BBC pundits tonight

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Aren't you just stifling debate by doing this?

I mean you post the same thing in every single thread concerning any local (or in this case national) media outlet or personality.

I don't really buy into the whole media conspiracy thing too much, though clearly some people do and want to post about it.

I genuinely think you've got all confused what debate is

I'm putting my point of view across for others to discuss/debate/push away if they want to

You're basically just trolling the site and the running of the site

People can discuss the media as much as they want to, before, during and after I've posted my views.

My views aren't definitive or the end of the thread and final say -  They're purely my views

It's really not that hard to understand really is it?

Owlstalk Shop

No moaning from me re: pundits.

In regards to Jenas, I just don't like the fella as a pundit. They way he talks on MOTD/5Live/BT, you'd think he's won the lot in professional football.

I'm just interested to know if the pundits will have done their homework on us tonight, or whether they still think Pressman is our No.1.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

There's no harm in the thread existing - no of course not

But let's be honest it's basically any/every media outlet that Wednesday fans are complaining and crying about these days

Radio Sheffield, Rob Staton, Owlstalk, Andy Giddings, Jon Newsome, Alan Biggs, Dom Howson, The Star, The Daily Mail, Calendar, Look North etc etc etc

Basically anyone and everyone

There's no exceptions at all

Thats why I think it's discredited as a whinge and coming across all crybaby and stuff we used to laugh at other clubs fans for

Well here is my prediction tonight: the pundits will barely ,if at all, mention our injury list.

No mention whatsoever of cup tied players (but they will for Ayew of Swansea).

Will describe Carlos as having been sacked when it was more of a mutual thing - even instigated by him. 

Not saying they are biased - just blinkered and lazy. 

Just now, owlZfan84 said:

In regards to Jenas, I just don't like the fella as a pundit. They way he talks on MOTD/5Live/BT, you'd think he's won the lot in professional football.

I'm just interested to know if the pundits will have done their homework on us tonight, or whether they still think Pressman is our No.1.

I find that Jenas talks almost entirely in cliches, something about having belief, being brave, and quality in the final third

....on an endless vacuous loop

nice work if you can get it

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

I didn't mind Jenas until the recent Mahrez transfer saga wen he was pretty much 100% on Mahrez side and suggesting his employers were being unreasonable in not letting him move. 

Think he, Danny Murphy and one or two others are too close to the players on who they are supposed to be impartially commenting. 

I'm rather looking forward to <BBC presenter's name here> saying something like:-

"So that's agreed then... We all hate Sheffield Wednesday, the football they played tonight was rubbish, they should never have got rid of Carlos, they make the competition look good, .... and how they won 4-0 is beyond me"

Edited by Musn't Grumble
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Davidioso said:

I find that Jenas talks almost entirely in cliches, something about having belief, being brave, and quality in the final third

....on an endless vacuous loop

nice work if you can get it

Totally agree.

He just talks the same rubbish. On repeat.

43 minutes ago, Belfast Owl 2 said:

Hope their facts are more accurate than the website:

In fact, Joel Pelupessy's goal against Millwall in their last away game was their first non-penalty goal on the road since 26th December

Unless I imagined Joao scored a cracking goal to make it 3-0?

Rhodes penalty made it 2-0 that day

I think you might've misunderstood that. Our only away goals since 26th December are Nuhiu's penalty at Barnsley and Pelupessy's strike at Millwall.

8 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

You're basically just trolling the site and the running of the site

How in anyway shape or form I'm I "trolling" the site?

A bit like "post, not poster" this is becoming an easy fall back to stop people from questioning how things are being run.

Guest Xxxxxxxxcxcc
38 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

we've hit a whole new level of madness

now we're crying about the media in advance of games

lol

Amazing

Yes the creeping paranoia reminds me of my next door neighbours rampant ivy slithering insidiously over my fence into my garden.