Pitiful

1 minute ago, Owls2k said:

To add a glimmer of balance, until Swansea's fluke of a goal this could have been said about either side. 

True - it reminded me a lot of last season. We didn't necessarily play well or with any decent style but on occasion just had the better quality. 

The awful defensive first mindset is annoying the flip out of me. More that we are just not very good at it 

42 minutes ago, St Ives owls said:

I wish i could reply to this thread with some positivity 

poor in possession , poor in closing men down , poor in attack , poor in creativity 

a bad night for SWFC 

Only good point was the brave souls that made the trip down there safe journey home guys

They showed much more effort than the players despite having to pay their own way.

Once again, safe journey home men. Could have done with some of you on the field.

1 hour ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Sat in a hotel room in London desparately wanting us not to be embarrassed on national TV....terrible. We have some slow old players. 

☹️

My son's working in Hell (real town, in Norway) they had the match on live in a bar...never was watching wednesday in hell more apt

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

Better side!! There was nothing better at all we were embarrassing in front of the all those viewers , it was awful 

We forced some saves from the keeper and came closest to scoring in what was a pretty dull game all round. But that was our chance gone.

3 minutes ago, Creeky shirl said:

We have third choic players in this team - are you lot for real ?!

Does that mean the are excused for not showing fight and determination because someone forgirbto tell the Wigan players against Man City they were inferior 

Edited by owlmanc

2 hours ago, Mr. Tom said:

It's the abject lack of quality when we're not even under pressure that gets my p1ss boiling. Why on earth can't we play simple passes to feet with even a 50% success rate? Absolutely shocking, it was like watching non-footballers at times. I honestly can't believe how bad that was. And we were genuinely good on Saturday. What the hell is the magic secret ingredient that makes the difference between incisive attacking hardworking football and utter, utter dross? It's absolutely baffling. I'm lost for words. We're a COMPLETELY different team every week, regardless of personnel.

This x 1000

8 minutes ago, owlmanc said:

Does that mean the are excused for not showing fight and determination because someone forgirbto tell the Wigan players against Man City they were inferior 

Yep it does - prem team - v us at moment.

We did well to put 11 out - new gaffer, U23's who've done nowt - and now 19 players out - what the feck do we expect ! 

All gutted - but we go again - as long as we keep out of pub league. 

UTO FTB

1 hour ago, ramone said:

Jacob Butterfields pass in the first half. Where he passed it to no one on the right wing. 

Shambles

I pressed rewind on that one just to check if the player he was intending to pass to had been taken out by a sniper in the stands or just to try and work out was his intention was - none the wiser!

7 hours ago, Creeky shirl said:

We did well to put 11 out - new gaffer, U23's who've done nowt - and now 19 players out - what the feck do we expect ! 

UTO FTB

What i expect is those players who have LOTS of experience (Boyd, Rhodes, Butterfield, Loovens etc) to show fight and determination and to lead the team and the younger players. 

8 hours ago, Creeky shirl said:

All gutted - but we go again - as long as we keep out of pub league

UTO FTB

We clearly did NOT do well, and continuing as we are doing at the moment  will NOT keep us out of the pub league.

8 hours ago, Creeky shirl said:

UTO FTB

the only player under 23 last night was dawson so that's no excuse .........it was an abject performance from experienced pro's who showed no stomach for the fight ....I rarely criticise a player for a bad performance but when they collectively just lay down and roll over then they deserve everything that's coming there way .....I think your peeing in the wind trying to defend them mate coz that performance is undefendable .  

10 hours ago, wharncliffeowl said:

I'm embarrassed by that performance. Losing fighting, giving it a go, blood an thunder, up and at 'em style is acceptable. That shower representing Sheffield Wednesday tonight were limp, pathetic, skill-less and clueless. 

you can understand, and at times forgive a man for his limited ability, but you shouldn't ever forgive him for limited effort.

Butterfield and Jones might as well have been wearing Swansea shirts. Both disgraceful performances.

If Butterfield EVER gets in the side ahead of Clare from now on (yes, I know he was cup tied last night) then Jos needs his moustache plucking. The sooner that waste of wages gets thrown back at Derby the better.

1 minute ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Butterfield and Jones might as well have been wearing Swansea shirts. Both disgraceful performances.

If Butterfield EVER gets in the side ahead of Clare from now on (yes, I know he was cup tied last night) then Jos needs his moustache plucking. The sooner that waste of wages gets thrown back at Derby the better.

butterfield is on his way to becoming a third division footballer, we have to guard against him taking us with him.

11 hours ago, brando said:

practise match for Swansea,can't believe we were playing for a quarter final place,passionless this manager will be done at the end of this season,come in Mcarthy the seats ready for you

wooohooo