this has all been an appalling mistake. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I have no beef with him other than he’s charging high prices, got rid of the stripes, wants to deter away fans, plasters his name all over the stadium and talks bull about “family”. 

No your response about him putting his name everywhere says most, anybody with sense realises it’s so he can invest to his maximum levels.

I couldn’t give a throw about away fans, we’ve had to pay well over the odds in the past and as far as the stripes go I too would love them back but given the way the recent kits have sold it would suggest it’s just us keyboard warriors that moan, get over it and get behind your club, lock, stock and leaky barrel !

1 minute ago, acquiescefc said:

Fair enough. But Wolves have been poo for years and Hudders. They got it right somehow, we've never been able to be  picky choosy.

Are we able to tell DC his methods are crap we want a better sugar daddy? Not that simple I imagine. Look at a lot of other champ, ex-champ clubs.

Grass is greener but it's also full of horse sheeite.

We can tell DC his methods are crap if that’s what we think. We can also look at lots of ex-Championship now Premier League clubs who got it right. You pays your money.....

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Probably not but it’s impossible to say. The fact is we are now where we are. If you want to give Chansiri the plaudits he should take the blame too - hopefully the forthcoming accounts won’t reveal this has all been an appalling mistake. 

I dont think it will, he gave it a go and chucked more cash at it than any manager we have known since the prem days, but he always has seemed to be acutely aware of FFP. Although your concern about our financial state does seem to indicate you would prefer we stayed just fighting to be in the division instead of trying to get out of it

Just now, Captain Sl-OWL-ly said:

No your response about him putting his name everywhere says most, anybody with sense realises it’s so he can invest to his maximum levels.

I couldn’t give a throw about away fans, we’ve had to pay well over the odds in the past and as far as the stripes go I too would love them back but given the way the recent kits have sold it would suggest it’s just us keyboard warriors that moan, get over it and get behind your club, lock, stock and leaky barrel !

I buy season tickets so I do.

Doesn’t mean to say I have to like what the chairman does. He isn’t the club. And there isn’t a rule saying a sponsor has to plaster his name everywhere. I do do care about away fans - each to their own - and I have no idea how this latest kit has sold I just think it’s an abomination. Opinions innit? 

Just now, rickygoo said:

I buy season tickets so I do.

Doesn’t mean to say I have to like what the chairman does. He isn’t the club. And there isn’t a rule saying a sponsor has to plaster his name everywhere. I do do care about away fans - each to their own - and I have no idea how this latest kit has sold I just think it’s an abomination. Opinions innit? 

Gu ta bed !

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

We can tell DC his methods are crap if that’s what we think. We can also look at lots of ex-Championship now Premier League clubs who got it right. You pays your money.....

I don't think because I don't know. You and the OP are suggesting that I believe.

Yes they got it right but there's a lot that didn't.

11 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Why does that bother you? Just curious. 

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

I dont think it will, he gave it a go and chucked more cash at it than any manager we have known since the prem days, but he always has seemed to be acutely aware of FFP. Although your concern about our financial state does seem to indicate you would prefer we stayed just fighting to be in the division instead of trying to get out of it

To be honest apart from half a dozen big games being in the Premier League doesn’t particularly excite me. Winning promotion would be amazing in itself - especially after such a long wait - but after that all I can see is a desperate desire not to finish in the bottom three which would get pretty tedious. So I don’t get too giddy about the endgame. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

Because I support Wednesday not Chansiri. Because if owned the club I wouldn’t do it myself. Seems a bit tacky to me. But each to their own. 

If nike or addidas was all around the stadium would that bother you too? 

"I'm here to support Wednesday not Nike God dam it!"

13 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

For every Huddersfield there's more clubs that try to do it on a budget and end up being relegated, for every Wolves who try to do it by splashing the cash there's the Forest's and Derby's etc who do the same but don't get close.

It's not an exact science either way is it. 

It's too easy to just say look at Huddersfield, why can't we do that. As I said earlier, if we did what Huddersfield's chairman had done and took 3 seasons to get out of the 3rd division and a further 4 seasons finishing no higher than 16th then plenty of our fans would have been demanding an alternative approach.